Become a Patron!

New Nitecore intellicharger i4, help?

kennjbroas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Need to know what the C and V buttons means, and how do I go about using them?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I have the same charger. No buttons on mine. But I would assume that it would give you a reading on Volts and Current. Nothing to concern yourself with unless you want to know. IF that be the case with those buttons. I would NOT press them with more than one battery in it though. Unless you're having a problem, leave it alone. OR, RTFM (Read The Fucking Manual) as we call it in my circle.

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Battery Recovery Mode

The NEW i4 has a revival function designed specifically to revive over-discharged IMR batteries, an over-discharged IMR battery is indicated by the four flashing LED indicators above the particular slot the battery is placed in, holding down both C and V buttons until the bottom indicator starts flashing to enable the battery recovery process. IMR batteries that have been severely over-discharged may not be recovered successfully.
Caution: Do NOT enter battery recovery mode when battery is inserted backward, it may cause fire and explosion.

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can also use them to change the charging current

Settings

After battery placement, press the C button to select a slot or press the button repeatedly to select a specific slot from left to right order, when a desired slot is selected, holding down the C button allows for manual adjustment to charging current, and holding down the V button allows for manual adjustment to voltage.
·Current setting
This option allows the charging current to be set at 1.5A for batteries of large capacities. The red light on top will turn on when the charging current to set at 1.5A.
·Voltage setting
This option allows the charging termination voltage to be set at 4.35V/4.2V/3.7V
Note: (2) Charging current allocation can be manually adjusted when more than one batteries of large capacities are placed in the charger

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
More details are in the manual including a chart

VU Sponsors