Become a Patron!

New mod

I'm sorta new to vaping and I went from the aspire c.f. sub ohm to the eleaf istick 50w I have the aspire Atlantis and I'm confused with on picking to use watts or volts and if anyone has this set up what is your watts/volts and airflow

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The advantage of selecting wattage, is when you change the tank from one to another, were the coils of the tank have a different resistance. The device will adjust the voltage by itself accordingly.
How much power to use, depends on the coil's resistance and the juice. Start at a lower setting, and adjust higher step by step, if needed.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Use watts and start at 20 and work your way up. Find the spot where you like the vapor and note the wattage. The airflow is up to you, closed off, it will make a thicker stronger vapor, opened up, more airy. You can adjust the watts upwards to get more and thicker vapor with the airflow opened up. That's the neat thing about subtanks, the vapor they put out and the watts they can handle to do so.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agree - use wattage for a consistent vape across a range of similar devices. Always start low and creep up until you find your sweet spot - start too high and you burn your wick, which is then garbage. Unless you rebuild factory coils (many do, I don't) your whole coil is ready for the circular file.

Stepinrazor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Agreed with the advice you have received so far, the original Altantis fires well between 25-35 wats on an 50w istick, and will give you far better vape than the Aspire CF sub ohm battery.

You should just work your way up until you find your sweet spot.

Yes I just felt like repeating everyone else.

VU Sponsors