Become a Patron!

New member with an interesting request...

Hey fellow vapers! I just joined this site a couple days ago, but just now figured out how to post on it. I've been vaping for a little over 3 years, and I believe that honesty is the best policy so I have to admit that I was first introduced to vaping in high school through the juul epidemic, as opposed to a means of quitting cigarettes. Currently I am a college student, and am writing a paper on the online vaping community and how it has helped many people to break their addiction to cigarettes. I'm also focusing heavily on what it's like to be a vaper- including the good, the bad, and the shit that's just too funny not to include. (Right now I'm writing about the struggles of driving with a big ass cloud blocking my windshield- Anyone have anything they might want to add on that topic??) I would love to hear people's input or any stories about vaping if they have anything they'd like to share that might contribute to what I'm doing!

I'm excited to see where this goes... :cheers:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't drive myself. That aside here in WV, USA while visiting hospital
I had a few moments between seeing doctors. I stepped out to vape. Nurse
asked what I was smoking.

Have found there's no point to correcting people. I might say, I'm
dragging on some unflavored 18 mg per ml max vg base juice. They usually
have no clue, I smile to politely brush off further conversation. Not
worth the time or effort to engage.

Excuse me need to squonk. :)

I don't drive myself. That aside here in WV, USA while visiting hospital I had a few moments between seeing doctors. I stepped out to vape. Nurse asked what I was smoking.

Have found there's no point to correcting people. I might say, I'm dragging on some unflavored 18 mg per ml max vg base juice. They usually have no clue, I smile to politely brush off further conversation. Not worth the time or effort to engage.

Excuse me need to squonk. :)
LOL i love it!! I regularly take bathroom breaks from class to go vape in the stalls :teehee:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks! Got any good vaping stories?

not just yet don’t know what sort of paper your writing and how objective it will be :) except that vaping getting me off smoking and my dependence on nic at the levels I used to smoke ...part of your paper should perhaps focus on why that is in comparison to other nicotine substitutes out on the market.

for many certainly in online communities vaping has become a hobby, the whole buzz thing with the supposed juul “epidemic” will be frowned upon in such places ...think more along the lines of stuff to do with your hands and take your mind off the smokes ...there isn’t just one way of doing things when you start, the exploration phase in vaping for legal ages is vast...this has helped me and many to stay of cigs for good, that and encouragement from others in support and learning new techniques and skills along the way.

unfortunately ignorance, false news, clamp down on certain platforms, governments making money from tobacco and people’s desire to profit from others with little scruples regarding making them ill (vit E scandal)....drives the negativity train, it’s taken it’s toll on many communities, even the pockets left like VU

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I smoked,,, no,,,, let me rephraise I SMOLDERED for 43 Years
my lungs were toast on a stick... caughing ALL da tiime, couldent take a deep breath for love or money.
started vapping jan 1 2019 and set down da smokes..
THIS YEAR last week as a matter of fact had to go to a dr for a health certificate for SS.
asked you ever smoke.
said NOPE smoldered for 43 years..
asked take a DEEP breath...
I did what was once impossible and took a deep breath..
HER EYES GOT BIG.. she said do i again.... I did she said and Again please.. ok
another REALLY deep breath...
and MY DR said MY GOD.. your lungs have really started to HEAL in a year//
how ever did you quit smoking? i said started vapping...
she just shook her hear and said it's really working for you..
i said yep.
she said be careful with what ya vape..
I giggled and said NO PROBLEM i Make you own e-juice.. that way I know whats in everything.
and she said THIS IS MY DOCTOR saying...
just keep doing what ever it is your doing because its working for you.
yet its not that i condone vapping.. i just can't deny what its done for you.

