Become a Patron!

New to DIY, looking for suggestions

Cormic

Member For 3 Years
Back story: I started vaping 8 weeks ago. In that time I have learned I don't like to vape fruity flavors very long. After a few hours I want something different. Pies and cakes I can go all day. But if I don't vape a bit of something tobacco like every so often I get an urge to light a cigarette. I also figured out I pay way to much for juice that's really not that great. So after lurking here awhile and reading a bunch of how-to's I decided to try some DIY juice. Got my first order a week ago+ and have been test flavors individually. I'm getting some confidence now and want to start really doing the work to make some juice for myself.

Now after scouring the recipes forum I decided to get the ingredients for the following.
Rocket puppies ry4
Hic's light cigarette replacement
Hic's snicker doodle
Dr Pepper (not sure who to credit)

I also have about 20 tobaccos that I'm going to mix solo to test. But the above seem by description to be a good match for me. The Dr Pepper being the outlier, but it's something else I have to give up so I want to give it a shot.

What I'm looking for is some suggestions for recipes that are hard to screw up for a newb like myself. I plan to make only one more flavor order. ( for at least 6 weeks anyway ) And I know the second I hit the order button I'll find something else that seems a good fit and I really really want to try. So I'm trying to minimize that particular failure by asking first :)

Thank you in advance.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Any of HICs recipes that sound good are simple as it is
visit his website and pay a couple bucks for his really nice ones
You may want to look into NETs which are Naturally Extracted Tobaccos
they are supposedly the best for peopel who want a tobacco flavor i think someone on here makes some for a good price is it @Vash ? I forget someone will chime in

it mighthelp if you tell us if theres anything else that interest you besides tobacco flavor

I love fruit mixes
and use FA mango, peach, apple and pear flavors for 2 of my ADV
SO for fruits I prefer FA, while CAP and TFA and LA all taste like reject dollar store hard candy to me

If you like root beer
DIY Flavor shack has a rootbeer flavor that is perfect as a standalone or you can get their rootbeer float which is good too
if you like chocolate stuff
HICs 3 milky musketteers is another ADV for me

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree you can't go wrong with any of HIC's recipes. HIC has a lot of free recipes here that are just as good as the ones in his store. I once asked & their is no difference in the quality of the juice whether free or paid for. Hic randomly chooses. So have a look here under "DIY" or at "HIC'smixes.com"

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And I know the second I hit the order button I'll find something else that seems a good fit and I really really want to try. :)

After years of intense experimentation trying to find an acceptable cure for that malady, I have found only one with any success. While extremely drastic and not suggested for the weak, the method is to not review any new recipes! :eek: In addition, No new recipe daydreaming is allowed! :eek:

Unfortunately, I count myself among the weak...very weak. :facepalm:

Being also a cheap basta$d, the best I can do is note the flavors I desire and lurk in the darkness waiting to pounce on sales from flavor vendors. Here in the USA, these often occur during many Holidays. Of course, I also utilize any available coupon codes too.

Ron
---
"I'm just like you. I enjoy the forbidden fruits in life, too."- Mike Tyson

VU Sponsors