Become a Patron!

New Profile Unity RTA

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The original kylin and the pulse bf mod being a joke imo
I don't have either, but have heard that about both of them too. Persistent leaking with the og Kylin and and bad voltage drop with the Pulse BF.

I gotta say though. I just took my Kylin V2 off my Aegis Legend for the first time in a while again and aside from a ring of juice that doesn't run, mine hasn't leaked.

I love my Bonza and Bonza 1.5 and the tube stack.

The Pulse dual has been good to me so far too and the V2 rda is flat out awesome.

I'm not meaning to be argumentative, but that really is my experience, which I know is not nearly as extensive as yours.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't have either, but have heard that about both of them too. Persistent leaking with the og Kylin and and bad voltage drop with the Pulse BF.

I gotta say though. I just took my Kylin V2 off my Aegis Legend for the first time in a while again and aside from a ring of juice that doesn't run, mine hasn't leaked.

I love my Bonza and Bonza 1.5 and the tube stack.

The Pulse dual has been good to me so far too and the V2 rda is flat out awesome.

I'm not meaning to be argumentative, but that really is my experience, which I know is not nearly as extensive as yours.
I'm just kind of getting away from $20-$40 range RTAs. I've never liked one in the price range enough to keep. It seems like a gamble every time. This mostly has to do with my high wattage vaping style. Vacuum, wicking and airflow need to be on point.

Edit: RDAs are fine. They're simplistic designs where you don't have to worry about all the stuff you do with rtas. Lately I've been sticking to steamcrave stuff, reload and goon 1.5.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Could you elaborate on this a bit more please? What is a typical RTA vape for you? Build, power etc.
Ni80 alien 26x3/36 3.0mm 6 wrap. 70-80 Watts and lots of airflow. Most rtas can't fit the coils, can't wick fast enough or don't have enough airflow. Most recent being Zeus X for example.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ni80 alien 26x3/36 3.0mm 6 wrap. 70-80 Watts and lots of airflow. Most rtas can't fit the coils, can't wick fast enough or don't have enough airflow. Most recent being Zeus X for example.
Those coils would be kinda wide.
Was the Zeus X too restricted wide open?

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm just kind of getting away from $20-$40 range RTAs. I've never liked one in the price range enough to keep. It seems like a gamble every time. This mostly has to do with my high wattage vaping style. Vacuum, wicking and airflow need to be on point.

Edit: RDAs are fine. They're simplistic designs where you don't have to worry about all the stuff you do with rtas. Lately I've been sticking to steamcrave stuff, reload and goon 1.5.
the 2 rda's I have in this range that I like a lot are the intake and the dead rabbit rta. The intake needs a little wicking practice, but once it's done right it's great for a lower wattage restricted dtl or mtl style. The dead rabbit is a flavor machine with the right coils (aliens) the only downside is it sucks juice up like a mofo. I've got the reload rta and it is dope af, and I got it for a good deal, but I don't know that I like it that much better than the DR that I'd have paid full price for it. I want a juggernaut mini.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
the 2 rda's I have in this range that I like a lot are the intake and the dead rabbit rta. The intake needs a little wicking practice, but once it's done right it's great for a lower wattage restricted dtl or mtl style. The dead rabbit is a flavor machine with the right coils (aliens) the only downside is it sucks juice up like a mofo. I've got the reload rta and it is dope af, and I got it for a good deal, but I don't know that I like it that much better than the DR that I'd have paid full price for it. I want a juggernaut mini.
i had a dead rabbit and sold it. I like the reload a million times more, but it all depends on your build and vape style

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i had a dead rabbit and sold it. I like the reload a million times more, but it all depends on your build and vape style
I've got the same build in both right now. The reload is definitely better, but $50 better? Maybe I haven't had it long enough yet.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got the same build in both right now. The reload is definitely better, but $50 better? Maybe I haven't had it long enough yet.
Dead rabbit was finicky with wicking (dry hits or flooding). I've havent had one issue wicking the reload. Perfect every time.
Bottom airflow would beat any top or side airflow tank imo.
I feel like the airflow on the dead rabbit was a little rough and the build quality was really bad. Thin cheap metal slapped together. Threads were far from smooth.

Anyway it's all personal opinion. I know a lot of people like the dead rabbit. I'm just not one of them.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dead rabbit was finicky with wicking (dry hits or flooding). I've havent had one issue wicking the reload. Perfect every time.
Bottom airflow would beat any top or side airflow tank imo.
I feel like the airflow on the dead rabbit was a little rough and the build quality was really bad. Thin cheap metal slapped together. Threads were far from smooth.

Anyway it's all personal opinion. I know a lot of people like the dead rabbit. I'm just not one of them.
I will agree the machining is not even comparable at all. The wicking on the dead rabbit is finicky but I know what I'm doing with it I guess. The reload is almost impossible to wick improperly.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just got this mother trucker in last night. love it already. I need to get the wicking a bit better, it leaked when I added juice. Other than that no leaking though.
The leaking spitting issue is caused by not having the two little holes above the standard wicking ports covered with cotton.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
they are covered. It was only leaking when I filled it. I might have done something messed up as it wa 530am and I was half asleep.
Hmm. Mine was leaking when I filled it until I made sure the holes were covered. Not sure then.

EDIT. of course the bottom ports still need to be adequately filled though too.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm. Mine was leaking when I filled it until I made sure the holes were covered. Not sure then.

EDIT. of course the bottom ports still need to be adequately filled though too.
maybe I cut too much cotton off the top and could've squared it off more. I'll check it out. Thanks. Flavor is on point though. This baby is coming to Europe with me. I'm sure battery life on a single 21700 mech will be amazing. I'm building a dual 2x700 right now too, this thing will be great on either of them.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Saw Mike Vapes last night on The True Vapors Show #196. He has the Kylin M, says it is "dry hit city"..
I like Mike overall, in that he usually at least covers most things I want to know about a product and I've found much of his info to be helpful. He's also been at this ALOT longer than I have. Respect to that.

That said, occasionally I'll watch him wick something and find myself unable to go along with how he's saying to do it. (he's not the only one)

So in my mind there's that. I'm not going to take his, or any other single reviewer's word.

Now with THAT said, I can defintely see where the little pom pom holes in the Unity cap make all the difference in the world for sufficient wicking in a mesh rta, so maybe he's right.

Last edited:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had an epiphany regarding mine a couple weeks ago. I was cleaning it and thought to myself, why am I dealing with all these parts when I have 3 squonk mods and profile rda's sitting right here? So I traded it for a topside and a profile rda.....now I have 4.
;)

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had an epiphany regarding mine a couple weeks ago. I was cleaning it and thought to myself, why am I dealing with all these parts when I have 3 squonk mods and profile rda's sitting right here? So I traded it for a topside and a profile rda.....now I have 4.
;)
You traded your Unity?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Deuces Jack likes M better than Unity.

I wicked Unity 1nce. The Suck My Mod way and works well.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Deuces Jack likes M better than Unity.

I wicked Unity 1nce. The Suck My Mod way and works well.
I'm not ready to write it off just because they copied the unity to a large degree. Everybody copies everybody. The airflow is different and it has humongous wicking channels.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I'm not ready to write it off just because they copied the unity to a large degree. Everybody copies everybody. The airflow is different and it has humongous wicking channels.
Spring loaded posts too. I don't like how it looks.
I like how Diesel looks.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Spring loaded posts too.
That too. I didn't have any problems with the clamps on the Profile rda or rta, but making them spring loaded is an extra convenience and definitely an improvement.
I don't like how it looks
I don't mind it :) Kinda like an upside down unity.
I like how Diesel looks.
That one is interesting for sure. I saw Derrick's video. It looks like they took his ideas and wrote him out of the profits, though he seems more concerned with getting credit for the design.

I like how it looks too. It would look awesome on a Cylon. Or a Rincoe Mechman :)

The airflow is the real (potential) show stopper with that one though.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No Español? I think it's in reference to trading a unity for profile rda.
7D8AF0EA-C201-496F-A9E4AA1236DD3C71_source.jpg

No habla espanol, but I've been around it enough so that I should have thought of that :D

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I took my unity off the mech and put it on a regulated mod and have it at like 40w. Way better IMO. The profile works just fine on a mech and can handle a little more heat, the unity on the other hand seems to be functioning much better in all departments with some regulation.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I took my unity off the mech and put it on a regulated mod and have it at like 40w. Way better IMO. The profile works just fine on a mech and can handle a little more heat, the unity on the other hand seems to be functioning much better in all departments with some regulation.
Are you saying that the rda can handle more heat than the rta?

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you saying that the rda can handle more heat than the rta?
I thought so, but I was wrong. My wick was nice and saturated in the beginning so 40w was giving me good flavor. Now i've got it up at like 62.5w and it's perfect.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you using SS316l mesh? I have some and I didn't really like it all that much.

I am, I have a spool of the Vandy Vape mesh. I use it in both the RDA and the RTA and I wick with rayon. I get a fantastic vape with both, .15 ohms I push about 65 watts and set temp anywhere from 400-450 depending on the juice I'm vaping (some flavors I like at a lower temp, some higher) and it's just fantastic.

VU Sponsors