Become a Patron!

New OFRF Gear RTA Leaking From AFC? Not enough wick?

Zhurrie

Member For 1 Year
I just set up my new Gear RTA from OFRF (Used their coil and wick) and had it sitting on my mod upright after filling and noticed the juice level was about half of where I started and it was dripping out of the AFC holes. When I take a puff it gurgles like it is flooded. I cut the wicks pretty short so that they just barely went into the circular cutouts but don't hang down below. Was this too little wick?

Zhurrie

Member For 1 Year
So I pulled the cotton out and put in a new longer one where the cotton went below the cut outs/channels, re-filled with juice and it has been bone dry. I'm assuming it was a cotton issue, where because it was so short, juice was making it up to the deck and flowing down the airflow channel because there wasn't enough wick to stop it. I'm still open to responses or thoughts/tips for this RTA. Flavor is great and it seems really solid all around. I wish the posts were slightly different but that is my only gripe.

Zhurrie

Member For 1 Year
Oh damn, I thought it was a coil, til I clicked on it.

@Zhurrie did the gurgling stop, too?
Yes, the gurgling was the flooding of the bottom airflow hole. It seems like this is the only small design flaw with this RTA, and it really isn't massive unless you don't wick long enough. I haven't had any leaks or issues after re-wicking with way longer wick.

My avatar pic is a ring, it just really looks like a coil which is why I used it :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes, the gurgling was the flooding of the bottom airflow hole. It seems like this is the only small design flaw with this RTA, and it really isn't massive unless you don't wick long enough. I haven't had any leaks or issues after re-wicking with way longer wick.

My avatar pic is a ring, it just really looks like a coil which is why I used it :)
I'm glad it worked out for you. I hear it's a great tank.

VU Sponsors