Become a Patron!

New to the forum

minealone58

Member For 4 Years
Hello, I just wanted to take a minute or two to introduce myself. I am new to the forum this evening but my vaping experiences are somewhat different.

I'm 58 years old and while I was born in NY I live a good many years overseas in Bermuda. I have two wonderful children who both moved back to NY but due to my health when I returned my husband and I moved to South Carolina. The climate here is much better for me, it's very similar to Bermuda in fact. Sadly when we returned in 2013 my health took a turn for the worse. Three weeks after we arrived, I had a heart attack, I was just 54. Honesty I did not believe them when they told me in the ER that I had a heart attack, I believed I just had a very bad GERD attack after eating out, but the next day I was feeling no better and I was getting very short of breath. My husband, bless his heart, was sure I was making myself over anxious but I decided to call 911 anyway. Now at this point we had no idea where the nearest hospital was, I had no doctor yet and had health insurance outside of Medicare Part B. Luckily the home we purchased was in between 2 sister hospitals, I was taken to the smaller of the two where I was told about the attack. Now I had no pain at all, just shortness of breath.They ran some initial tests that did show I indeed had a heart attack. They pumped me full of blood thinners and all sorts of other meds and kept me overnight in ICU. The next morning I was taken via ambulance to the larger main hospital where they did a cardiac catheterization that showed I had 4 blockages! Who knew!! I had a quadruple bypass & was in hospital just over two weeks. I celebrated my first Thanksgiving back in the US in the hospital.Funny how I had just recently quit smoking almost a year prior to tall of this.

The next few months were very difficult and I spent much of 2014 back and forth in hospital. I have a huge laundry list of medical issues and had been prescribed opiates for many many years. It's only about a month now that I have spoken to my pain management doctor along with the rest of my medical team about not wanting to continue with those types of medications. They have really done a number on me. I started researching the benefits of CBD oil. Since I had vaped a bit when I first quit smoking cigarettes, I still had my vape pen and tried straight CBD oil. It did help me with my anxiety levels but it did not do much for pain. I continued researching until I found that without the oil having a .3% of THC, which is the legal amount we can have in all 50 states, my pain would remain the same. Today I was able to get what I needed from a local company but I had to get a new vape pen. It was suggested to us to try the SMOK VAPE PEN 22. Boy was it a shock to my senses, I was used to my little pen, and this one was crackling all over and the woman at the store set it up but I don't think she saturated the cotton very well at all. Thankfully when I googled this problem I was having I found this forum. I was thrilled to watch a little video that had been posted and took a chance to open the pen up and really saturate with some non nicotine oil I had. It did wonders, I've had a bit of success at last. I'm very grateful for finding this forum even though I know my vaping needs are a bit different than others. I am hoping that the research I have done will help me in the long run and keep the chemicals and poisons from the pills I'd been taking out of my body once & for all.

I'm happy to see that this topic has been opened up for discussion on the forum. Maybe someone else will find the information we can now share helpful. Have a restful day.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome aboard, good to hear your health is improving.....:wave:

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU.

I'm equally glad to see the forum open the topic of CBD up for discussion. At the end of the day a whole lot of folks are using vaping as an alternative form of self medication to get off a product that has thousands of chemicals added to it and a laundry list a mile long of it's adverse effects on humans. A lot of things in life I would rather handle myself without someone else telling me how it needs to be handled or a bunch of government regulations tying my hands.

Keep your chin up and hope your health continues to improve.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi @minealone58 - glad you joined the forum and maybe find the answers about different Vaping devices you need that are Wattage control for your CBD oils! I vape eliquids and not sure if you can use those made for eliquids with CBD oils?
Maybe others here have suggestions for you on what device to use!
I am sorry to read about your health and hope you can find the relief you are looking for!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU. We're glad you joined up.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the VU. Glad your health is improving.

minealone58

Member For 4 Years
Hi minealone58 , Glad you are recovering from the heart attack, you were certainly lucky, What part of NY?
Welcome:wave:

Thanks so much for your kind words. I was born in Brooklyn but we moved to Long Island when I was around 8. We lived in N Bellmore & then N Merrick. My son now lives in Huntington & my daughter is in East Meadow.

minealone58

Member For 4 Years
Hi @minealone58 - glad you joined the forum and maybe find the answers about different Vaping devices you need that are Wattage control for your CBD oils! I vape eliquids and not sure if you can use those made for eliquids with CBD oils?
Maybe others here have suggestions for you on what device to use!
I am sorry to read about your health and hope you can find the relief you are looking for!

Hello again, I've been working with the Smok Vape Pen 22, and I think I've got it going a bit better than before but it still seems a little too hot. I was looking at the KangaTech Top Box Nano, it has a temp control so I'm thinking that may be what I need. I'll give this one a bit longer before I buy another though. ;)

minealone58

Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU.

I'm equally glad to see the forum open the topic of CBD up for discussion. At the end of the day a whole lot of folks are using vaping as an alternative form of self medication to get off a product that has thousands of chemicals added to it and a laundry list a mile long of it's adverse effects on humans. A lot of things in life I would rather handle myself without someone else telling me how it needs to be handled or a bunch of government regulations tying my hands.

Keep your chin up and hope your health continues to improve.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I agree with you and I would love to be able to take charge but I don't think my insurance company would be too happy. It's bad enough they feel I need a "health coach" to call me every month, like the team of doctors I work with aren't enough. I tell them every time they call that it's useless, I'm not going to add another cook to the broth so to speak. I have enough people yammering at me...lol. :bliss:

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello again, I've been working with the Smok Vape Pen 22, and I think I've got it going a bit better than before but it still seems a little too hot. I was looking at the KangaTech Top Box Nano, it has a temp control so I'm thinking that may be what I need. I'll give this one a bit longer before I buy another though. ;)

Like Snapdragon I'm not sure about your Pen 22 with CBD oils. i have the Smoke V8 Baby Stick and the V8 Stick. A couple of days ago I changed coils in both of them when I got home from work. I had been vaping a 50/50 VG/PG banana cream pie in the V8 Stick, and a 50/50 creamy cinnamon coconut in the V8 Baby. The coils were getting week and frankly I was getting a little num to the flavors. Both rigs came with .15 coils installed and .25s for spares which I installed in both instead of using some of the .15s i bought for spares.

My wife had picked up some chocolate milk 75/25 VG/Pg that I has mixing about 2 parts to 1 part of the banana cream pie. This afternoon I mixed them half and half. Not shure what happened at that ratio it was hitting hotter with a lot stronger throat hit. I added a little more of the 75/25 to the blend to get it back in the 2 to 1 ball park and it leveled back out. I'm guessing the .25 coils like the thicker liquid a bit better.

I'll be going back to the lighter coils in the morning when I get home.

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome to the underground :)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator