Become a Patron!

New to Vaping, would like to buy ! Anyone have recommendations?

Avion

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Hey Guys,

Totally new to this, not sure where to start and like to buy? Anyone could help with some good suggestions? Like where should i look at? What should i look out for as a newbie?

Friends did recommend me a site but i like to do more research before i make my purchase.

yamooo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What is your budget?

Avion

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
No freaking idea seriously T_T... i am looking at somewhere around $40usd? Plus minus? Is there any good online or do you guys go local to get it?

yamooo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh man. $40 is decent not bad. Coolfire 4 and EGO One are your choices in that budget.

Online prices are lower but you have to wait to get the product. Whereas local you can get it right away but costs extra. It is your decision to make.

Avion

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Coolfire 4 and EGO? Those are brands? Local i am not sure where should i go, so many fake stuff in my place...any good online recommendations?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Mods I would recommend to a beginner -

eLeaf iStick 20w, 30w, 50w, 100w
Innokin MVP Energy, MVP Shine, MVP 2.0, MVP 20w, MVP Pro
VaporShark rDNA
SX Mini
Vamo V3 or higher
IPV Mini
Cool Fire IV

yamooo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mods I would recommend to a beginner -

eLeaf iStick 20w, 30w, 50w, 100w
Innokin MVP Energy, MVP Shine, MVP 2.0, MVP 20w, MVP Pro
VaporShark rDNA
SX Mini
Vamo V3 or higher
IPV Mini
Cool Fire IV

Nah man, only iStick 30W, MVP 3.0 Pro, and Cool Fire 4 are good for beginners out of these.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use/like my Nautilus mini with iStick 30watt.
I've had good buys at
Rock bottom Vape (they have special sales all the time)
My Freedom Smoke (they always have some kind of sale going on)
Heartlandvapes (for juice. both large bottles and sample packs)
All three are venders here at the VU.
Are you vaping to quit smoking?
How much did you smoke per day?
That information is needed to help set your nicotine level to start with.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Since you are new to all this, I can understand your confusion. You have come to vaping at a time where many great offerings are available to the beginner. I would suggest that if you have several local vape shops to go visit each one and ask for some beginner advice. I wouldn't buy anything until you feel like they have your best interest in mind and not their bottom line profit in mind. They should point you in the direction of a beginner device. They should recommend a charger if it has removable batteries. They should suggest batteries if the same applies. They should ask you questions about what you smoke, how many cigs a day etc. They should have a decent flavor tester bar so that you can sample many flavors and find something that will keep you happy and increase your chance for success at quitting cigs. If you go into a shop and they push low milligram nicotine, and high vg ratios with complicated hardware, leave. They don't care if your successful at quitting cigs or not. You should be able to walk out of a shop set up for around 40-50 bucks. But that's just a start. You will eventually want better equipment. This forum is a great place to learn, read all you can. Don't pressure yourself to vape like a pro, at least not yet. The main thing here is to get you off cigs. Best of luck to you...

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Nah man, only iStick 30W, MVP 3.0 Pro, and Cool Fire 4 are good for beginners out of these.
confused-face.jpg

yamooo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

eLeaf iStick 20w - Discont. and too weak, 50w - Notorious for blowing up, 100w - Big, overkill, requires external batteries and charger
Innokin MVP Energy, MVP Shine, MVP 2.0, MVP 20w - All old and weak
VaporShark rDNA - Too expensive for a beginner, better options out there.
SX Mini - Too expensive and advanced
Vamo V3 or higher - Old and discont
IPV Mini - Too expensive for what it is.

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mig 21 e cig kit, u can use 18 to 24 mg nicotine and it should satisfy ur nic cravings, it is the best ecig on the market

Flench

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think the Kbox would be good to start out with too . Not much to it and works like a charm and is very cheap in price .

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The mig 21 is just like a cig, i truley recomend those to anyone that is quitting smoking, simple to use and easy to carry, ive bn vaping since vaping started, i still use my mig 21 when im craving more nicotine, the mod and tanks and rda's is to much money to put forward to start out with i think my kit was 59 bucks hope this helps, "get off those cigs man"

Flench

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you want to wait 14 to 30 day's you can get the Kbox for 22 bucks from China here
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10011527/2292900-authentic-kangertech-kbox-8-40w-vw-variable
Then get you a Atomizer ( what the juice goes in and these are real easy to start with ) here too .
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...ce4-electronic-cigarettes-round-mouth-4-ropes
At these prices go a head and get you around 10 Atomizers to start you out . They don't last long before they wear out . If you buy one at your local shop they well cost you 6 to 7 bucks .

yamooo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you want to wait 14 to 30 day's you can get the Kbox for 22 bucks from China here
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10011527/2292900-authentic-kangertech-kbox-8-40w-vw-variable
Then get you a Atomizer ( what the juice goes in and these are real easy to start with ) here too .
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...ce4-electronic-cigarettes-round-mouth-4-ropes
At these prices go a head and get you around 10 Atomizers to start you out . They don't last long before they wear out . If you buy one at your local shop they well cost you 6 to 7 bucks .

He would have to buy his own batteries and charger if he goes with Kbox...

yamooo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Flench

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh yeah forgot about that . Just order you two off of ebay 18650 batteries . Where I got mine like 20 bucks for two and mine have lasted two year's so far .

VU Sponsors