Become a Patron!

new regulated Pulse 80w w/ Gene chip

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Being honest but misled?
Always a possibility.

I am honest but never ask me about color coordinating.

And just as a little dig I do not think he was totally honest about the Pulse BF mod.
It is pretty much a piece of crap.

Honest or another name for it?
Since he virtually never said anything bad about vape stuff he reviewed.
And we all know that is not correct.

I am not saying that tony is dishonest at all just that he does not tell all that he should.
As should be done in an honest vape review.

Tony strikes me as a nice salesman type.
Tony has built up and maintained an excellent reputation over the years in the Vaping Community, to me that means and counts for something.

As for his gear, full disclosure it's not my thing. But as he states a number of times he designs it for himself and if people like it great, if not it doesn't bother him.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tony has built up and maintained an excellent reputation over the years in the Vaping Community, to me that means and counts for something.

Can't dispute that.
However I look for accurate critical reviews, not gloss over reviews.
Or I look for entertainment as well. And consider myself fortunate if I find both in a reviewer.
I watched his reviews for a while until I realized that he never had much bad at all to say about something he was reviewing.

I do repeat that I think that Tony is a nice guy and is the victim in all of this.
However just who victimized him is a question and did he contribute to it inadvertently?

Declaring a winner before the race is finished is never a good idea.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't dispute that.
Or I look for entertainment as well. And consider myself fortunate if I find both in a reviewer.
I watched his reviews for a while until I realized that he never had much bad at all to say about something he was reviewing.

I do repeat that I think that Tony is a nice guy and is the victim in all of this.
However just who victimized him is a question and did he contribute to it inadvertently?

Well since Tony has never contributed to any drama I will trust his word on this, as I stated earlier is who can you trust. Someone with an excellent reputation in the community or one who doesn't, I know my decision.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I trust Mooch and Todd and Dean and V1ck somewhat.
Even though Todd did cause me to buy a wanko :D

But even though Todd may have a mod he is clearly gushing over he will still point out any deficiencies.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I trust Mooch and Todd.
Even though Todd did cause me to buy a wanko :D
So do I for they have built up their reputation over time, like Tony. Maybe not to the volume of viewers but he has. As I stated earlier he's not in where I vape at but from everything I have seen he is a trusted source, much more than a large corporation. Give me something that can sway me to believe Voopoo over Tony.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So do I for they have built up their reputation over time, like Tony. Maybe not to the volume of viewers but he has. As I stated earlier he's not in where I vape at but from everything I have seen he is a trusted source, much more than a large corporation. Give me something that can sway me to believe Voopoo over Tony.

Right now I do not totally believe either. Corps lie and Tony may be mistaken or has been misled.
A totally honest person can be totally wrong.

But Voopoo is the only one involved in this that has publicly made an official statement in writing.
this he said she said goes no where with me.
Give me names show me statements from them.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right now I do not totally believe either. Corps lie and Tony may be mistaken or has been misled.
A totally honest person can be totally wrong.

But Voopoo is the only one involved in this that has publicly made an official statement in writing.
this he said she said goes no where with me.
Give me names show me statements from them.
I watched his video on his point of view and I believe him. I've lived in the corporate world for over a few decades and I know how they work, especially Chinese Corporate which I have a fair amount of experience with.

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Can't dispute that.

This is why I like Jai Haze’s reviews. He keeps that shit real...

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been following this BS drama since it was made public,but haven't commented.Based on VooPoo's official statment they claim that there was no long term contract,but they state that they did raise the price.If you had no contract to sell the chips to Vandyvape,why would you need to raise the price on a product that you are not going to provide.So there must have been some agreed upon price in the first place to provide the chips.They also state that they never gave Vandyvape license to use the GENE chip or name,but it has been promoted with that chip since it was announced.Why are they just now saying something.Wouldn't you have said they have no rights to use the name of the chip as soon as they started promoting it if you did not have an agreement of some kind.Tony said in his video that Vandyvape wanted to use their own chip in the mod when they first started development,but he convinced them to use the GENE chip.He also said that VooPoo had access to the design of the pulse 80w the entire time.I believe Tony at this point in time,and think he got shafted.But something is not adding up between VooPoo and Vandyvape. We have to remember,that China is a communist country,and they do things way different there than alot of other places.Hate on me if you want,but I won't be buying products from either company again,and it will not affect either of them in any way!

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I have never heard of Tony B before. I do not watch alot of youtube stuff. SO having only this video of him, this video makes him look very bad in my opinion. He comes off as a shill and dishonest. But that's my opinion after watching one video of him.....seeing more from him could change my mind. Anything is possible in this situation. But we will never hear the whole truth about it, nor will I use this to judge Vandy Vape or Voopoo...only Tony

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have never heard of Tony B before. I do not watch alot of youtube stuff. SO having only this video of him, this video makes him look very bad in my opinion. He comes off as a shill and dishonest. But that's my opinion after watching one video of him.....seeing more from him could change my mind. Anything is possible in this situation. But we will never hear the whole truth about it, nor will I use this to judge Vandy Vape or Voopoo...only Tony
He has come off as a nice mannered salesman shill to me as well.
Why I did not care much for his vids.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
it's not about the money, well it is = to me..... I want to sound like I am not in it for the money, but not sound like I am not in it for the money at the same time.

Then mention the money aspect over and over and over....I get it Tony you are a great guy...instead of making $60-80k off the first run you will only make $20-40k :slowclap:...All because you love us but at the same time don't care if we like the product because you designed it for you. So if you designed it for you why do you need 40k chips? :facepalm: By the way how was that vacation in the Domican you so desperately needed after dealing with all of this that it made you sick? Poor Guy.

Trying to throw Kanger under the bus too by associating them with Voopoo :kickbutt:

Oh by the way I feel it's wrong to post any proof of what I am saying...just take my word for it the emails said THIS...:confused:

OEM :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Use google Tony

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
he said something to the effect that he thinks Kanger also used chips made by Voopoo too at one time. In my mind he is trying to associate other brands with Voopoo to build up his favored brands. Maybe I misunderstood what he was trying to say. But with all his double speak and contradictions it is easy to get confused. I find the whole thing dishonest as all hell.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
he said something to the effect that he thinks Kanger also used chips made by Voopoo too at one time. In my mind he is trying to associate other brands with Voopoo to build up his favored brands. Maybe I misunderstood what he was trying to say. But with all his double speak and contradictions it is easy to get confused. I find the whole thing dishonest as all hell.
I must have missed that part of his vid.
But yes with all his rambling it would be easy to do.

I am a Kanger vaper.
Just ordered 2 more Dripbox 2's for under $17 each.
:D
if they have Voopoo chips in them I am ok with that.
I have had zero chip failures in any Kanger mod and have been using some of them for around 2.5 years.

And they come in White! :D

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Don't think I ever had a Kanger, unless they own eleaf... But I was just using my STM a few days ago and it still works great. If I could just find an atty that is somewhere between the STM and the Ammit 22 in terms of airflow and denseness of vape, with all my personal required features.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
He has come off as a nice mannered salesman shill to me as well.
<----------------
I used watched him some, till I realized he found ways to smooth over negatives in his reviews. At least that's what it appears to me.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
<----------------
I used watched him some, till I realized he found ways to smooth over negatives in his reviews. At least that's what it appears to me.
A well phrased way of saying what I was trying to say.
Thank you.
That is the salesman/shill thing I was talking about.
He tried to get us to buy everything that he reviewed.
If he ever gave a do not buy on anything I missed it.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It’s very possible that voopoo makes chips for other manufacturers. For instance, uwell makes coils for several other tank manufacturers aside from their own. It’s the same for all kinds of products like Samsung and apple screens.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well if Kangers have Gene chips in them they are mutant genes.
Reliable as heck but TC is wishy washy. works kind of.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
It’s very possible that voopoo makes chips for other manufacturers. For instance, uwell makes coils for several other tank manufacturers aside from their own. It’s the same for all kinds of products like Samsung and apple screens.
Yes, very prevalent in processors.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well if Kangers have Gene chips in them they are mutant genes.
Reliable as heck but TC is wishy washy. works kind of.
The only Kanger chip I’ve ever had is in my subox Mini and that doesn’t have TC. It’s always been solid and has never given me any issues

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only Kanger chip I’ve ever had is in my subox Mini and that doesn’t have TC. It’s always been solid and has never given me any issues
The 75 watt variant has TC but sucks.
TC on the Dripbox 160 and DB2 have TC and it is useable but not great.

I do not think Voopoo existed for the Kbox minis and such.

That new touchscreen Kanger?
Of course I am not interested in any touch screen mod.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it's not about the money, well it is = to me..... I want to sound like I am not in it for the money, but not sound like I am not in it for the money at the same time.

Then mention the money aspect over and over and over....I get it Tony you are a great guy...instead of making $60-80k off the first run you will only make $20-40k :slowclap:...All because you love us but at the same time don't care if we like the product because you designed it for you. So if you designed it for you why do you need 40k chips? :facepalm: By the way how was that vacation in the Domican you so desperately needed after dealing with all of this that it made you sick? Poor Guy.

Trying to throw Kanger under the bus too by associating them with Voopoo :kickbutt:

Oh by the way I feel it's wrong to post any proof of what I am saying...just take my word for it the emails said THIS...:confused:

OEM :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Use google Tony

wow lol

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year

Yeah, I do think you misunderstood what he was trying to say lol. I don’t really give a shit about what happened, and who’s right or not. I like my Voopoo mod, and I have a Pulse 22 rda on the way. But I think a lot of people here at VU are being way too emotional about this. I do not think Tony is contradicting himself, nor is he employing double speak...saying you THINK something is very different from presenting it as fact. Though not completely clear, I think he was genuinely screwed over in this situation as far as he can tell.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I do think you misunderstood what he was trying to say lol. I don’t really give a shit about what happened, and who’s right or not. I like my Voopoo mod, and I have a Pulse 22 rda on the way. But I think a lot of people here at VU are being way too emotional about this. I do not think Tony is contradicting himself, nor is he employing double speak...saying you THINK something is very different from presenting it as fact. Though not completely clear, I think he was genuinely screwed over in this situation as far as he can tell.

With the evidence we have, it looks like he was screwed by Vandy Vape

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yea, that's my bad. I was thinking proprietary bottle, but for some reason I typed internal or non-removable. I know no one would make a non-removable bottle as it would make things impossible .
I'm not as dumb as I look, I swear
*EDIT - Something like this is what I was imagining. A big, square, proprietary bottle that holds a lot more liquid than other squonkers

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
ca942b104795afb6a79b452b14ebefcd.jpg
That's what I was thinking about for a Mech 26650 squonk mod. Huge rectangular bottle next to the battery

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Being honest but misled?
Always a possibility.

I am honest but never ask me about color coordinating.

And just as a little dig I do not think he was totally honest about the Pulse BF mod.
It is pretty much a piece of crap.

Honest or another name for it?
Since he virtually never said anything bad about vape stuff he reviewed.
And we all know that is not correct.

I am not saying that tony is dishonest at all just that he does not tell all that he should.
As should be done in an honest vape review.

Tony strikes me as a nice salesman type.

I think I mentioned it in this thread but tony b was the first vape channel I ever watched and subbed to. I’ve watched good of the stuff he has uploaded and I can count on one hand how many outright bad reviews he’s given. He’s like mike Vapes or douche420, he does not test or review products, he showcases them. He’s probably the best of the showcasere when it comes to production quality and product presentations.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most Youtubers aren't a reliable source for true reviews of products. However, if you watch enough of their videos it becomes easier to pick up on issues they have with products. They won't say "this RDA has X wrong with it" but they usually will briefly mention the issue (kinda glossing over it). That throws red flags up for me to do more investigating if I'm seriously considering buying a product. Sadly most new vapers will not pick up on those cues. But I still think they benefit the community more than harm it, and a few of them have been involved in designing some stellar hardware.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is getting stupid. If voopoo is raising the price its a negotiation. Once there is a contract the price is locked. Both parties stated there was no contract yet everybody and their cousin is claiming an "agreement". The stolen mod design is comical look at the front of both the Pulse 80 and Drag. It looks like a cheap plastic version of a drag with a squonk bottle.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad to see this dying down.
Figured it would run it's course fairly fast, but this does surprise me a bit.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
This is getting stupid. If voopoo is raising the price its a negotiation. Once there is a contract the price is locked. Both parties stated there was no contract yet everybody and their cousin is claiming an "agreement". The stolen mod design is comical look at the front of both the Pulse 80 and Drag. It looks like a cheap plastic version of a drag with a squonk bottle.
A lot of mods look like cheap plastic/ fake resin that doesn't make them copies, otherwise the drags a copy because they're not the first for sure. The whole copy thing by it self makes VooPoo look stupid at the very least imo. I mean the pulse 80w looks more like the rsq Minus the resin and what about this mod? This a drag copy? Rsq copy? They're all copies

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
365e912d658c31c1a265ac742256a49a.jpg

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of mods look like cheap plastic/ fake resin that doesn't make them copies, otherwise the drags a copy because they're not the first for sure. The whole copy thing by it self makes VooPoo look stupid at the very least imo. I mean the pulse 80w looks more like the rsq Minus the resin and what about this mod? This a drag copy? Rsq copy? They're all copies

365e912d658c31c1a265ac742256a49a.jpg
No it doesn't at least the front anyway that mod has up and down buttons side by side. Not too many ways you could orientate buttons

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
No it doesn't at least the front anyway that mod has up and down buttons side by side. Not too many ways you could orientate buttons
Well of course the button placements different on that one. The pulse had the same button set up because it was using the gene chip

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
No more gene chip seeing China fuck him yup shocking China fucking over someone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Right, because the West has never fucked over anyone.

Don’t know what your getting at but China fucks over all the mech mod makers every day I see this and say yup China at there best

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
China is a country of 1.3 billion people. China is not aware of your existence, nor does it care about mech mod users. You are talking about a ridiculously small number of companies that people have issues with concerning vape gear. China basically manufactures damn near everything for the world. To condemn the entire country is silly. I'm just pointing it out.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don’t know what your getting at but China fucks over all the mech mod makers every day I see this and say yup China at there best

Without China VERY few in the USA would be vaping right now instead of smoking.
When Vaping began in the USA ALL vape stuff came from China.
I would not be vaping instead of smoking for 40+ years right now if not for china.
I would not have spent the high price for Modder vape gear and probably could not have gotten it if I would spend the price.
Even now one has to compete on FB to 'win' the right to pay a high price for custom vape gear.

Thank you China for helping me to kick a 40+ year smoking habit.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Without China VERY few in the USA would be vaping right now instead of smoking.
When Vaping began in the USA ALL vape stuff came from China.
I would not be vaping instead of smoking for 40+ years right now if not for china.
I would not have spent the high price for Modder vape gear and probably could not have gotten it if I would spend the price.
Even now one has to compete on FB to 'win' the right to pay a high price for custom vape gear.

Thank you China for helping me to kick a 40+ year smoking habit.

Well said.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

It's the consumer that drives China to clone - they would not bother if there was not a ready market

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ya well USA mod marks can make mods in the USA and still put out good mods I for one will not support china but if ur happy with what u vape on then vape on

VU Sponsors