Become a Patron!

New to vape need suggestions

Hi so I just started vaping about a week ago just using some old basic setup my mom had with a disposable tank and a pen battery. I have a 30mg nicotine tropicAL flavor and it's really just not hitting hard enough for me still I find myself wanting another hit every minute or so.. basically I just needs some ideas for what to get like a box or something... I'd prefer something lower maintenance and that won't over heat quickly like if I just wanted to blow clouds for a few seconds. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated thank you!

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How much did you smoke? 30mg nic is very high!

For a very simple starter I'd maybe go for an MVP2 or something... they should be relativley cheap these days. Perhaps look at some subtanks. From what I remember though MVP2's wont let you sub ohm (below one ohm). My first relativley satisfying setup was an MVP2 and an aspire nautilus but that was about a year ago!

Otherwise perhaps looking into some drippers/RDA's (such as a derringer/hobo/magma/tugboat) and a regulated box mod (such as an IPV) . This will come with some steep learning curves though so if you go this route be careful and be sure to read up on safety issues - there are loads of vids on youtube walking you through all this stuff. This route also requires much more tinkering!

I found vaping became quite an expensive habit very quickly. I'm pretty sure it's more addictive than smoking! There is always a better setup! haha!

How much did you smoke? 30mg nic is very high!

For a very simple starter I'd maybe go for an MVP2 or something... they should be relativley cheap these days. Perhaps look at some subtanks. From what I remember though MVP2's wont let you sub ohm (below one ohm). My first relativley satisfying setup was an MVP2 and an aspire nautilus but that was about a year ago!

Otherwise perhaps looking into some drippers/RDA's (such as a derringer/hobo/magma/tugboat) and a regulated box mod (such as an IPV) . This will come with some steep learning curves though so if you go this route be careful and be sure to read up on safety issues - there are loads of vids on youtube walking you through all this stuff. This route also requires much more tinkering!

I found vaping became quite an expensive habit very quickly. I'm pretty sure it's more addictive than smoking! There is always a better setup! haha!

Lol I actually never smoked just dipped snuff A LOT and needed something a little easier on the body and I'll definitely look into that mvp2 not trying to spend butt loads of money lol. Also so basically lower the ohms deeper the hit? I'm haven't exactly keyed in on what the different ohm levels change. Thank you though!

Last edited:

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lol I actually never smoked just dipped snuff A LOT and needed something a little easier on the body and I'll definitely look into that mvp2 not trying to spend butt loads of money lol. Thank you!

No worries - I'd suggest upgrading the tank too, using a device that puts out more power will often require something that can take that power and turn it into vapour (not the burnt wick you may get with the disposable tank). It should be fine to a point but at higher watts it may struggle!

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The MVP 20 watt with the Nautilus tank would be a great starter and probably work for a while. I bet you'll find you need to lower your nic level. I started at 24mg which is considered quite strong and now I'm down to 3mg and 6mg. I've seen the MVP 20 watt for around $30, maybe even less and $15-20 for the Nautilus or Nautilus Mini. The coils are readily available for those as well. Basically any tank with coils between 1ohm and 2 will work with the 20 watt. I run my 1.0 eGrip at about 15-17 watts.

VU Sponsors