Become a Patron!

New Post page sucks

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
All of these thank you threads are a bit much IMO. Pages and pages... kind of hard to weed through them. o_O

I am as thankful as anyone and try to say so when appropriate but all of these thank you threads are only there to get a prize. Not a real heart-felt thank you. :oops:

I am not jumping on the thank you bandwagon. I will stay in the forums I frequent and not use the "new posts" page for awhile. When does this contest end? LOL

Disclaimer: I am not complaining... this is just my observation. :p

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah... I'm with you on that... sticking to 'watched threads' for the duration :rolleyes:

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have no idea what you're talking about. Should I be glad? lol

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
LOL I think so!
If you click on "New Post" it takes you to a page of latest post. That is how I usually try to catch up. That page is now full of threads all titled "Thank you" due to a contest. They have done so to enter. I can no longer see the new posts other than those. Not a big deal, I just have to navigate differently now.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The problem stems from all those thank you's not being a reply to a single post but rather anyone wanting in needing to create a new thread to do so. In the vendor sub-forums I mean. A single thread in each of those for the thank yous would clean it up. Or maybe not, I'm not absolutely sure on the ways the new post page is set up. I suspect that while those thank you threads would remain near the top the thanks yous replies would be buried within.

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I do take a look at some of the thank you threads from time to time.

But I also find them easy enough to ignore if I am looking for other fresh content.

Like this thread for example:D

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The problem stems from all those thank you's not being a reply to a single post but rather anyone wanting in needing to create a new thread to do so. In the vendor sub-forums I mean. A single thread in each of those for the thank yous would clean it up. Or maybe not, I'm not absolutely sure on the ways the new post page is set up. I suspect that while those thank you threads would remain near the top the thanks yous replies would be buried within.

eggsackly. seems most everyone feels the need to start a new thread rather than just post to the existing one. kind of odd. :p

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
eggsackly. seems most everyone feels the need to start a new thread rather than just post to the existing one. kind of odd. :p

The instructions seem to indicate that new threads were the desired outcome. A way of tracking valid entries is my guess so winners could be picked.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The instructions seem to indicate that new threads were the desired outcome. A way of tracking valid entries is my guess so winners could be picked.

hence the mess. :p

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kind of spamming the vendors threads too. If you want info on their product(s) you now have to go through many many posts to get to anything. Or to see if the question has already been asked and answered before starting a new thread.

The give away is a really cool thing but this may have some unintended consequences in the vendors threads.

Last edited:

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's a combination of both. You reply to the existing thread announcing it but are told to add a thank you in the vendors sub-forum where there is no existing thread to reply to. Thus a shit load of new threads. Replies seemed to be sufficient tracking for the Provari giveaway. Shrug.
Edit: I could be wrong on the sufficient part since I didn't win one it doesn't seem so sufficient at all. :)

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's a combination of both. You reply to the existing thread announcing it but are told to add a thank you in the vendors sub-forum where there is no existing thread to reply to. Thus a shit load of new threads. Replies seemed to be sufficient tracking for the Provari giveaway. Shrug.
Edit: I could be wrong on the sufficient part since I didn't win one it doesn't seem so sufficient at all. :)

don't feel bad. i've never won anything either. :(

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's just a way to get more posts totals. Kind of sucks, you should just be able to have a thread and post to it...

Just my 2 cents....

Demoniacal

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yep, nobody had started any of the thank you threads in the sub forums when I posted mine, figured others would just post in same thread, but now we've got a fuck ton of thank you threads in the sub forums for each contributing vendor, almost all of which only have one post, hopefully one of the mods will be able to clean up the mess.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yep, nobody had started any of the thank you threads in the sub forums when I posted mine, figured others would just post in same thread, but now we've got a fuck ton of thank you threads in the sub forums for each contributing vendor, almost all of which only have one post, hopefully one of the mods will be able to clean up the mess.
Since multiple posts disqualify you it seems no one was willing to bet that posting in your thank you thread covered it.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I do take a look at some of the thank you threads from time to time.

But I also find them easy enough to ignore if I am looking for other fresh content.

Like this thread for example:D

Well.........BOOGER :D

Yea, I looked at a few too but there was nothing to them. Can't begin to figure out which ones (not that I'd want to) because they are all the same. As I said previously, NOT a big deal but it sure is a mess.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
In one of my very few postings as an actual VU moderator (and please don't fall all over yourselves in fear:p) I will tell you that this issue is being discussed behind the scenes as I write this.

For now, just sit back and hope you win if you entered!

Me has spoken!o_O

And I will leave you with this final thought on the matter at hand......................

BOOGER!

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Over all the post a thankyou thread was a BAD idea

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Well ya know..... some of my " Good " ideas dident turn out ..... well , ummmm , good .

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Growing pains... see what works and what doesn't.
That's going to be a lot or work for the mods to consolidate all of those posts into one thread per sub forum :eek:

what else have they got to do? :p

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True, since most all members in this forum don't really need to be baby sat and there are no nazi rules... and I'm sure they have plenty of idle time in their day :D

Your avitay got a little scary kelli :oops:

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
True, since most all members in this forum don't really need to be baby sat and there are no nazi rules... and I'm sure they have plenty of idle time in their day :D

sposed to be....it's halloween month :)

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

#1...............?
#2 What do you consider SCARY?
#3................I seem to be in love with...............?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah... Halloween... aaaaggghhhhh!!! Scary.

Maybe I should change mine to a ghost cloud? Black cat behind a vape cloud? Hmmmm... I happen to have a black cat (wife's cat but he likes me better lol). And he doesn't mind vape, he hangs out next to me in a fog when I watch tv :)

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
#1...............?
#2 What do you consider SCARY?
#3................I seem to be in love with...............?
Many other forums have those that just love to be a dick... not too many if any here... so far. They will come. Forums are full of opinions and everyone has their own but some just want to enforce a position that their opinion is more than that... theirs is a fact that all should kneel to.

Most of those are loosers with a keyboard and no life.

Opinions bring conflict, its all about how you respect others opinions and deal with conflict ;)

That^^^

Her^^^??

Last edited:

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hey wait.......her who?

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Opinions bring conflict, its all about how you respect others opinions and deal with conflict ;)

I sometimes don't convey my meaning as well as I should with the written word but I try to. I agree with you here and I think this says it well...

3+6=9 But so does 5+4.
Your way of doing things may not be the only way to do it.
Respect others way of thinking too.

Things are not always black or white or only one way to see things.
I don't like conflict and didn't start this thread to be one. As I stated it was an observation and in my opinion it was a bad idea. My opinions usually don't count for much and I didn't expect it to start now. It was my hope that others could post if they saw this too and those in higher places could do as they see fit.

As a side note... for now the page seems better. Not sure if MODS are cleaning up/moving threads or if it has slowed a bit. :D

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't like conflict and didn't start this thread to be one. As I stated it was an observation and in my opinion it was a bad idea. My opinions usually don't count for much and I didn't expect it to start now. It was my hope that others could post if they saw this too and those in higher places could do as they see fit.

As a side note... for now the page seems better. Not sure if MODS are cleaning up/moving threads or if it has slowed a bit. :D

your opinions count just as much as anyone else's. :)

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, don't see this thread that way and agree... if someone doesn't agree with me, I'm just fine with that. Just here to share and learn ;)

Back on subject, you are on point. The authentic vs thing is really stupid and juvenile. One of the worst things for our hobby.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors