Become a Patron!

New Member, greetings

Hi all,

My name's Ben, I'm 29 been smoking for 14 years and I probably smoked a pack every 2 days. Vaping for me really started because my kids kept telling me to quit and they didn't want me to die and I couldn't really argue with them so I took their advice.

Just got into vaping about 2 weeks ago. I hail from Australia QLD where vaping anything with Nic in it is strictly prohibited (up to $9000 fine)https://www.health.qld.gov.au/public-health/topics/atod/tobacco-laws/electronic-cigarettes. Funnily enough vaping without nicotine is fine and classed as regular smoking. I switched and gave up nicotine altogether but it was hard.

I spoke with a local seller (www.cloudninevapeshop.com) and got the smok gx2/4 with the NRG tank with batteries, charger, juice and it's been pretty good so far. I bought some ceramic coils for it and they've done well as they support temp control but I've found wattage mode just as satisfying.
I've also bought a couple of rtas and coil/cotton/coil kit and I'm excited to give that a try as I love to tinker with things(IT technician by trade).

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vaping for me really started because my kids kept telling me to quit and they didn't want me to die and I couldn't really argue with them so I took their advice.

Welcome @ben.ronlund and I hope you enjoy your stay~! Remember what you said when you are 80 or so about listening to your kids!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome, congratulations and sorry to hear AU has such crazy anti vape laws (much like your gun laws). In a year or two of being smoke free you be sure and thank your kiddos.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome aboard Ben and good luck with it :cheers:

I'd say we feel the opposite about guns in Aus. We can get them if we really want (gun licensed) but generally speaking the less guns the better. I'd say 1/10 want more relaxed gun laws.

I admire the reasoning behind arming everyone to prevent dictators though, the world is certainly headed in that direction.

Welcome, congratulations and sorry to hear AU has such crazy anti vape laws (much like your gun laws). In a year or two of being smoke free you be sure and thank your kiddos.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I'd say we feel the opposite about guns in Aus. We can get them if we really want (gun licensed) but generally speaking the less guns the better. I'd say 1/10 want more relaxed gun laws.

I admire the reasoning behind arming everyone to prevent dictators though, the world is certainly headed in that direction.

Thats a shame really. Guns are literally the only thing that stand between liberty and tyranny. I am going to do some reading on the crazy AU anti vape laws because I had no idea it was that bad.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome Ben :wave:

Glad you were able to quit - congratulations!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome and congratulations Ben.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU! Congrats on the quit! :cheers:

Thats a shame really. Guns are literally the only thing that stand between liberty and tyranny. I am going to do some reading on the crazy AU anti vape laws because I had no idea it was that bad.
https://www.health.qld.gov.au/public-health/topics/atod/tobacco-laws/electronic-cigarettes

There are some members of parliament trying to support vaping but they are mostly ignored by the major parties who I'm guessing are well funded by pharmaceuticals. The government in Australia heavily subsidises nic gum and patches so they are already in bed with each other (you see a doctor get a prescription and then get ~6 months supply at ~1/4 cost)

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
https://www.health.qld.gov.au/public-health/topics/atod/tobacco-laws/electronic-cigarettes

There are some members of parliament trying to support vaping but they are mostly ignored by the major parties who I'm guessing are well funded by pharmaceuticals. The government in Australia heavily subsidises nic gum and patches so they are already in bed with each other (you see a doctor get a prescription and then get ~6 months supply at ~1/4 cost)

I kind of fear your situation in the AU is an omen for what our situation will be in the US. I do hope things turn around for you. How's the not smoking going? You still not smoking?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome-

:wave:

VU Sponsors