Become a Patron!

New to mechs and my head is spinning looking for reccomendations

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy shit my head is spinning. I picked up a Praxis tube mod in a mystery bag at my local shop over the weekend. I've been reading, reading, reading more, watching videos, playing with steam engine, building, and vaping on this thing. I'd previously had no interest in mechs, but now I really see the appeal. The vape is so different that on a regulated and I like it. While the Praxis is nice, it's a pain in the ass to change the battery and while I like the size it's only 22mm and I have no RDA's under 24mm. While they work they look funky. So i'll likely sell this this one to a guy at the shop who really wants it and get me something else. Currently looking at the Tsunmai mech kit. Any other recommendations?

HendrixVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Holy shit my head is spinning. I picked up a Praxis tube mod in a mystery bag at my local shop over the weekend. I've been reading, reading, reading more, watching videos, playing with steam engine, building, and vaping on this thing. I'd previously had no interest in mechs, but now I really see the appeal. The vape is so different that on a regulated and I like it. While the Praxis is nice, it's a pain in the ass to change the battery and while I like the size it's only 22mm and I have no RDA's under 24mm. While they work they look funky. So i'll likely sell this this one to a guy at the shop who really wants it and get me something else. Currently looking at the Tsunmai mech kit. Any other recommendations?
My personal favorite would be a V3Tronix Flip mod, but make sure you get an authentic, the connections and fire button is butter smooth on it, or better yet my favorite of all mechs is a tugboat dual battery mod, to me nothing feels better than a fire button the side of a dual unregulated mod. This is just my 2 cents, there may be others out as obviously I haven't used every mod. When your looking you should have a mod with a sturdy fire-lock mechanism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For a first mech, the Tsunami kit WITH THE 510 PIN INSTALLED is a fair one. I wish it locked.

The King V2 is very nice, IMO, but it's 22, also... it features a 510, recessed switch, and a switch lock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would help. $100 US.

You seem to be after a tube mod. However, if you went for a box mod, for $100, if I were you I'd go for a Geekvape Mech Pro with a Vandy Vape Pulse 22 RDA. The Geekvape Mech Pro is one of the best purchases I made recently, and the Pulse 22 is quite the little cloud devil despite it's diminutive size.

$50 for the mod, $25 for the dripper, $10 for a pair of Samsung 25Rs, $5 for 10 feet of Kanthal wire, $5 for a packet of cotton bacon, and $5 for a bottle of juice brings you exactly to $100 :)

EDIT: well, and $5 for a tube of superglue, because you'll have to glue the magnets back onto the mod eventually - that's its only drawback.

Last edited:

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For a tube mod, I'd go for a Singray clone or a Calvert clone. Both are great mods, and the clones are better made than the originals, for pennies on the dollar.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know it's $125, but the best value for money in the tube mech universe right now is the Vaperz Cloud XXX (or 11:11 if you prefer the different look), but be sure to grab an authentic one, and grab one that has the newer "Comp-S" switch (instead of the older "VC Tech" switch). The machining is excellent and the "beauty ring" idea is absolutely brilliant, the Comp-S switch has a very comfortable throw, there is no misfiring, no arcing, and it hits really hard, AND the iJoy 20700 battery is a gem because it is 30A CDR and 3000 mAh so this is The Cadillac Of Tube Mechs.

Here's my Limited Edition XXX:

XXX Limited Ed.jpg

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You seem to be after a tube mod. However, if you went for a box mod, for $100, if I were you I'd go for a Geevape Mech Pro with a Vandy Vape Pulse 22 RDA. The Geekvape Mech Pro is one of the best purchases I made recently, and the Pulse 22 is quite the little cloud devil despite it's diminutive size.

$50 for the mod, $25 for the dripper, $10 for a pair of Samsung 25Rs, $5 for 10 feet of Kanthal wire, $5 for a packet of cotton bacon, and $5 for a bottle of juice brings you exactly to $100 :)

EDIT: well, and $5 for a tube of superglue, because you'll have to glue the magnets back onto the mod eventually - that's its only drawback.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into those. The pulse 22 is on my list of wants anyway. IT wuld work well on the Praxis I already have. No real reason other than being intrigued by them but for now I'd like to stick to a tube. I would also like to stay with a 24mm as I aleady have 3 RDAs that will work. The geekvape tube appeals to be because it has the ability to be a hybrid or traditional. DOn't really care that the tsunami RDA comes with it as I already have one of those and while it's a nice RDA I tend to overdrip so I try to stay away from bottom air flow.

VU Sponsors