Become a Patron!

new regulated Pulse 80w w/ Gene chip

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's the consumer that drives China to clone - they would not bother if there was not a ready market

Well, that really depends on the situation. Sometimes a fair amount of blame falls on the manufacturer, especially on those 'high end' list items which The Cromwell just mentioned. If the manufacturer does not make enough items to meet demand, either because they lack the capital or they are trying to keep the price high by keeping it exclusive, the manufacturer holds some of the blame as well. Not to mention customers might have to jump through hoops to even get a chance at the item (like joining a group, downloading an app, etc)

I don't support the idea of clones nor do I buy them, but all the blame doesn't fall on the customer in every situation.

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
No I have Philippines and dom Mods been selling off my China stuff trying to go China free not to hard when ur a mech user really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, that really depends on the situation. Sometimes a fair amount of blame falls on the manufacturer, especially on those 'high end' list items which The Cromwell just mentioned. If the manufacturer does not make enough items to meet demand, either because they lack the capital or they are trying to keep the price high by keeping it exclusive, the manufacturer holds some of the blame as well. Not to mention customers might have to jump through hoops to even get a chance at the item (like joining a group, downloading an app, etc)

I don't support the idea of clones nor do I buy them, but all the blame doesn't fall on the customer in every situation.

Your scenario is still consumer driven

What I'm saying is, China would not make clones if people didn't buy them

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well it's kinda like the piracy argument. Most people who are buying clones aren't going to shell out the cash for an authentic anyway.

I'll buy authentic where I can when the value is there.

If you only have a super secret group that I have to jump through hoops so I can have the privilege of buying your product, well that ain't gonna happen.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's the consumer that drives China to clone - they would not bother if there was not a ready market
And also the custom market cannot keep up with demand even with the China clones and cheap stuff flooding the market so they have no complaints if they cannot meet customer demand.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only clones I have bought have been RDA's.
But lately I have only been buying authentic Wasp Nanos.
I will not pay a big price to try something I may well not like.
I have piffed out most all of my clone RDA's as I did not like them. Would have been out hundreds on authentic RDA's.

I did buy a couple of Keito clone mods.
Damn good mods and impossible to buy authentics since they only made like 500...

All my regulated mods and tanks are authentic.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well it's kinda like the piracy argument. Most people who are buying clones aren't going to shell out the cash for an authentic anyway.

I'll buy authentic where I can when the value is there.

If you only have a super secret group that I have to jump through hoops so I can have the privilege of buying your product, well that ain't gonna happen.
That's back in the old days, there's numerous sources of high quality gear without joining some super secret group.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That's back in the old days

It's still very prevalent in the squonk world - though we finally have more low cost options than ever - high end stuff still leans towards limited runs and secret groups abound

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another thing more and more of the Authentic USA branded vape gear is actually being made in China.

Dot mod?
The Riq Squonker?
And virtually all of the 'Authentic' attys with a reviewers name on them.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another thing more and more of the Authentic USA branded vape gear is actually being made in China.

Dot mod?
The Riq Squonker?
And virtually all of the 'Authentic' attys with a reviewers name on them.
That's why one needs to do their research before buying anything high end and this isn't exclusive to Vape gear.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Correct! My last hobby had 90% china made products but there was basicly 0 clones because there was 0 market for clones.
Products that were the same idea with a different name and cheaper money, they did very well though.
Only time things got "cloned" in that hobby was people in the hobby. But that was more like just straight scamming because they would sell coral with designer names when it was just a average coral.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And also the custom market cannot keep up with demand even with the China clones and cheap stuff flooding the market so they have no complaints if they cannot meet customer demand.

Why can the custom market not keep up with demand? Just curious why that would be the case.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why can the custom market not keep up with demand? Just curious why that would be the case.
If they could keep up with the demand then there would be no need for invite only FB groups where one MAY win a chance to pay a large price for a custom mod/atty.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think that's the case. The only reason that might happen is the manufacturer doesn't have the capital to produce enough to meet demand.

It's just a sales tactic. The manufacturer is intentionally making more demand for their products than they ever intend to fill. They are basically trying to hype their product by making it super exclusive, all so they can charge exorbitant prices. The manufacturer knows if they can make customers feel special enough to be invited to a group, and then lucky enough to win a spot for an item that a hundred other people want, they can charge a lot more money than if they just sold them in a website.

Part of this sales tactic is keeping the number of available items low. So the customers feel even more special if they win a spot. Which I'm not entirely sure is even true. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them make a very large batch in the beginning to keep their costs down, but claimed they had 'only 200 produced on this run'.