BTW may i crow..
I gained only 5 pound in the last 28 Years
last time i stepped on a dr scale i was 115 pounds now am 120 pounds.
not to shabby

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
for many certainly in online communities vaping has become a hobby

In some cases it seems part of a lifestyle or way of living. Know that I am glad being part of such a phenomenal global community which makes it seem that people like @KingPin! here seem right next door, or @JuicyLucy and I know some in Japan, Brazil, Portugal, even a few possibly in Iran. The point being the community has come to be endeared by many of us and hold no error in mind, we'll fight to keep it so. And quite a few of us are versed in counter forensics measures, just bear that in mind as a friendly point of fact. :) And no, not a threat, only stating fact. I'm well aware of it as well should I get out of line.:)

he whole buzz thing with the supposed juul “epidemic” will be frowned upon in such places

Aye! Juul can go un-fuck themselves and the goat they rode in on. A horse would nay brought 'em for better sense. Nothing t'all against pods but I'll never use "closed pod" systems. If I'm not allowed to refill it, open it up and clean it, I'll not use it. If a company is worried I may steal their proprietary ejuice formula they need not worry. A quick search would net me all kinds of juice formulas, likely even theirs, if I took two minutes to care. Yes, imho Juul is not worth a fuck, even the fuck they could give themselves for a bit of self love. Part of that opinion is in knowing Juul is owned by big tobacco.

don’t know what sort of paper your writing and how objective it will be

My brief anecdote aside, there's a point here too. Please expound upon your work in progress. Do you know who funds your paper, or just something you chose yourself?

Last edited:
In some cases it seems part of a lifestyle or way of living. Know that I am glad being part of such a phenomenal global community which makes it seem that people like @KingPin! here seem right next door, or @JuicyLucy and I know some in Japan, Brazil, Portugal, even a few possibly in Iran. The point being the community has come to be endeared by many of us and hold no error in mind, we'll fight to keep it so. And quite a few of us are versed in counter forensics measures, just bear that in mind as a friendly point of fact. :) And no, not a threat, only stating fact. I'm well aware of it as well should I get out of line.:)

Aye! Juul can go un-fuck themselves and the goat they rode in on. A horse would nay brought 'em for better sense. Nothing t'all against pods but I'll never use "closed pod" systems. If I'm not allowed to refill it, open it up and clean it, I'll not use it. If a company is worried I may steal their proprietary ejuice formula they need not worry. A quick search would net me all kinds of juice formulas, likely even theirs, if I took two minutes to care.

My brief anecdote aside, there's a point here too. Please expound upon your work in progress. Do you know who funds your paper, or just something you chose yourself?
Agreed!! Juul actually gave me a cigarette addiction, so now I'm working on dealing with both of those. And my paper is for my Digital Media class, which focuses on online communities and the way that the Internet has evolved to have its own society and subcultures.

Also another thing for anyone who's interested: A big part of this paper is explaining the nuances of the online vaping community, including specific ediquette, tips, warnings, and general reminders for people interested in joining the community. The assignment was to pick an online community and write sort of like a guide on how to be a good member of that community, I just chose the online vaping community because I had a feeling it hadn't been done before in this class.

.... also the paper is due today at 1pm so anything at all helps! :confetti:

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Also another thing for anyone who's interested: A big part of this paper is explaining the nuances of the online vaping community, including specific ediquette, tips, warnings, and general reminders for people interested in joining the community. The assignment was to pick an online community and write sort of like a guide on how to be a good member of that community, I just chose the online vaping community because I had a feeling it hadn't been done before in this class.

post what ya have in your paper so far and maybe WE as an ON-LINE community may assist you in
WITH your paper...
{{ check it out we are willing to help a kid with his homework}}
makes for a bad online community BAD i tell you lol lol lol

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Procrastination is key lol ...if it helps takes a long time to fully integrate in a community especially online as there is no facial, eye or vocal queues to depend on which we take for granted in our every day lives .....it’s a different sandbox all together yet you have the same personality types as the real world, that’s why offence taken is rife online, trust is earnt not given freely, depending on the community itself you might see pile on if you don’t fit, or just bear witness to unfiltered thoughts because someone has a pseudo name, keyboard and screen between them and others

VU has it moments just like anywhere but for the most part the community here is friendly and inviting and knowledge is shared freely...a lot of really good eggs in this community

Procrastination is key lol ...if it helps takes a long time to fully integrate in a community especially online as there is no facial, eye or vocal queues to depend on which we take for granted in our every day lives .....it’s a different sandbox all together yet you have the same personality types as the real world, that’s why offence taken is rife online, trust is earnt not given freely, depending on the community itself you might see pile on if you don’t fit, or just bear witness to unfiltered thoughts because someone has a pseudo name, keyboard and screen between them and others

VU has it moments just like anywhere but for the most part the community here is friendly and inviting and knowledge is shared freely...a lot of really good eggs in this community
oooh that definitely helps! So out of curiosity for this assignment, when you first joined the community, were there any sort of unspoken rules that you were surprised by or had to learn in order to feel like an integrated member of the community?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU! :cheers:

I smoked for over 40 years and quit entirely using vaping. The biggest help was the support from the community in the forums. VU wasn't around back then so I started on ECF. As in all communities there are the good and the bad like KingPin mentioned. I was a lurker at first, I just wanted to see the lay of the land. I started posting and made friends. I've been lucky since I travel a lot for work to have been able to meet some in person.

VU I find is a lot more relaxed than ECF. We are all adults here and are treated as such by the moderators and staff. Not so much at ECF, they tended to be more heavy handed and the cliques could be annoying if you didn't fit in. Anyway, I rarely wander to ECF anymore as VU is my online vaping home.

I hope your paper goes well and hope to continue to see you here. And yeah, keep a side window open some when vaping in a vehicle.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
oooh that definitely helps! So out of curiosity for this assignment, when you first joined the community, were there any sort of unspoken rules that you were surprised by or had to learn in order to feel like an integrated member of the community?

as gopher just mentioned ...lurker is how I started too ...you have a general interest and there is content there that keeps pulling you back ...when I first joined felt like I knew certain members already (of course I didn’t as I had never actually conversed with them and had that awkward moment where I’m talking as though I already know them, they are like who the fuck is this guy haha) but their advice and guides were invaluable at the time ...getting to know people comes later

rules is a definite strong point you need to feel free to move about, if there’s too much figuring out what’s going on or being treated badly by power hungry staff ...sod that, however some are necessary to protect the community as a whole and stay true to your vision and get shot damn right nasty content

next is the type of medium you join ...forum is a discussion in a room everyone jump in, Facebook is a shout and hope somebody sees it approach while they farm your data, instagram is for picture whoring and so called influencers, reddit is a really interesting model ...crap content gets lost and high interest goes to the top ....awful platform to post though and you need influence to build your rep...meh

anyway each is different what works on one doesn’t on another...we get a lot of fly by posters here ...the types who write an article or create content on one platform and post in as many places as they can for google searching purposes or to build their brand ....you can tell they types as it’s doesn’t really fit in a forum medium as they aren’t into a discussion more just shilling thier shit there...move along your aren’t worth my time imo

anyway in a forum setting yeah you quickly learn who’s who...gravitate towards certain members, avoid others ....then in the end choose to fight or flight as it will happen at some point especially when a topic comes up with really entrenched viewpoints .......the ultimate aim is to have fewer of these cases and enjoy your stay somewhere and have a laugh with others (that’s when you know it’s right for you)

this is is where the characters types come in ...some like to diffuse with humour, others love to go round in circles getting in the last word, others fight it out until the other swears in pure frustration, you have the cya I’m out folk, or those who raise a ticket with staff in the hope they weigh in lol...if you like watching people I don’t mean in a creepy way, rather what makes them tick a forum is a really good way to work that out it’s great, funny frustrating and damn right irritating sometimes haha

guess what though you keep coming back ... we are social creatures and desire to be in contact with others even if it’s not a human contact sense

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I look at new members as some tiny beat reporter writing their piece of propaganda on vaping and under the guise of being a vaper themselves.

Being engaging in something as trivial as keeping vapor out of your view site while driving just sounds like fishing... fishing for reasons why people do it to write negatively about it in an article.

Yeah I’m much more skeptical of people than many of those whom are welcoming, especially with the anonymity of web specific forums which any coot can simply do a search and come to the realization especially over 3 years vaping and so eloquently responded to... roll said windows down.

But I digress.

Your history moving forward will either nail my point and serve as warning to other members, or have me look wrong... I hope I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
(Right now I'm writing about the struggles of driving with a big ass cloud blocking my windshield- Anyone have anything they might want to add on that topic??)

upload_2020-2-21_10-58-46.png

I look at new members as some tiny beat reporter writing their piece of propaganda on vaping and under the guise of being a vaper themselves.

Being engaging in something as trivial as keeping vapor out of your view site while driving just sounds like fishing... fishing for reasons why people do it to write negatively about it in an article.

Yeah I’m much more skeptical of people than many of those whom are welcoming, especially with the anonymity of web specific forums which any coot can simply do a search and come to the realization especially over 3 years vaping and so eloquently responded to... roll said windows down.

But I digress.

Your history moving forward will either nail my point and serve as warning to other members, or have me look wrong... I hope I’m wrong.

I have to agree with you Don because over the years I have seen most of them are trolls or ANTZ. I think to myself here is a College student who doesn't have enough sense to drive in a safe manner. Oh yeah common sense cannot be taught, right?

But I digress.

Lol I appreciate your loyalty and concern for the validity of this community, but actually I have a really old car with windows that don't roll down, and a pretty bad nicotine addiction at the moment that's definitely draining my bank account. I did join the site though primarily for research purposes for the paper I'm writing, but its less about the science of vaping and more about the online community itself. Everyone has been extremely helpful though, which is such a pleasant surprise because I honestly didn't think anyone was going to answer! (which makes me want to come back and keep talking with you guys because who knew strangers could be so kind!) Maybe I should add "don't join a vaping forum and then immediately ask for help on a paper about vaping because people will think that's weird" to my list of do's and don'ts though lol

as gopher just mentioned ...lurker is how I started too ...you have a general interest and there is content there that keeps pulling you back ...when I first joined felt like I knew certain members already (of course I didn’t as I had never actually conversed with them and had that awkward moment where I’m talking as though I already know them, they are like who the fuck is this guy haha) but their advice and guides were invaluable at the time ...getting to know people comes later

rules is a definite strong point you need to feel free to move about, if there’s too much figuring out what’s going on or being treated badly by power hungry staff ...sod that, however some are necessary to protect the community as a whole and stay true to your vision and get shot damn right nasty content

next is the type of medium you join ...forum is a discussion in a room everyone jump in, Facebook is a shout and hope somebody sees it approach while they farm your data, instagram is for picture whoring and so called influencers, reddit is a really interesting model ...crap content gets lost and high interest goes to the top ....awful platform to post though and you need influence to build your rep...meh

anyway each is different what works on one doesn’t on another...we get a lot of fly by posters here ...the types who write an article or create content on one platform and post in as many places as they can for google searching purposes or to build their brand ....you can tell they types as it’s doesn’t really fit in a forum medium as they aren’t into a discussion more just shilling thier shit there...move along your aren’t worth my time imo

anyway in a forum setting yeah you quickly learn who’s who...gravitate towards certain members, avoid others ....then in the end choose to fight or flight as it will happen at some point especially when a topic comes up with really entrenched viewpoints .......the ultimate aim is to have fewer of these cases and enjoy your stay somewhere and have a laugh with others (that’s when you know it’s right for you)

this is is where the characters types come in ...some like to diffuse with humour, others love to go round in circles getting in the last word, others fight it out until the other swears in pure frustration, you have the cya I’m out folk, or those who raise a ticket with staff in the hope they weigh in lol...if you like watching people I don’t mean in a creepy way, rather what makes them tick a forum is a really good way to work that out it’s great, funny frustrating and damn right irritating sometimes haha

guess what though you keep coming back ... we are social creatures and desire to be in contact with others even if it’s not a human contact sense
Wow thank you so much! This has been the most helpful thing so far, and is definitly going in my paper :)

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I agree with what's already been said. But add - One of the strange things about vaping . My SO didn't really care one way or another about my vaping. He'd just go in the back and play guitar. Until the day he realized my vape made a good fog machine. Now each night when he plays I have to be a fog machine for a while. At least it's better than smoking!

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreed!! Juul actually gave me a cigarette addiction,

Can you expound upon this? It's being claimed that vaping leads to smoking cigarettes, that it's a gateway drug. However, most of us ex-smokers who quit by vaping are dubious about this claim. I just can't see how a non-smoker who vapes will then go to cigarettes. So, I'm very interested to hear more about this, including how many people you know this has happened to.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Can you expound upon this? It's being claimed that vaping leads to smoking cigarettes, that it's a gateway drug. However, most of us ex-smokers who quit by vaping are dubious about this claim. I just can't see how a non-smoker who vapes will then go to cigarettes. So, I'm very interested to hear more about this, including how many people you know this has happened to.

I’m interested in this as well

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I’m interested in this as well

Well I read where Juul added the additional additive chemicals just like the ones they put in the Marlboro's I was addicted to. Here is a little of what I am talking about but not exactly.

Addictive nicotine in Juul nearly identical to a Marlboro: study

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...y-identical-to-a-marlboro-study-idUSKBN1YL26R

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Juul can give you a nicotine addiction which one may smoke cigarettes to fulfill if no Juul.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
funny-and-cute-meme-about-a-parrot-bromance

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Well I read where Juul added the additional additive chemicals just like the ones they put in the Marlboro's I was addicted to. Here is a little of what I am talking about but not exactly.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...y-identical-to-a-marlboro-study-idUSKBN1YL26R

they are describing nic salts in here Steve ...or did I miss the parts about additional chemical additives as well?

chemical extraction goes on for the nic salts I know, never got into salts because of all this though

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
they are describing nic salts in here Steve ...or did I miss the parts about additional chemical additives as well?

chemical extraction goes on for the nic salts I know, never got into salts because of all this though

I read an article that Juul was adding addictive chemicals, actually the same ones they added to smokes for years. Funny it appears to have been scrubbed from the Internet since I saw it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never got into nic salts either since I was looking to reduce my dependence on nicotine.
However Matt from SMM's lady is still working on getting over Juul addiction.

Absolutely! I actually have one other friend my own age in college who also went from a juul addiction to a juul and cigarette addiction like me, and I can tell you without a doubt that for both of us it happened because we could no longer financially support our juul addictions, but withdrawals were too difficult for either of us to quit either. I know that one juul pod is supposedly equal to a pack of cigarettes, and at my worst in my juul addiction I was going through 2-3 pods a day as a teenager. (Most people that I know in college own a juul, but I have never met someone who went through pods as fast as I did at that point.) However I feel like I should also note though that I have diagnosed (very bad) ADD and one of the characteristics of ADD is that people with it are extremely prone to addiction. Interestingly enough, my friend also has ADD, but not near as bad.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hey fellow vapers! I just joined this site a couple days ago, but just now figured out how to post on it. I've been vaping for a little over 3 years, and I believe that honesty is the best policy so I have to admit that I was first introduced to vaping in high school through the juul epidemic, as opposed to a means of quitting cigarettes. Currently I am a college student, and am writing a paper on the online vaping community and how it has helped many people to break their addiction to cigarettes. I'm also focusing heavily on what it's like to be a vaper- including the good, the bad, and the shit that's just too funny not to include. (Right now I'm writing about the struggles of driving with a big ass cloud blocking my windshield- Anyone have anything they might want to add on that topic??) I would love to hear people's input or any stories about vaping if they have anything they'd like to share that might contribute to what I'm doing!

I'm excited to see where this goes... :cheers:
Theyr called windows. Try opening 1.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Absolutely! I actually have one other friend my own age in college who also went from a juul addiction to a juul and cigarette addiction like me, and I can tell you without a doubt that for both of us it happened because we could no longer financially support our juul addictions, but withdrawals were too difficult for either of us to quit either. I know that one juul pod is supposedly equal to a pack of cigarettes, and at my worst in my juul addiction I was going through 2-3 pods a day as a teenager. (Most people that I know in college own a juul, but I have never met someone who went through pods as fast as I did at that point.) However I feel like I should also note though that I have diagnosed (very bad) ADD and one of the characteristics of ADD is that people with it are extremely prone to addiction. Interestingly enough, my friend also has ADD, but not near as bad.

so what do you vape now?

switched to freebase?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know that one juul pod is supposedly equal to a pack of cigarettes, and at my worst in my juul addiction I was going through 2-3 pods a day as a teenager.

M'kay, let me step in a bit of reality. I'll have to locate source material later on, apologies for not having it on hand. That noted a recent independent, peer reviewed and fully blind scientific study found that a cigarette contains only roughly 2 mg of nicotine that is absorbed. So at 2 mg per unit a 20 pack of smokes has about 40 mg of nicotine anyone absorbs.

It was estimated in vaping you take in about half of the nicotine strength level. For instance I vape 18 mg nicotine per 1 ml of juice and about 5 ml per day.

18 * 5 = 90 / 2 = 45 mg

If you follow the notion you take in half of the nicotine. I'm then vaping more nicotine than in a pack of cigs daily. I used to smoke moderately for about 35 years, maybe 38. By moderate I was at most going through 3 packs per week, though if I didn't watch myself I could do 5 weekly. I don't exactly "feel" like I'm using a pack of smokes worth of nicotine by vaping daily. I may be. I've learned that I'm often wrong and I'm alright accepting that.

My point is roughly I don't think one pod equated to one pack. Again, I might be wrong and suppose I could see how I may be. It would be no wonder you become addicted if that is the case. This comes from a nicotine dependent person. I could be called an addict. But I've not stolen, maimed, killed at least knowingly to support a nicotine habit. And I know you don't need to do those things to be an addict.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
M'kay, let me step in a bit of reality. I'll have to locate source material later on, apologies for not having it on hand. That noted a recent independent, peer reviewed and fully blind scientific study found that a cigarette contains only roughly 2 mg of nicotine that is absorbed. So at 2 mg per unit a 20 pack of smokes has about 40 mg of nicotine anyone absorbs.

It was estimated in vaping you take in about half of the nicotine strength level. For instance I vape 18 mg nicotine per 1 ml of juice and about 5 ml per day.

18 * 5 = 90 / 2 = 45 mg

If you follow the notion you take in half of the nicotine. I'm then vaping more nicotine than in a pack of cigs daily. I used to smoke moderately for about 35 years, maybe 38. By moderate I was at most going through 3 packs per week, though if I didn't watch myself I could do 5 weekly. I don't exactly "feel" like I'm using a pack of smokes worth of nicotine by vaping daily. I may be. I've learned that I'm often wrong and I'm alright accepting that.

My point is roughly I don't think one pod equated to one pack. Again, I might be wrong and suppose I could see how I may be. It would be no wonder you become addicted if that is the case. This comes from a nicotine dependent person. I could be called an addict. But I've not stolen, maimed, killed at least knowingly to support a nicotine habit. And I know you don't need to do those things to be an addict.

yes but Juuls are 60 mg/ml I do believe. Nic salts.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
we could no longer financially support our juul addictions, but withdrawals were too difficult for either of us to quit either. I know that one juul pod is supposedly equal to a pack of cigarettes, and at my worst in my juul addiction I was going through 2-3 pods a day as a teenager. (Most people that I know in college own a juul, .

So, why not just get a regular vape?
Why does it HAVE to be "Juul"?

You do realize that they make tons of better shit that is MUCH cheaper right?

Also, you are throwing around words like we are at a fucking NA meeting.
It's nicotine dude.:facepalm:
How about this.

Define: Addiction.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

How about this.

Don't forget some younger people Vape For the "BUZZ" and always looking for the bigger reward. There is a big difference from what those of us use as that Hand To Mouth Addiction or the Nicotine Addiction suppression and those who are looking for a bigger buzz. Reminds me of the days we used to cook our own...................

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

that’s why I think salts are one of those things humans like to push to the next extreme...reducing the alkaline levels by adding the acids you remove the throat hit.

all of a sudden you’ve just got rid of a control mechanism ....now you vape nic at massive levels you couldnt get near with freebase = problem

ok I get that you can get very near to cigarette levels of nic absorption with salts, which could help with initial transition, but damn gotta ask yourself why Altria bought a stake and inserted their own exec as CEO at JUUL ...they have created the cigarette of vaping, get you hooked and keep you coming back and bet your arse a lot harder to kick than freebase

I can go all day without a vape and it don’t bother me too much...wonder if the same can be said for those vaping salts?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Philip Morris took the nic salt in tobacco leaf and turned it into freebase nic by adding ammonia. Pax Labs did the exact opposite: they took freebase nic and they turned it into nic salt by adding benzoic acid.
See here: https://www.vapor4life.com/blog/the-truth-and-technology-behind-juul-and-nic-salts-revealed

question................
did you get your paper done and turned in?
Yes I did! I actually locked myself in the library for about 28 hours while I was working on it, alternating back and forth between my essay and this website.... I'm probably about to sleep for a full day to catch up, but honestly that was probably the most fun I've ever had writing an essay for school

How about this.

lol I'm sorry my bad I really don't know what the correct way to talk about this is. A lot of the information on here and the language you guys use is new to me, but it's been incredibly informative and helpful (not just for my essay, but for me). And I think it definitely started off as like a hand-to-mouth thing (which is when I wasn't really concerned yet), and then it became more of like a nicotine dependency (which I would describe as feeling sweaty/shaky/extremely anxious- an overwhelmingly physical type of discomfort- and I noticed my behavior started to get more compulsive about it). And honestly I think it started with juul just because I was in high school and that's what everybody was doing, and I definitely didn't understand just how powerful nicotine was until I constantly felt like I had to have it. Later on I tried a suorin, a smok, and various disposable vapes in an effort to quit juul but every single time so far I have come back to juul because I felt literally nothing from anything with a lower concentration (i don't know if thats the right word) of nicotine than what juul had. Also, I was living with my parents who are superrr against vaping, and juul was by far the most discreet option.

that’s why I think salts are one of those things humans like to push to the next extreme...reducing the alkaline levels by adding the acids you remove the throat hit.

all of a sudden you’ve just got rid of a control mechanism ....now you vape nic at massive levels you couldnt get near with freebase = problem

ok I get that you can get very near to cigarette levels of nic absorption with salts, which could help with initial transition, but damn gotta ask yourself why Altria bought a stake and inserted their own exec as CEO at JUUL ...they have created the cigarette of vaping, get you hooked and keep you coming back and bet your arse a lot harder to kick than freebase

I can go all day without a vape and it don't bother me too much...wonder if the same can be said for those vaping salts?
I would say that I can't go more than 20 minutes maximum without feeling antsy and craving a hit. I even have one friend that can't make it 10 minutes so she has 3 juuls (in case 2 die) and she brings all 3 to class and secretly hits them under her sweatshirt during lecture. (thats another thing- juul clouds are pretty tiny in comparison)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I would say that I can't go more than 20 minutes maximum without feeling antsy and craving a hit. I even have one friend that can't make it 10 minutes so she has 3 juuls (in case 2 die) and she brings all 3 to class and secretly hits them under her sweatshirt during lecture. (thats another thing- juul clouds are pretty tiny in comparison)

Id expect that sort of answer from someone coming off the Cigs for the first time ...had it myself when I first picked up vaping ...perhaps try to mix devices for a bit use freebase liquid in the other and ween yourself off it gradually reducing dependency on Juul ...your body will adjust takes some willpower though

Or even dump the Juul altogether get a refillable pod ...you’re in control what you put in it ...reduce the salt nic levels over time to lower amounts slowly until youre at an even level with freebase ...then switch over?

Id expect that sort of answer from someone coming off the Cigs for the first time ...had it myself when I first picked up vaping ...perhaps try to mix devices for a bit use freebase liquid in the other and ween yourself off it gradually reducing dependency on Juul ...your body will adjust takes some willpower though

Or even dump the Juul altogether get a refillable pod ...you’re in control what you put in it ...reduce the salt nic levels over time to lower amounts slowly until youre at an even level with freebase ...then switch over?
wow. this really hit me hard. I knew it was bad but even with what i know about juul i guess id just never thought about it as being comparable to a person coming off of cigs for the first time...

actually now that i think about it, im just as bad as my friend- i own 4 juuls, just in case i lose one because i take 1 everywhere and lose it so frequently.

it's kind of crazy- juul is like a huge part of party culture now in colleges and stuff. if you walk into a crowded party with like 30 people in a tiny ass room and someone sees you hit a juul, you're going to get swarmed immediately by drunk juul-addicted college kids craving a hit. i was just hanging out at a friend's house, and between 7 of us there were 12 juuls constantly getting passed around. Most of these people have never smoked cigs, and probably never would. and the ones that have all started because of juul.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ah, okay that makes more sense. Well not really sense but you know what I mean. :)

I can go all day without a vape and it don’t bother me too much...wonder if the same can be said for those vaping salts?
I take fits still of needing to set aside about ten minutes to chain vape. Like cigarettes though I can usually do that, walk away and go get busy for four to six hours depending how life is going, then need to take a "smoke" break. Of course too, if I've nothing any better to do I can find myself nearly autonomously vaping as I breath. It was the same with cigarettes.

I think it started with juul just because I was in high school and that's what everybody was doing,
You illustrate to me rather clearly why the legal age to vape should universally be 21 with strict enforcement in place. There's more you present to me but I'm touching on this a bit. Guess your parents never asked the time worn tried and true question.

"If everybody else took a flying leap of a perilous cliff would you do it too?"

This herd mentality for whatever reason has set into humanity. I'm sure the reasoning at the time possibly had "good" intentions. As John Ray in the 16th century reminds us though, "Hell is full of good meanings and wishes." You couldn't be expected to see the faulting of a whole "modern and enlightened" society though for your youth, I suppose. Or could you be? After all it does boil down to something me & @The Cromwell have been discussing off and on a while now; personal responsibility and choice.

Let me offer you a bit of illustration for that. I could quite literally be a killer of the sociopath order. I have all the earmarks ticked which could "tell you the story" of my path to being that. I grew up with a lot of physical, mental, emotional abuse. I was told I would not amount to anything. I faced being gas lighted. I heard all this "world of shit" and felt it long enough I could have believed it. I had to learn to shut off my emotions to survive. It's no easy feat I'll tell you, nor is it easy to stay anchored. The point being I'd been given a full belly of hate in life. How fucked up is it then I learned love?

I also learned that it was my choice to believe as I chose. No one else can, or will make that choice for me. That is my freedom which can never be relinquished, torn asunder from me. I have the right to choose. Every one of us has that. It above all else makes us divine. And no I'm not some preacher man come to save your soul, no hero either, or saint. I've lived enough crazy shit you don't need to bother. Got all these damn "been there done that" t-shirts I'll never go naked save by choice.

In all of the living I've done, I've also learned we all do need one another. Yet we all need our own individual distance as well. I learned too that I am of value. While I might not be some grand engineer that builds rockets in his sleep, I do have skills, talents, a fucking personality no matter how hard I try not to have. *chuckles* I also figured out I'm loved and not only by my wife and dog. I also love. So yes, I'm valued and I have amounted to far more than the sum of my parts.

Also, I was living with my parents who are superrr against vaping, and juul was by far the most discreet option.
Boy, were you my son I would see to it you had the fear of a daddy in you. You would never know around which corner I lurked, waiting on you to fuck up so I could put a foot up your ass. .... And no I won't apologize for that as I view it as stating discipline. Had I, could I have human children ... they damn sure would know the "rules of the road". They would know they had a dad that loved them, gave a shit enough to know what they were up to 99.98 percent of the time. I'd be that way not to stalk, at least not in any nefarious or "negative" way. My kids wouldn't fear monsters, they'd fear me but out of respect because I eat monsters, fart lightning bolts, am larger than Life or Death. I'd be daddy. Of course, I'd also be a kid's best buddy too and we'd gang up on mom. Ha!

I apologize overall if this has read like a sermon or "I know what's best for you" lecture. I don't know what is best for any of us. I can make a half way educated guess but ultimately admit it is just that, a guess. What I do know though is you've family, even beyond what you consider family and maybe in spite of them. We watch out for each other here. But we don't make excuses and forgive me if I wrap this up abruptly. It seems I'm posting to you as means to procrastinate, create an excuse to keep me from doing my writing. We here take choice because for us it comes weather we like to have it or not. So with that, excuse me.

I have to, ...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I support banning juice with a nic level over 20 mg/ml.
In my opinion many smokers who kick cigs with Juul will actually increase their nicotine addiction. And if a Juul is not handy they will go back to cigs very easily.
It will also make vaping less attractive to teens who just want a nic buzz.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors