Become a Patron!

New RTA build leaking!

Zyed

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the motofo The Troll RTA on ijoy capo 100w mod and I attempted not only my first coil wrap but also mounting it. The coil is nickel (ni200) 24 AWG 8 wraps including the half wraps (7 total i guess).

however, 2 of these did no have enough ohms. (something like barely .04?) so I'm trying to use 1 coil only in it (not sure if this is viable?) and it registers at .06 ohms and yes I run it in Temp controlled mode however my first 3 puffs it must have read the ohms wrong and ran at over 1.0 ohms however i didnt rip it and i didnt get a burnt taste (coil is still good?) I inspected it and its still shiny no discoloration in it.

But it leaks out of the air hole. I tried blocking the other air hole with cotton (the one with no coil) - putting additional cotton in the bottom of the tank/reservoir thing? the leaking only happens when the tank is over halfway full and if i put the top on quickly and suck air through without firing it stops leaking.

What could be causing this? Is this a viable setup? Also, is my coil intact or am I endangering my health?

Also, when I first hit it a few times i got very light headed and this is a nic level ive been hitting out of my RTA for a couple months. Does this TC mode really pack that much of a punch???

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I thought the troll was dual coil only? Has it got something to plug the other side like a plastic cap or something?

Never tried the troll sorry but there’s quite a few wicking vids about got it ...just picked one at random, looked like he was using simple round wire build which wight be more helpful for you

Zyed

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I thought the troll was dual coil only? Has it got something to plug the other side like a plastic cap or something?

Never tried the troll sorry but there’s quite a few wicking vids about got it ...just picked one at random, looked like he was using simple round wire build which wight be more helpful for you

i simply only put one coil in. is that a no no? i found out i didnt use enough cotton for the wick and now its hitting great at 400 F 35 W .06 ohms

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
i simply only put one coil in. is that a no no? i found out i didnt use enough cotton for the wick and now its hitting great at 400 F 35 W .06 ohms

Yeah it’s a no no and probably why why are getting leaking that cotton plug is going to let juice in over the deck because it’s going to nowhere :)

If you prefer single coils grab yourself a single coil RTA or one that comes with an adaptor to plug up one side

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Single coil something like this the White Bone Mini
Picked this up about a year ago now

878429C4-7847-4DA8-AFDB-AB931BD53940.jpeg

Lot of people like the OBS nano, geekvape Zeus, Geekvape Amit, Merlin Mini take a peek at those as well

Alternatively if you want to stick with the troll build for dual coils, And if you want higher ohms use thinner wire and and more wraps :)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Not familiar with the Troll but can recommend the Nano, Zeus, and Crius 2. If you prefer a more restricted af I'd go for the Nano. Personally I'd simply go with a different wire. Have you tried ss?

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah don't put only one coil in it ... it will not work right ...

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Yeah it doesn't have any plugs to run in dual coil so it's going to leak like a sieve.

Best option is just get a single coil rta, the Wotofo Serpent SMM is a good single coil for pretty cheap. My favorite though is the FogWorx Slider, it's an awesome single coil.

https://www.elementvape.com/slider-25mm-rta-by-fogworx-two-post?enter=true
I was eyeballing that Slider but didn't hear much feedback. Seems to have slipped thru the cracks. How's it working out? Any seeping or leaks?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was eyeballing that Slider but didn't hear much feedback. Seems to have slipped thru the cracks. How's it working out? Any seeping or leaks?
It's easy to build on, I haven't had any issues with leaking and it's one hell of a good performer, I've been very impressed. The build quality is outstanding and the ease of the topfill is wonderful. I run a single 3mm di SS Fused Clapton and she preforms very well.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
It's easy to build on, I haven't had any issues with leaking and it's one hell of a good performer, I've been very impressed. The build quality is outstanding and the ease of the topfill is wonderful. I run a single 3mm di SS Fused Clapton and she preforms very well.
Damn. Now I have to take another look.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Any reason why you didn't just put two coils?

He’s a new builder and came to us asking for advice and assurance which is all good in my book :) haven’t seen him come back yet though

by the sound of the original post he wanted a higher resistence vape

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He’s a new builder and came to us asking for advice and assurance which is all good in my book :) haven’t seen him come back yet though
by the sound of the original post he wanted a higher resistence vape

yeah I re-read his listing and he was getting no resistance (low ohms).. im sure hes got a solved by now..

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
yeah I re-read his listing and he was getting no resistance (low ohms).. im sure hes got a solved by now..

Yeah Hopefully :cheers: either way needs to add some more resistence to his coils 0.04/0.06 is extremely low thankfully his mod is regulated

VU Sponsors