I'm sure there are exceptions for that, but most of them fall into the category. But hey, if people are willing to pay that much then I guess it's worth the much. But they would never get the same prices if they just produced 1000 units and offered them all directly on a website.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In any case for whatever the reason they are not meeting demand so China fills in .

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hmm the timing on the Vandy Vape chipset to the rescue....
Just watched a vid last night. Tony B said Vandy Vape had their chip ready before he decided to go with the Gene.
He wanted to go with the Gene because it was more popular and he liked it better.
I feel for the guy because I know what it's like to get royally screwed.
And we can only go by his word on who actually screwed him. I'm siding with Tony though.
If you read VooPoo's response you will know the reason why.
But it happens everyday in business in just about every country in the world including the U.S.
Bottom line, You can only trust few people in this world. The moral compass is almost gone!

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In any case for whatever the reason they are not meeting demand so China fills in .

That kinda goes back to my original point, the clones on the market aren't entirely the customers fault. Certain manufactures share some blame as well.

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Ask the Chinese company that manufactured the DS/TS for 528 what they think about the ethics of US business practices. Big business is a two way street, and the signs are not always easy to interpret.

Vaping is a new market with a lot of money to be made, not the least of which is in reviewing. So I would propose that a portion of these lionized hero reviewers are in this game for the cash. And not above manipulating a loyal audience for the purposes designated by those who sign their paychecks. Folks are learning that the same old hustles that have worked in every market from new cars to street drugs can be successfully plied here as well. Those uninitiated engaging in the seedy side of big business would be best served by dedicating a portion of their short lasting newfound gains to the purchase of topical pain relieving anal creams cause it’s gonna be a bumpy ride.

TL;DR? I don’t know who to laugh at harder, The butthurt community of Nuevo Riche YouTube vape reviewers who feel like they might not get the biggest rice ball after the corporate VapeBeef fallout, or the manufacturing faces who want to run the show from the shadows and manipulate a community at large via shills but now find themselves in the position of having to shut the fuck up or lawyer up.

It’s great days we’re living in :bingo:

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Most Youtubers aren't a reliable source for true reviews of products. However, if you watch enough of their videos it becomes easier to pick up on issues they have with products. They won't say "this RDA has X wrong with it" but they usually will briefly mention the issue (kinda glossing over it). That throws red flags up for me to do more investigating if I'm seriously considering buying a product. Sadly most new vapers will not pick up on those cues. But I still think they benefit the community more than harm it, and a few of them have been involved in designing some stellar hardware.
You are correct. Most are not reliable.
Hell. half of them can't pronounce the name of the product.
Half of them complain of RTA's leaking when in fact they don't know how to wick or fill them properly.
I have 2 brands of RTA's with no JFC that some reviewers have slammed because they leak.
I watched the videos and just shake my head when they fill them.
They should know how to do it. I've only been vaping a little over a year and figured it out.
None of my tanks leak.
Some of the new folks to this hobby will take these vids all as fact and good companies lose sales because of it.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some of the new folks to this hobby will take these vids all as fact and good companies lose sales because of it.

No doubt, as I did as well. Scammers prey on peoples naivety, gullibility and willingness to believe others. Nothing can really be done about human nature though. What people can do is be there to inform and help when others come looking for it. That's what this forum provided for me and continues to do so. I'm also a believer in naming things for what they are and that includes naming the shithead reviewers.

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Guess we'll see if it even hits the US market after this crapola, courtesy FDA

http://vaping360.com/fda-vape-inspections/
Sweet Jesus if I had more ambition I’d get my self together, hire an attorney, and place a bid with the FDA to “provide vape inspection services”. What a gravy train that’s gonna turn out to be! Gov contractor in a new field administering poorly written regulation wide fucking open to interpretation and getting fat as hell on tax dollars...

Fuck it, what’s my lawyers number...

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Also with Trumps tariff war with China looming.
Made a big(for me) FT order today.
Ordered 2 more Picos and 2 more Wasps.
And a bunch of Subtank Mini parts.

does not look to get any cheaper or easier to get in the future.
Wow, the original Eleaf Istick Pico?!
I thought I was one of the only people who still used a Pico. I was actually vaping my white Pico when I read your post, and I have a gray Pico too. It really is a solid, reliable little mod. I bought my gray Pico when they were released, which I think about 3 years ago. I need to get some new screws for it, but don't know anywhere that sells them. Do you have any idea where I might be able to buy them? I've contacted Eleaf about it multiple times, but no one there was of any help whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
c560dc24f55ed026cb41e11354477aae.jpg

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought I was one of the only people who still used a Pico. I was actually vaping my white Pico when I read your post, and I have a gray Pico too. It really is a solid, reliable little mod. I bought my gray Pico when they were released, which I think about 3 years ago. I need to get some new screws for it, but don't know anywhere that sells them. Do you have any idea where I might be able to buy them? I've contacted Eleaf about it multiple times, but no one there was of any help whatsoever.

Actually the Pico Squeeze. Never got an original Pico.

sorry have no idea where to get screws, but if you can figure out the size and style FT may have them.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Actually the Pico Squeeze. Never got an original Pico.

sorry have no idea where to get screws, but if you can figure out the size and style FT may have them.
Oh ok. I almost bought a Squeeze when they were released, but have still yet to try one.

That's cool, thanks anyway. There's a place near me that will custom make any size screws, bolts, fasteners, etc. I just need to go there and see what they'll charge to make them for me.

EDIT - Does the black on the Squeeze wear off? The "chrome" on the Pico wears horribly. You can see on my gray Pico that it's gone. Once it started looking bad from the wear, I took it apart and sanded it to make it look more even. You'll also notice the battery cap is a brass color under the chrome/silver finish.

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Oh ok. I almost bought a Squeeze when they were released, but have still yet to try one.

That's cool, thanks anyway. There's a place near me that will custom make any size screws, bolts, fasteners, etc. I just need to go there and see what they'll charge to make them for me.

EDIT - Does the black on the Squeeze wear off? The "chrome" on the Pico wears horribly. You can see on my gray Pico that it's gone. Once it started looking bad from the wear, I took it apart and sanded it to make it look more even. You'll also notice the battery cap is a brass color under the chrome/silver finish.

I’ve actually been rough with my black Squeeze and so far no wearing of the black paint. YMMV.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

c560dc24f55ed026cb41e11354477aae.jpg
How are you liking the ghoul?

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Do you have a Fastenal distributor near you? I've grabbed some pretty small screws from them before.

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Absolutely LOVE it!! It's a phenomenal RDA, quite possibly the best flavor from any atty I've ever used!!

Sorry if I’ve asked you before...but have you used a Wasp Nano or Pulse 22? Just trying to gauge how the Ghoul compares to these, since they’re the only RDAs I’ve tried and I enjoy the flavor in both of them.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry if I’ve asked you before...but have you used a Wasp Nano or Pulse 22? Just trying to gauge how the Ghoul compares to these, since they’re the only RDAs I’ve tried and I enjoy the flavor in both of them.
Nope only used the Wasp of those listed so could not compare very well.
have used the Dead Rabbit.
While ok did not knock my socks off.

the Wasp is a single coil atty and works best with round wire or skinny claptons it is not designed for great big claptons nor high wattage.
I vape mine with .34 3mm id 26 ga SS316 10 wrap parallel coils.
a very nice flavorful vape at around 30-35 watts.
That build works very nicely on a Pico Squeeze as well. I also used it on my Coppervapes.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Sorry, I have not. Everyone says the Wasp Nano has great flavor though. It's even one of the lowest priced RDAs, so I've been meaning to buy one but haven't yet. And I've just never been a fan of any Vandy Vape products in the past, although VV has a couple RTAs out now that look pretty good.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Do you have a Fastenal distributor near you? I've grabbed some pretty small screws from them before.
Yea, there's a Fastenal about 30 minutes from me. The place I'm gonna go to is called Threads For The South. A few people I know have went there before and had nothing but good things to say.

Here it is https://www.threadsforthesouth.com

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Sorry, I have not. Everyone says the Wasp Nano has great flavor though. It's even one of the lowest priced RDAs, so I've been meaning to buy one but haven't yet. And I've just never been a fan of any Vandy Vape products in the past, although VV has a couple RTAs out now that look pretty good.

Thanks for the reply. I can say that the flavor off the Wasp is amazing. The Pulse 22 is also pretty close, and I can’t really tell a difference. Now that I’ve got sno5er RSQ on the way, I’m considering picking up another single coil flavor RDA...but if I don’t decide on one, I can run my Wasp on it or the Squeeze.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the reply. I can say that the flavor off the Wasp is amazing. The Pulse 22 is also pretty close, and I can’t really tell a difference. Now that I’ve got sno5er RSQ on the way, I’m considering picking up another single coil flavor RDA...but if I don’t decide on one, I can run my Wasp on it or the Squeeze.
Pulse 24 works great on the Rsq in single coil. I'm sure it works good in dual coil as well but I like running it with a nice beafy single coil instead, since every other atty I run is a small 22mm single coil and there's not a ton of room for my bigger coils. I've run my pulse 22 on the rsq and it is equally as good.
I think the pulse is the only atty I've used that's 24mm and has great flavor. Not that others out there don't because I haven't tried many.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors