Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
FullSizeRender_116.jpg

So aside from a dual parallel series box, I think a sqounker was my last type of mod I'd yet to explore. I've wanted a sqounker for years, just have never really found the one that suits my needs, and isn't a mortgage to pay for, lol. Well, I'd been considering this guy since it came out. They're tough to find, and prices have kinda gone up, but I am now in contact about potentially bringing some of these in to my site.

I will say it has it's quirks, but i'd expect that from most any sqounker. I'm still using the stock RDA, I've been able to get pretty damn good flavor out of it, not the best though. I have a Peerless RDA with some nice King Coils in it, and don't wanna un-mount them, but I need to switch the bottom feed pin over to it, and see how it vapes in squonk mode. I know people hate on the Subdrip, but again, a tad bit of tinkering and I'm enjoying it...

Anyone else have any extended experience with these? I got the Rose Gold, and it's not as bad as the silver, but you do need to use care inserting and taking out batteries. I do that anyway, but some have had issues with the silver. I won't carry that one. I just would love to know how these have held up? I was gonna wait and grab a drone, but price wise, and with the issues some are having, this was a no brainer for my first squonker.

I see a few "issues" so far, and they're IMO quirks of the mod you just have to deal with. It doesn't alway ask for a new coil. I've found that holding fire until check atomizer appears, then screwing down your atty and pressing fire prior to the screen turning off, It updates resistance. It definitely is a tad buggy, though. The build quality seems solid, though the battery door has me paying attention to potential wear. Also, I think the edges on the metal ones near the bottle may be scratching them. Other interesting thing is that at 1 bar on battery level I'm yet to meter them below 3.6V. It hasn't cut power at all, and the chip does shine for power ( can't speak for TC yet). I suppose that leaves plenty of Voltage, so maybe it stays at one bar for a while... I will be testing it to dead today... see where it cuts-off.

So those issues certainly aren't insignificant, but I'm loving this thing. Using the stock RDA no less. Since I found a workaround, I like these enough that I may bring them in.

Anybody with long term experience with these? And would there be interest? If that question is against the rules in this thread, my apologies, I feel it's on topic but understand if I need to remove any mention of potentially carrying these. Basically, If people are interested I'm gonna grab some, probably no matter what. I just would love to know long term.

I've wanted a squonker for so long and this thing is great when you get around the quirks. I'm freaking draining juice like a beast, though.

Squonkers really are kinda bonkers... If I could get a series PWM sqounker... My god I'd be a happy man.

I need to try more RDA's with this too. I've been reading suggestions, I snapped the squonk pin on my LowPro, so All I have is the Sub Drip and the Peerless. I may grab some Goon Squonk Pins, and an LP since it has one.

Overall, if you vape in power, and pay attention when switching attys, it certainly isn't without it's quirks. However, i couldn't be happier for the money to get into a pretty well designed squonker. I recommend it. If there's interest I'll bring some in, and I may no matter what.

Thanks for advance for any opinions. I'm so glad I grabbed a sqounker finally, but I can see this being just another rabbit hole to dive into... I love vaping, but damn I love gear... Never content, LOL.

I've never really been a big Kanger fan... But the price for what you get here is just a great intro to squonkers, though I may be missing out on even better. The last Kanger stuff I had were Evods, LOL. This thing though. Even if it doesn't last forever... I dig it.

Opinions? And RDA's? I have read, but if theres a thread to point me to, please do so. Don't wanna make people type stuff over again.

:)

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Dripbox 160 and am well pleased with it.
TC is pretty good. I use SS316L in mine on TC.
Had it since the first of this year and no problems yet.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have a Dripbox 160 and am well pleased with it.
TC is pretty good. I use SS316L in mine on TC.
Had it since the first of this year and no problems yet.
Good to hear! I like the thing. As I said, it has it's quirks, but for the price and what it is it's a pretty solid device, and a good way to get into this world of squonk... LOL. I have to slow boat these from China, but I'm thinking I'm gonna grab some. I want another for myself, lol. Glad you're liking it still!

Have you had any bottle issues? I may file the edges where the bottle touches the device down smooth since they're marking the bottles. Wondering if it's and isolated deal?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to hear! I like the thing. As I said, it has it's quirks, but for the price and what it is it's a pretty solid device, and a good way to get into this world of squonk... LOL. I have to slow boat these from China, but I'm thinking I'm gonna grab some. I want another for myself, lol. Glad you're liking it still!

Have you had any bottle issues? I may file the edges where the bottle touches the device down smooth since they're marking the bottles. Wondering if it's and isolated deal?
Not sure what you are talking about on the bottles.
However you will need to get spares.
My first one started getting hairline cracks and weeping a bit of juice at around 3 months of regular use.

Also a filled bottle fits perfectly in an 18650 battery case.
So for extended out and about I take 1 battery case with 2 bottles of juice and another one with 2 batteries.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh and the Dripbox 160 atty is not bad if you build your own coils and raise them up to where the air slots hits them good.
I use the top holes only on the velocity posts.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Not sure what you are talking about on the bottles.
However you will need to get spares.
My first one started getting hairline cracks and weeping a bit of juice at around 3 months of regular use.

Also a filled bottle fits perfectly in an 18650 battery case.
So for extended out and about I take 1 battery case with 2 bottles of juice and another one with 2 batteries.
Thanks for the info. I'm gonna order some bottles here asap. My issue, I believe is because I got the Rose Gold, and mine has some rough edges. So when you squonk, the bottle rubs against them, and its getting a mark in it. I don't know if that explains it. Its digging into it. I just taped the bottle and the edges for now... I'll grab a file.

I used the Bottom Feed on my Peerless, and It's slotted for a flathead, so I was getting some build up on the 510. Not massive, but didn't seem right to me. I've got this stock atty vaping nice. I actually like it.

I need to grab some bottom feed rdas with flat pins... I saw there are some. Seems to make more sense.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you like clouds and open air or a more restricted lung inhale?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A bit of juice in the 510 connector is normal for most all squonkers. Just clean it out with a qtip from time to time.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not yet been persuaded to attain a Kanger 160 Dripbox. For no more than I seem to vape, seeing clear to upgrade to dual battery squonking is difficult. I only seem to consume roughly 2-4 ml of juice per day. Well, run 'er slow.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@The Cromwell @JuicyLucy Thanks for the info... I was kinda assuming some build up on the 510 was normal... considering almost all squonk pins seem flathead slotted. I do like the looks of the Chalice iii, would be a nice stealthy flavor atty I'm thinking, and its 510 is flat like the stock atty. I saw a couple others. I'm likely gonna have to buy a couple clones to test, I can convert a Goon, and I love the LP, so I may open one up FOR ME!!! LOL.

@GBusafvet95 I tend to get wordy, and I think I described the box pretty well in my first post. I'll elaborate a bit, and I will say if you can deal with the quirks, I know I'm pleased that I got it. I don't have massive expectations for longevity, but who knows? And, I get to find out if I like squonking before I drop some real cash and enter the Rabbit Hole. For wattage, as confirmed by PBusardo's video, It's within his 10% tolerance, and he says the TC works but is noticeable in it's power fluctuations

Basically, for power, I can vouch for this thing vaping as it should. It's hitting the wattage. The issues I describe regarding attys not updating resistance is the main gripe. I think most people will have only a select few squonk attys, so if it's staying put, no big deal. But, it is annoying to get my bottle filled, screw my atty on, the attach the bottle... only to notice it didn't update resistance... It does work when you do it right, but you shouldn't have to.

It's yet to do it to me when I decrease resistance, It always seems to catch that, but if I put something on that's higher resistance, unless I make damn sure that screen is on, and I press fire until I see check atomizer, it most likely will not update. That's not cool. But, how I see it is that it's detecting a decrease consistently, so if you miss that it didn't update to a higher ohm build, it's just gonna be firing at a lower than it should. Is that really cool for a regulated mod? No. But it's safer than if it were reversed. If this thing was still reading, say .4, and you put on something at .15, if it didn't update the resistance you'd be in some trouble, at least a dry hit if not worse.

I'm debating bringing a handful of these in still... I don't completely know why with its shortcomings. I think it's that I can't put it down. I feel I'd almost have to provide a disclaimer of the issues to sell it in good faith. At the same time, I know there have to be people like me who want the power from 2 batteries, and have always wanted a squonker but never grabbed one. I feel like your two options there are the Drone, and this. For me even, the Dripbox was easier to stomach as a first foray in to squonking. A Drone is an investment if you aren't sure about squonking.

I'm liking it. Vaping some Entourage Vapors Taruto in it now. That stuff is great! I will say I freaking eat through juice with this thing though... I'm kinda a chain vaper when I get going, so tanks drain fast with me, as does this 7ml bottle...

I've had my dripbox 160 for about 6 months now, read a lot of issues with them before like plastic buttons and bottles failing, mine is the zinc alloy version, has metal buttons, fires every time, and I'm still using the same bottle that it came with, looked at the replacement bottle and then put it back in the box haha. I even got 2 month's out of the claptons that came with it haha idk if I got a "newer"version of what I was reading all the issues about but I LOVE this thing, I'm just lookin to get possibly the ijoy limitless rdta cuz I want a tank but I still love to rebuild instead of buying coils

FullSizeRender_116.jpg

So aside from a dual parallel series box, I think a sqounker was my last type of mod I'd yet to explore. I've wanted a sqounker for years, just have never really found the one that suits my needs, and isn't a mortgage to pay for, lol. Well, I'd been considering this guy since it came out. They're tough to find, and prices have kinda gone up, but I am now in contact about potentially bringing some of these in to my site.

I will say it has it's quirks, but i'd expect that from most any sqounker. I'm still using the stock RDA, I've been able to get pretty damn good flavor out of it, not the best though. I have a Peerless RDA with some nice King Coils in it, and don't wanna un-mount them, but I need to switch the bottom feed pin over to it, and see how it vapes in squonk mode. I know people hate on the Subdrip, but again, a tad bit of tinkering and I'm enjoying it...

Anyone else have any extended experience with these? I got the Rose Gold, and it's not as bad as the silver, but you do need to use care inserting and taking out batteries. I do that anyway, but some have had issues with the silver. I won't carry that one. I just would love to know how these have held up? I was gonna wait and grab a drone, but price wise, and with the issues some are having, this was a no brainer for my first squonker.

I see a few "issues" so far, and they're IMO quirks of the mod you just have to deal with. It doesn't alway ask for a new coil. I've found that holding fire until check atomizer appears, then screwing down your atty and pressing fire prior to the screen turning off, It updates resistance. It definitely is a tad buggy, though. The build quality seems solid, though the battery door has me paying attention to potential wear. Also, I think the edges on the metal ones near the bottle may be scratching them. Other interesting thing is that at 1 bar on battery level I'm yet to meter them below 3.6V. It hasn't cut power at all, and the chip does shine for power ( can't speak for TC yet). I suppose that leaves plenty of Voltage, so maybe it stays at one bar for a while... I will be testing it to dead today... see where it cuts-off.

So those issues certainly aren't insignificant, but I'm loving this thing. Using the stock RDA no less. Since I found a workaround, I like these enough that I may bring them in.

Anybody with long term experience with these? And would there be interest? If that question is against the rules in this thread, my apologies, I feel it's on topic but understand if I need to remove any mention of potentially carrying these. Basically, If people are interested I'm gonna grab some, probably no matter what. I just would love to know long term.

I've wanted a squonker for so long and this thing is great when you get around the quirks. I'm freaking draining juice like a beast, though.

Squonkers really are kinda bonkers... If I could get a series PWM sqounker... My god I'd be a happy man.

I need to try more RDA's with this too. I've been reading suggestions, I snapped the squonk pin on my LowPro, so All I have is the Sub Drip and the Peerless. I may grab some Goon Squonk Pins, and an LP since it has one.

Overall, if you vape in power, and pay attention when switching attys, it certainly isn't without it's quirks. However, i couldn't be happier for the money to get into a pretty well designed squonker. I recommend it. If there's interest I'll bring some in, and I may no matter what.

Thanks for advance for any opinions. I'm so glad I grabbed a sqounker finally, but I can see this being just another rabbit hole to dive into... I love vaping, but damn I love gear... Never content, LOL.

I've never really been a big Kanger fan... But the price for what you get here is just a great intro to squonkers, though I may be missing out on even better. The last Kanger stuff I had were Evods, LOL. This thing though. Even if it doesn't last forever... I dig it.

Opinions? And RDA's? I have read, but if theres a thread to point me to, please do so. Don't wanna make people type stuff over again.

I wanted that version so bad but I couldn't find it anywhere so I picked up the zinc "stainless" one barely scratched after 6 months. Before I used it I knocked down any rough edges by the bottle and in the battery housing, saw some people's batteries were getting wraps grated off by the vent holes. No complaints at all now!

