Become a Patron!

New Study Shows How People Who Vape May Be Making Themselves Sick

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All I know is that since I started vaping about 6 years ago I have only called out sick from work twice! When I smoked I was calling out sick 2 to 3 times a year.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I havent called out from vaping in the last 2.5 years Ive vaped...I have made myself Nic Sic a few times but it didnt stop me from doing my job...

This is people just blaming vaping for calling out from work...maybe its due to them having more money from now buying smokes and they are enjoying that new found money??

After reading this I stopped and decided it wouldnt matter reading further, I can see who's side they are on and what bullshit they believe...
9a910071215a58b5db033473595bb6d9.png

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have had 2 minor bouts of a stomach bug in more than 1 year since I started vaping. Not ONE cold or sinus infection. Never went a year before in my life without at least one bad cold or flu thingy.

there have been at least 4 cold things going around at work in the past year. Virtually everyone besides me got them.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
PG is a Anti Microbial...:)

I regularly used get sinus infections and since I started Vaping I dont have them anymore, or bouts of laryngitis, or daily headaches..

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PG is a Anti Microbial...:)

I regularly used get sinus infections and since I started Vaping I dont have them anymore, or bouts of laryngitis, or daily headaches..
Too much nic is likely for the headache?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Too much nic is likely for the headache?
I used to get them when I was using smokes...I actually believe it was the Ammonia, Styrene, and Nic from the smokes...but Im not a scientist or Dr. so I couldnt be sure. After I stopped smoking I havent had them return but when Im in a room of smokers I can get one pretty easily.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to get them when I was using smokes...I actually believe it was the Ammonia, Styrene, and Nic from the smokes...but Im not a scientist or Dr. so I couldnt be sure. After I stopped smoking I havent had them return but when Im in a room of smokers I can get one pretty easily.
I used to get headaches when I smoked a lot. And when I first started vaping using high nic juice.
Now vape either 3% or 6% at lunch for a quick fix.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I used to get headaches when I smoked a lot. And when I first started vaping using high nic juice.
Now vape either 3% or 6% at lunch for a quick fix.
I vape 3mg all day and when Im out I have 6mg bottle I dilute for a Temp fix...I have vaped 6mg the way I vape 3mg and I have made myself very nauseous and had to lay down for almost an hour...I wont be doing that again ;)

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape 3mg all day and when Im out I have 6mg bottle I dilute for a Temp fix...I have vaped 6mg the way I vape 3mg and I have made myself very nauseous and had to lay down for almost an hour...I wont be doing that again ;)

ditto,, i started at 24mg, by the end of 1 month i was at 6mg,,, then i drifted to 2-3mg..happy world,, then i bought some ejuice thinking it was 6mg,, and immediately experienced 16mg like a brick to the head and a kick to the normally cast iron steel stomach...........lol,, i am happy to be a 'Nic lightweight'

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I haven't gotten sick in over 2 years to call in. Seems like every year I feel better. I've been smoke free for 8 years now. Used snus the first 2 years and going on 6 years of vaping in July.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I did have a bacterial sinus infection back in the fall, which I think I picked up while visiting my mom in the hospital -- and I was pretty sick, had to take a 10-day course of antibiotics, but never once did it head for my lungs, as sinus infections always did in the past, when I smoked. But no colds/flu since just before I started vaping; last one was Jan 2014.

Andria

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Im really surprised "The Far Side" Comics havent jumped on to make a calendar of vaping toons....they could do it very easily with how much stupidity is already present.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I smoked I would get Bronchitis and sinus infections once or twice a year and get zapped by the flu, even with a flu shot. Since I started vaping I've only had a mild cold and a sore throat a couple times, over five years.

firechick

Member For 4 Years
I used to get a sinus infections, bronchitis and pneumonia on a regular basis. It wasn't unusual for me to need a Zpack two or three times a year. I had fewer and fewer of those since I started vaping in 2009. I've had one bad cold in the last couple of years, and that was because I spent a week in close proximity to the IT guy who was hacking up a storm the whole time. I haven't needed antibiotics in about 4 years. At this point, I haven't seen a general doc about anything beyond the department physical in about 3 years.

VU Sponsors