Become a Patron!

New Tank - old Mod, 0.0 ohms and V

Hey all,

New to the forum....been vaping for about 4 years but still dont know a ton about things to be honest....I've always just had my vape and enjoyed various juices

That being said....the tank / coil on my current mod broke so I had to get a new tank. I picked up a Horizon Falcon tank that came with two coils at the suggestion of the guy at the vape shop I visit for juice. When I put the tank on my mod (Kanger KBox Mini) it seems to work for a second then goes to 0.0 ohms and 0.0 V reading. Tested with both coils but no difference thinking maybe I had a bad coil....

Putting the broken tank (which is still usable but a pain to refill now) back on and the mod works fine...

Did I get a bad tank or am I doing something wrong?

I made sure the 510 pin and threads were clean as well as the threads on the Falcon tank. Screws in with no issue and sits on the mod as tight as my other tank did.....no clue where to go from here...

Thanks for the assistance ahead of time!

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like the resistance of the coils might be too low for the mod. What ohms are the coils listed as?
Or the positive pin in the connector is pushed down and not making good contact.

Welcome to VU btw!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
^^ Definitely sounds like the resistance is too low^^

Thanks for the welcome...
One coil is listed as .15 ohm plus or minus .03
The other is listed as .16 ohm

So if that's the case, I'd need a new mod? If so, any recommendations on something I can get 50-60W out of and not break the bank with it? I cant be too flashy with my stuff as the wife still doesnt know I am vaping, after 4 years....I keep it hidden and do it in my man cave (man garage actually!)

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep. Your mod will only fire down to .3

If you can get .5 coils for that tank, that would be the cheapest option.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Perfect, I can see if I can find those coils.....if not, any recommendations on a mod?

If you are vaping wattage mode you can just pick up anything. Not a lot of innovation presently in the regulated mod market.

VU Sponsors