I'm loving the 160 and even the atty . I havnt had it for long but I was kinda looking into squonking for awhile. I also like smaller mods but decided on this to try that out as well. I broke the topcap on the atty but had ordered a couple other attys that I wanted. Even as a dripper. The Gaia and the pulse 22 sounded very well thought out. Havnt squonked yet on the Gaia but the pulse 22 works awesome. Ive done temp control to see if it saves on Some juice, ss fused 28 clapton. It works very well but i havnt used it long enough to see if it saves. It should as even in watt mode im only using 30w. I'm already thinking I'll get the smaller 60 to carry around. Also I don't think the 160 is too big at all but I wouldn't want to go any bigger in a mod. Would love a Wraith but I have no fundage for that one yet. Also maybe a Pico squeeze.

Street_hawk666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I replaced the stock rda with the griffin and it's brilliant .. Great device and temp control ss mode never waivers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I replaced the stock rda with the griffin and it's brilliant .. Great device and temp control ss mode never waivers

if you raise the coils up to the top of the posts then the stock atty vapes fairly well.
I use 2 3mm 25 ga SS316 coils in mine working out to .3 - .4.

Street_hawk666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Love the ss control though very rarely jumps out ... I reverted back to an rdta the other say and after an hour had to go back to squonking don't think I'll go back to anything else .. I'm using 24g 317L dual coil 10 wrap at 3mm

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love the ss control though very rarely jumps out ... I reverted back to an rdta the other say and after an hour had to go back to squonking don't think I'll go back to anything else .. I'm using 24g 317L dual coil 10 wrap at 3mm

I do not think mine has ever jumped out of TC.
I do spaced SS316L 25 ga 3mm 10 wrap. It is a build I have found that I like on My Coppervape BF mechs as well.

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently picked up the Dripbox 160 as a starter squonker myself and so far it's been great. I've had it a couple of weeks now and it's worked better than expected. I haven't tried the subdrip rda yet... opted for the Druga instead but will give it a try once the coils get nasty. I hate that all my squonk capable drippers are over 22mm and overhang but the vape I get and the ease of use is well worth it. The battery door on mine doesn't sit flush with the rest of the bottom of the mod so it wobbles back and forth and will be the first place the black paint wears off (anyone else have that issue?). I also have to force a check atomizer warning before it will read resistance correctly on a new coil. Like you said, it has its quirks, and overall it's a great product. Right now I have a .16 build running @ 90 watts and it's kicking ass!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently picked up the Dripbox 160 as a starter squonker myself and so far it's been great. I've had it a couple of weeks now and it's worked better than expected. I haven't tried the subdrip rda yet... opted for the Druga instead but will give it a try once the coils get nasty. I hate that all my squonk capable drippers are over 22mm and overhang but the vape I get and the ease of use is well worth it. The battery door on mine doesn't sit flush with the rest of the bottom of the mod so it wobbles back and forth and will be the first place the black paint wears off (anyone else have that issue?). I also have to force a check atomizer warning before it will read resistance correctly on a new coil. Like you said, it has its quirks, and overall it's a great product. Right now I have a .16 build running @ 90 watts and it's kicking ass!
The RDA that comes with the Dripbox 160 is not horrible.
Put your coils up at the top of the posts and it vapes just as nice to me as my 22mm Goon clone does.
I use 25ga 3mm diameter SS316l coils that work out to around .3 or a bit higher.
I only use the 2 top post holes.
I love how it is nearly impossible to flood out the air holes :)

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The RDA that comes with the Dripbox 160 is not horrible.
Put your coils up at the top of the posts and it vapes just as nice to me as my 22mm Goon clone does.
I use 25ga 3mm diameter SS316l coils that work out to around .3 or a bit higher.
I only use the 2 top post holes.
I love how it is nearly impossible to flood out the air holes :)
Yea the airholes are way up high on the subdrip rda ain't they? The coils pre-installed from kanger are so low there's no way the air can hit them. When I do decide to use it I'll take your advice and pull those suckers up a few mm, then give it a whirl!

Jane808

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
FullSizeRender_116.jpg

The color looks good:D

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea the airholes are way up high on the subdrip rda ain't they? The coils pre-installed from kanger are so low there's no way the air can hit them. When I do decide to use it I'll take your advice and pull those suckers up a few mm, then give it a whirl!

I just used the RDA deck.
Never even tried the factory coils with deck.
Just did not look like they would work very well.

I put the top of my coils even with the top of the RDA deck posts.
Works nice that way.

VU Sponsors