Become a Patron!

New to vaping: Headaches

Im fairly new to vaping, started with the Juul a little over 2 months ago and I really enjoyed it. A week ago I decided to switch and try out the Renovo Zero because of the lack of pod availability and flavors. I first got the VGod Lush watermelon with 25 mg, I thought that 25 was normal and not high since I didn't do much research. After using it for 2 minutes I get a headache that lasts up to 30 mins. I was confused at first, then after a few searches on the web, I realized that it contained high nicotine and decided to get a 3 mg one of the same juice. After trying it the problem still persisted, so I decided to open my Juul pod and fill it with the 25 mg and try it, to my surprise it wasn't heavy at all, I did not get a headache, it was smooth. My friend has the same comment about the Renova Zero, saying that it is much heavier than the Juul even with the same juice. I tried it on all its settings, nothing seemed to feel right. I like to chain vape with the Juul, but on the Renova it's almost impossible for me. Is there anything I should do or change to improve my experience, I don't want to have to get a new device as I have spent a lot the past 2 months and i'm not quite sure if it's worth it.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
vaping is a big world...there's lots to explore, and even experinced vapers may vape all kinds of different styles of vaping...the best I can offer is jump in at the deep end of the pool. You never know for sure what appeals to you until you try...lots of trial and error in the search for the perfect vape.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Im fairly new to vaping, started with the Juul a little over 2 months ago and I really enjoyed it. A week ago I decided to switch and try out the Renovo Zero because of the lack of pod availability and flavors. I first got the VGod Lush watermelon with 25 mg, I thought that 25 was normal and not high since I didn't do much research. After using it for 2 minutes I get a headache that lasts up to 30 mins. I was confused at first, then after a few searches on the web, I realized that it contained high nicotine and decided to get a 3 mg one of the same juice. After trying it the problem still persisted, so I decided to open my Juul pod and fill it with the 25 mg and try it, to my surprise it wasn't heavy at all, I did not get a headache, it was smooth. My friend has the same comment about the Renova Zero, saying that it is much heavier than the Juul even with the same juice. I tried it on all its settings, nothing seemed to feel right. I like to chain vape with the Juul, but on the Renova it's almost impossible for me. Is there anything I should do or change to improve my experience, I don't want to have to get a new device as I have spent a lot the past 2 months and i'm not quite sure if it's worth it.
I won't talk in circles like the reply above this.

Are you aware that the Zero has different power settings?
Your Juul puts out an estimated 8 watts, the Zero can put out 12W which may explain why you find the vape smoother in the Juul with the same juice. Have you lowered the power setting on the Renova Zero?

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I won't talk in circles like the reply above this.

Your Juul puts out an estimated 8 watts, the Zero can put out 12W which may explain why you find the vape smoother in the Juul with the same juice. Have you lowered the power setting on the Renova Zero?
are you always a cunt or are you still butt hurt over the bitch slapping I gave you on the other thread.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
are you always a cunt or are you still butt hurt over the bitch slapping I gave you on the other thread.
There was no bitch slapping, your reply to this thread was useless. How does anything you said help the new member? Just more talking out of your ass as per usual.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

BUMP!

Seems like decent advice.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Different mods and cartridges or tanks can make your e-juice taste different or burn differently, and I discovered that when I went from a 3 to a 6 nicotine when I was out of town, even though I had smoked 6 nicotine before, it gave me headaches within a couple of minutes of starting to vape, and I had to take the other flavors back and switch them for a three, even though I normally used a six some of the time.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I first got the VGod Lush watermelon with 25 mg, I thought that 25 was normal and not high since I didn't do much research. After using it for 2 minutes I get a headache that lasts up to 30 mins. I was confused at first, then after a few searches on the web, I realized that it contained high nicotine and decided to get a 3 mg one of the same juice.

Yes, 25 mg nicotine per 1 ml of juice is considered the low end of high. Been using 18 mg nicotine per 1 ml of juice myself for roughly the five years or so I've been vaping. I have trouble with time, cognition, memory so I'm saying a rough five years it may be more or less. :) At any rate, been using the same strength the whole time.

After trying it the problem still persisted, so I decided to open my Juul pod and fill it with the 25 mg and try it, to my surprise it wasn't heavy at all, I did not get a headache, it was smooth.

Don't get angry at this next suggestion. You can rinse out, wash out your Juul pods apparently. Go buy what juice you want, empty and clean a pod, put the juice you want in. If it is a device that works for you then stick to it. However you vape that works for you is the right way to vape for you. Don't let anybody tell you anything different. That's not to say a little advice might be helpful. Use your own good judgment though.

You've demonstrated you're capable of thinking for yourself by what you did here. I think you'll do alright. As to the headaches, yes, it was likely from nicotine. I would still look into lowering your nicotine strength. You might try 12 mg per 1 ml of juice. I use the 18 mg constantly due to my physiology being weird. That and after 35 years of tobacco use I'm a dependent on nicotine. Yes, I reckon you could say I'm an addict. It's more technically correct to saying I'm dependent, physically, psychologically.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
To much nicotine. 25mg is about a 2 pack a day smoking habit level. 12 to 18mg should be lots. I would suggest 12mg if you chain vape.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Yes, 25 mg nicotine per 1 ml of juice is considered the low end of high. Been using 18 mg nicotine per 1 ml of juice myself for roughly the five years or so I've been vaping. I have trouble with time, cognition, memory so I'm saying a rough five years it may be more or less. :) At any rate, been using the same strength the whole time.

Don't get angry at this next suggestion. You can rinse out, wash out your Juul pods apparently. Go buy what juice you want, empty and clean a pod, put the juice you want in. If it is a device that works for you then stick to it. However you vape that works for you is the right way to vape for you. Don't let anybody tell you anything different. That's not to say a little advice might be helpful. Use your own good judgment though.

You've demonstrated you're capable of thinking for yourself by what you did here. I think you'll do alright. As to the headaches, yes, it was likely from nicotine. I would still look into lowering your nicotine strength. You might try 12 mg per 1 ml of juice. I use the 18 mg constantly due to my physiology being weird. That and after 35 years of tobacco use I'm a dependent on nicotine. Yes, I reckon you could say I'm an addict. It's more technically correct to saying I'm dependent, physically, psychologically.
Ive started making my own DIY ejuice, I D2L vape, usually on a RDA or RDTA at 3mg/ml. I've started mixing at 2mg/ml to cut back even more on nicotine. I know my vaping will likely increase for awhile but then return to normal. In another 6 months, I'll try 1mg/ml.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

I believe @Theboss 's reply was right on the money. I would make sure the voltage is set the same on the new device as on the juul, & see if that helps..if not maybe the tank or coils are heating differently (I'm not informed about those devices), but maybe the ohm of coils or other differences could be adjusted to fix your problem.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ive started making my own DIY ejuice, I D2L vape, usually on a RDA or RDTA at 3mg/ml. I've started mixing at 2mg/ml to cut back even more on nicotine. I know my vaping will likely increase for awhile but then return to normal. In another 6 months, I'll try 1mg/ml.

I am sincerely & genuinely happy that way works for you brother. :) Not sure it would work on my end though. Temptation for me seems a very nasty dog. If I can use the 18 mg and got it or 100 mg base to make it with, you'd lose the bank gambling I won't use 18 mg. Yes, I know it comes to having resolute will power & self discipline. I stay resolute and discipline with enough other stuff in life though.

About half tempted to end up in Nitro, WV having a nasty but polite discussion with some folks trying to cheat my wife from ESOP earnings. "This is our lawyer. You can explain to him/her how there's suddenly an eleven thousand dollar discrepancy going on here. By the way our lawyer's name is Bull D. Ozer. Have fun."

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am sincerely & genuinely happy that way works for you brother. :) Not sure it would work on my end though. Temptation for me seems a very nasty dog. If I can use the 18 mg and got it or 100 mg base to make it with, you'd lose the bank gambling I won't use 18 mg. Yes, I know it comes to having resolute will power & self discipline. I stay resolute and discipline with enough other stuff in life though.

About half tempted to end up in Nitro, WV having a nasty but polite discussion with some folks trying to cheat my wife from ESOP earnings. "This is our lawyer. You can explain to him/her how there's suddenly an eleven thousand dollar discrepancy going on here. By the way our lawyer's name is Bull D. Ozer. Have fun."
Had a lawyer try to screw me during a custody case years ago. And I was paying the guy:facepalm:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Had a lawyer try to screw me during a custody case years ago. And I was paying the guy:facepalm:

That's why I'd rent a Bull-D-ozer instead. Just go level their place of business, get the mad out, walk away and be done. Sure they can sue for damages. Be damn lucky if I can afford a two hour rent of a dozer so nothing for them to take.

Had a lawyer helping me to get through the disability claim process. That resulted in me not being on disability yet having a list of "things you can't do" as long as my my arms end to end. ultimately the hearing "authority" suggested I look for an entry level custodian job. "There's plenty of these jobs available to you in your area."

Their notion of "my area" consists of VA, TN, KY, WV, PA, OH and another two or three states. And even then I wasn't supposed to be "allowed" to mix up cleaning chemicals, get on ladders, run equipment. So, sure go apply in a field that has 200+ waiting for any job open and mention all these restrictions an employer will need to accommodate. Right, can see that happening and then being stuck in dead end with hopes that one day, twenty to thirty years later I get the key to the supply closet, maybe?

And no I'm not exactly belittling janitorial work. I have done it before in working at fast food places, working on farms, patient care. It is a noble thing to go around cleaning up. Factually though, that's all there is to that occupation though. Once you learn the basics, well there you are at mastery and it becomes a matter of punch the clock, go through motions.

Not that I exactly want anything lofty, glamorous, high stress. I would though like to think there could be some challenges, something that held value to me and not just the nobleness of keeping stuff clean. Any **** sapien (human not gay bashing as the hard coded software probably read the word h o m o) can clean, it simply means moving dirt from one place to another.

I know that still may read as belittling. Not meaning it that way despite how it reads, The words though are being restrictive and making it seem I'm doing what I'm not. The words give me an "attitude" which I'm not trying to inject into it because I don't have an attitude.

Hell, I'm no where too proud to clean. I wash our dishes and clean our house here, will wash and clean our home proper when we get to it. I have done laundry, will do laundry. I clean our toilets, mop. So no, I have no attitude about cleaning. It is simply that which needs done, gets done, and to me is snooze work (again not meant as attitude).

I also curse the damn anhedonia. I just don't find much that doesn't get to be snooze work after a little. Writing is being a pain in the ass because I see the flaws of words. They cannot accurately describe emotion, relay feeling, observation. And then too, I go too far in them and within my own skull. It becomes a challenge alright but not in the sense that I was aiming. It becomes a "why the fuck bother" challenge. There's no bringing meaning to absurdity. Like lawyers that allegedly help you but ended up screwing you over.

Yeah, a bulldozer does seem like a good choice. :)

ETA: To clarify my desire to go level a place of business with a bulldozer, though a real desire, remains and will remain only that, a desire. One can still express a desire, thought, feeling freely. I'm not naming the business specifically although I'm sure plenty could make a well educated guess. I am not expressing my feelings as a form of threat, idle or otherwise. I am simply expressing my feelings. I am frustrated that it seems a company is trying to dick over my wife's Employee Stock earnings.

We were both looking forward to possibly using that as down payment money for a home of a modest $30 - $50,000 on a fair mortgage rate either via Agricultural rural development, or FHA. Considering her ESOP would have given her access to a little over $20,000 at least up until a recent audit whereby they come up with an $11,000 discrepancy not to her favor but theirs, think I'm within rights to be frustrated at the least. I'm her fucking husband, I hate, yes actually hate when others fuck with her this way. It leaves my hands tied to honor a promise I made to her grandfather. I'll love her be sure she isn't hurt.

I am her consort as was such men in days of old. The home is hers, I'm merely a shadow to her.

So being clear and honest, yes I'm expressing that above because keeping it contained does me no good. Likely does no good expressing it either but at least it's honest and open. Sure, I got a desire of it but that does not mean I'll act upon that desire. I had a desire to kill someone once, walked away from that too. I know a lot better, am a lot better than that. So, apologies if you actually understood that's what I was doing, venting, and had to suffer this explanation.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If I can use the 18 mg and got it or 100 mg base to make it with, you'd lose the bank gambling I won't use 18 mg.

A long time ago I was slowly lowering my nicotine and was at 1.5MG for a short, very short time. I found that it was just not satisfying and basically said why am I even vaping? So went back up to my regular 3MG and sometimes add a pinch more when making my DIY e-Liquids. 4MG or more and for those times like a Giants Game I mix up some 24MG. Whatever works for you works, so I will never say you must use Nicotine because I do.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

The headache sounds like you could be “nic sick” from too much nicotine. Can you get lower mg juice, or do you have any? Anyway, drink lots of water and lay down till it goes away. Be aware now that using the new pod can mess you up with high mg salt. You just have to cut the dose a little.

Maybe get some other juice at 3mg and maybe 6-12mg and see how it goes in the Zero. Also, try not to chain vape since you’ll get sick. And try not to inhale so deep, please. I know, a lot of donts but it will help you.

Did you want to try a sub ohm tank and mod, by any chance?

Ignore the boys fighting, not sure what’s up with them.

Sent from my iPad using the internet

Last edited:
Reactions: dez

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
pulse, i wish you wouldn't use the c word.
it's offensive to some of us.
there are plenty of other cuss words around.

At least he’s using the C-word to another guy. Which is the right way to use it. Thinking positive and all.

Reactions: dez

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Whatever works for you works, so I will never say you must use Nicotine because I do.

Much in the same boat philosophically here. If folks want vape at 0 mg nicotine, hey great go for it! If they want to hammer back 50 mg nicotine, hey great go for it!

I am being honest with myself regarding my nicotine use. I didn't quit smoking to quit using nicotine. Yes, there are still health risks associated with nicotine use. Yes, I'm aware of that. I'm aware that perhaps it would behoove me to cease nicotine use.

Do I feel like stopping nicotine use? No I don't for much the same reason that I still use caffeine, sugar and still eat possibly more carbohydrates than I should. I have one life. It is a life for me to live best I see fit, not for Joe Blow to force his way of living unto me. I know how it feels having folks force their way unto you. That's why I try to avoid making any statements that might even seem to force my way on anyone else.

I'm not an abuser, except maybe in the case of abusing my masochistic self. I figure with the medical crap I got wrong from birth I'm pretty well a guinea pig anyway at times, may as well at least enjoy my living.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yup, originally from 5 towns. Live on the north shore now. yourself?

That is so strange! I’m living in Queens. (Bleh) You moved away from the South Shore?!! J/K Nice meeting you here over vaping and CBD.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Much in the same boat philosophically here. If folks want vape at 0 mg nicotine, hey great go for it! If they want to hammer back 50 mg nicotine, hey great go for it!

I am being honest with myself regarding my nicotine use. I didn't quit smoking to quit using nicotine. Yes, there are still health risks associated with nicotine use. Yes, I'm aware of that. I'm aware that perhaps it would behoove me to cease nicotine use.

Do I feel like stopping nicotine use? No I don't for much the same reason that I still use caffeine, sugar and still eat possibly more carbohydrates than I should. I have one life. It is a life for me to live best I see fit, not for Joe Blow to force his way of living unto me. I know how it feels having folks force their way unto you. That's why I try to avoid making any statements that might even seem to force my way on anyone else.

I'm not an abuser, except maybe in the case of abusing my masochistic self. I figure with the medical crap I got wrong from birth I'm pretty well a guinea pig anyway at times, may as well at least enjoy my living.

I only got nic and coffee left, not a whole hell of a lot there!! Lol
I’m not kicking nicotine now, I just quit smoking a few months ago. My cold dead hand and all that rot.

Not sure if CBD would help you. It relaxes muscles but you kinda have to get strong tincture or something. Regular herbs like a combo of red clover, hops, chamomile, skullcap mixed into a tea might be better for sleep, relaxing etc. Just skullcap is good too.

516_vaper_li

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is so strange! I’m living in Queens. (Bleh) You moved away from the South Shore?!! J/K Nice meeting you here over vaping and CBD.

Lived in the 5 towns growing up, Hewlett actually. I work in queens now. Where in the 5 towns are you?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Lived in the 5 towns growing up, Hewlett actually. I work in queens now. Where in the 5 towns are you?

I grew up in N.Woodmere. Sheesh, we could have been neighbors. I live in Queens now. Are you following me? Lol

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not sure if CBD would help you. It relaxes muscles but you kinda have to get strong tincture or something. Regular herbs like a combo of red clover, hops, chamomile, skullcap mixed into a tea might be better for sleep, relaxing etc. Just skullcap is good too.

The CBD does help me. Know it might seem odd it does, though if you've been around that subculture it may not. it helps freeze the anxiety and panic attacks. Something to it too that lets me shut off the more negative aspects of the "internal editor", the voices saying I won't amount to [choose expletive] and such. It also lets me have better focus.

Yes, skullcap iirc was used by Roman soldiers prior to battle, It nullifies pain and gives you this psychotropic effect which is but isn't exactly narcotic. Not sure I could find it growing wild here local and if so, what's the risk it's not been poisoned or otherwise fouled over by folks. Know I can find "Jew's Ear" mushroom growing local, some elder, blackthorn, colt's foot, yarrow, nettle, plantain.

Not confident enough to go deep wood hunting of mushrooms. That's one of those things I had hoped one day my Pap would have taught me, unfortunately, well. Yes, I've studied somewhat in herbology, would love to do so more and know I'm no know it all, never will be. Know enough to keep me going safely as long as i need but not sure i'd do so well as an apothecary.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You haven't been around long enough to recognize the ANTZ Plants when we see them. People like this probably never vaped but are sitting at a computer smoking.

*sniff, sniff, sneezes* Damn fed-er-alis! *shakes head launching drool and yuck everywhere* One o' these days I'm going to create a pop up dummy script for forums. It'll use something like this but only it'll come from the user's shell and pop up a fake user to use as sock puppet to draw off these idjits. There's a program under the N*xes to do it already, just need to python script it maybe. dunno, not really bothered looking to do it. But, never can tell ...

And I know damn well they already do it as part of counter lintel, forensics, surveillance. How do I know? Well, I'm not exactly the brightest bulb in the box but it don't take but bubble gum to see the stuff they do, figure it out. Lots of times I just smile, wave back, sometime I might offer a one fingered hello but most often not. No excuse, give them do I. Not worth them getting that satisfaction, enough I count coupe on them. "Oh hi guys, I see you. i know what you do. Bet i could tell you what skivies you're wearing too. Have a good 'un :) "

See, I'm "easy" like that. About half mastered the art of don't give a ...

"Hush, it's the best part of the movie. Now, when he goes to shoot Old Yeller, you can be loud and wake the baby. I don't wanna hear or see that again."

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The CBD does help me. Know it might seem odd it does, though if you've been around that subculture it may not. it helps freeze the anxiety and panic attacks. Something to it too that lets me shut off the more negative aspects of the "internal editor", the voices saying I won't amount to [choose expletive] and such. It also lets me have better focus.

Yes, skullcap iirc was used by Roman soldiers prior to battle, It nullifies pain and gives you this psychotropic effect which is but isn't exactly narcotic. Not sure I could find it growing wild here local and if so, what's the risk it's not been poisoned or otherwise fouled over by folks. Know I can find "Jew's Ear" mushroom growing local, some elder, blackthorn, colt's foot, yarrow, nettle, plantain.

Not confident enough to go deep wood hunting of mushrooms. That's one of those things I had hoped one day my Pap would have taught me, unfortunately, well. Yes, I've studied somewhat in herbology, would love to do so more and know I'm no know it all, never will be. Know enough to keep me going safely as long as i need but not sure i'd do so well as an apothecary.

I also won’t use herbs/plants from wild areas because of the risk of pesticides. I used to want to be a crazy apothecary but buying online is too expensive. lol

Didn’t know Roman soldiers used skullcap before battle. It’s been good for us adding it to other herbs in tea.

My dh didn’t believe herbs worked when I started using them. I told him that I bet I could knock him out with a cup of tea. I made him a cup of just an infusion of the ones I mentioned with a bit of European mistletoe added. It worked and he was amazed. lol He loves telling ppl that story.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Didn’t know Roman soldiers used skullcap before battle. It’s been good for us adding it to other herbs in tea.

Yeah, fairly sure I'm recalling that right. Of course, in all seriousness I might in fact be recalling incorrectly. I do know for sure lots of the roman soldiers practiced Mithraism, or the religion of Mithra. Many were also garden variety Pagani our modern Pagan, which roughly transliterated out means "people from the hills". It was a slur used by the Holy Roman Catholic Church against poor uneducated folks, the the Church in fact kept uneducated. The same Church that killed cats during the Black Death simply because they superstitiously believed cats were from Satan.

Had the cats been let live, the rats carrying fleas which were the prime carrier of Bubonic plague, would have been killed quicker and those possibly limited the severity of the Black Death. Go, go you mighty Pax Romana (the doctrine, which is denied, of the Holy Roman Catholic Church to convert all mankind to Holy Roman Catholicism. Most historical sources say it was simply the time of Roman Peace. That is true but only half the picture.)!

Other religions are just as bad in desire for global conquest, I am not denying that. I condone none of them and remain a simple Apathetic Agnostic. I can not honestly tell you there is a god, nor honestly tell you there's not. I don't care too much either way. I got more important stuff to think about. For example, how many ways to start a fire I can learn ultimately. So far I'm up to about six that I feel confident in doing. Nope, no matches or lighters. :) Another thing is how to form bricks and tiles from clay, termite mounds and the clay fire "oven" I built up. Weaving up fish traps from vines is also something worth while.

Today though I need to vacuum at least the one bedroom/office. My woman left the galley a mess for me this morning. The sweet baklava she made though was worth dealing with her mess. :) She had to make the dough from scratch. Ah, need to ask her to pick up garbage bags. Yep, stay busy. hopefully she'll let us rent out a month of WWE network and we can watch Alister Black vs. Cesaro. We both agree if that's not scripted too heavily that ought be a decent fight.

VU Sponsors