Become a Patron!

New to vaping; nausea/dizzyness

Recently I made the decision to gradually (I don't want to use nicotine for vaping and weening myself off nicotine analog) quit smoking and got me a Nebox.

Using it at 0.5ohm and around 40w and I get nauseated, slightly dizzy and general feeling of "not being all there".

Using Avoria Vg 80/20 base and I'm not using any nicotine. Also not chainvaping. As far as I know I'm not allergic to anything, but guess that's an option?

Anyone else experienced this and found a solution? Thanks!

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Try another flavor. Could have a sensitivity to those compounds. It happens to me.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you are quitting smoking that is going to happen since your body is ridding your body of all the toxic shit smoking has loaded into you.
First go in 09 I was seriously disjointed, dizzy and always sick.

In 12 when I kicked it it was far easier.

Rest, water, exercise and get some good healthy food in ya and you will feel much more normal.
If it lasts more than 10 days go get checked by a dr.

@BigNasty , I shouldn't be having withdrawals yet though as I'm still at 4-5 cigs a day? At least I think so. On my 1st day of vaping with my own devices and plan on weening off by slowly subbing all of cigs with vape. If only it didn't make me feel ill because I do enjoy the flavors :wait:

Well, I guess if that's the cause I just have to suck it up. And I was hoping to avoid nasty withdrawal lol.

Will wait and see how it goes for a few days.

Thanks all, much appreciated!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Recently I made the decision to gradually (I don't want to use nicotine for vaping and weening myself off nicotine analog) quit smoking and got me a Nebox.

Using it at 0.5ohm and around 40w and I get nauseated, slightly dizzy and general feeling of "not being all there".

Using Avoria Vg 80/20 base and I'm not using any nicotine. Also not chainvaping. As far as I know I'm not allergic to anything, but guess that's an option?

Anyone else experienced this and found a solution? Thanks!
I've never heard of Avoria so I can't speak to the quality of their ingredients. I would make sure they are using USP KOSHER VG and PG.
There are many things that can attribute to those symptoms... I agree with @BigNasty that it is most likely withdrawal of the 4000 other chemicals in cigarettes. Since you are not putting nic in your vape, this is a high possibility. Are you having these symptoms when you smoke a cigarette or only with the vape?
Are you drinking lots of water? Dehydration is a known issue with vaping and can cause those symptoms.
It could be a vg or pg sensitivity, but that usually includes a tightness in the chest and coughing.

Don't give up! There are lots of companies out there that you could try to see if you have the same symptoms with them.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just make sure they are using USP grade.
Kosher means fuck all unless it is for religious reasons.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Just make sure they are using USP grade.
Kosher means fuck all unless it is for religious reasons.
There are two types of Kosher... religious and food grade... I'm referring to food grade ;)

Yeah, never heard the term USP before (live in Finland), but admittedly I'm still a noob and there's much to learn. The base has received pretty positive reviews so that's at least a good sign.

The flavors I've used so far are:
-TFA Graham cracker
- Capella Greek yogurt
- Capella Raspberry
- Molinberry Palm coconut
- Vampirevape Pinkman

Writing these up here as well, incase someone has been sensitive to them.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, never heard the term USP before (live in Finland), but admittedly I'm still a noob and there's much to learn. The base has received pretty positive reviews so that's at least a good sign.

The flavors I've used so far are:
-TFA Graham cracker
- Capella Greek yogurt
- Capella Raspberry
- Molinberry Palm coconut
- Vampirevape Pinkman

Writing these up here as well, incase someone has been sensitive to them.
Now your approach makes sense. In Finland you can only buy e liquid at 0%? From May 2017 in the EU all ingredients in e liquid must be listed (the policy comes into force in November 2016) but vendors have until may 2017. No we don't know what is in our e liquid. I live in the UK by the way.

I think you're allowed to buy low% nicotine, but max amount is 10ml or something. Our customs are reading into the laws (they came into effect today) the way that they want to and according to customs, we shouldn't really order anything anymore, though our laws give us time until NYE to stock up on mods and such.

But yes, this is essentially why I'm weaning myself off nicotine with cancer rolls rather than vaping.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile