Become a Patron!

New Rebel DNA75C 21700 squonker seems "weak"

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got my new Rebel DNA75C 21700 squonker. Updated to latest firmware with Escribe and uploaded the theme I like.

I put my Asmodus C4 on it, juiced it up, set the temp and watts as I was using on my DNA75 Inbox.. weak vape. Cooler, minimal vapor and flavor. Battery is fully charged and the resistance was measured at room temp. Tried other attys, same thing. The builds were all .30 ohms or greater, 75 watts should be plenty.

One thing I noticed, in Escribe, the battery is listed as a single 18650 and not a 21700. The only other option in the drop down was a LiPo. Not sure if that could be causing it?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Check and see if it has a mod resistance programmed in escribe. If not, check around and see if someone has an estimate for it on the evolv forum.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It'd be awfully nice if the copper-510 insert was available at more than one site, and for a reasonable price. (the widget used to self-test mod resistance).

That said, I gave up on DNA TC mode - as a TC mod, it's great at wattage.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check and see if it has a mod resistance programmed in escribe. If not, check around and see if someone has an estimate for it on the evolv forum.
It does, 0.004 ohms. That seems really low to me.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is replay out of the question for you?

It's the only reason I want a DNA75C... just so I can go about it all lazy like ;)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Is replay out of the question for you?

It's the only reason I want a DNA75C... just so I can go about it all lazy like ;)
^^^ this right here...
Really makes the dna deliver

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I never used one, but I did watch a few videos...

seems pretty straight forward... VW mode...adjust wattage to where you like, vape til you get the hit you like...replay...done...

Wouldn't think you'd need to play with internal resistance, punch, poop, pre-poop times, just vape.

Correct me if I am wrong...but to me that is the SUPER LAZY way to TC'ish via Replay (Yes I know Replay isn't TC, but its close enough to emulate it)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I never used one, but I did watch a few videos...

seems pretty straight forward... VW mode...adjust wattage to where you like, vape til you get the hit you like...replay...done...

Wouldn't think you'd need to play with internal resistance, punch, poop, pre-poop times, just vape.

Correct me if I am wrong...but to me that is the SUPER LAZY way to TC'ish via Replay (Yes I know Replay isn't TC, but its close enough to emulate it)
You’re correct..
Basically you get that one great vape that you really like.. hit replay and each vape after that is exactly the same.
It works great, and you don’t have to redo it. Unless your environment changes. If I’m inside the house at 70degres and go outside to where it’s 90degrees. Then yeah, I’ll have to back out of replay and set it up real quick, sometimes. Not always.
The replay mode has been pretty much all I use when I’m using a dna box.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I fixed it. One thing I didn't do, was Restore Defaults in Escribe after updating the firmware. Now this thing is rocking!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, I fixed it. One thing I didn't do, was Restore Defaults in Escribe after updating the firmware. Now this thing is rocking!
It doesnt get any better than an evolv board, when they are running properly

Glad you got it sorted out.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I'm loving this thing. Not crazy about the included squonk bottle, it's really soft and springs back slowly. I like the firmer silicone ones like what came with my Lost Vape Drone. To which, can anyone recommend good aftermarket bottles? Not the refill ones, but bottles that actually go in the mod. Can't find the LV ones anywhere, and I want to replace the one in the Rebel. I like to have spares around.

Also, if anyone is looking for an Escribe CSV file for a Samsung 40T, I'm running analyzer on it right now. I'll be posting it at the Evolv forum when it's done.

VU Sponsors