Become a Patron!

New LG warning?

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Picture of the new LG Brownie batteries I just got today. Has anyone else seen this warning?
4bc935879832b50a6c57e585952c5bff.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
IMG_0385.PNG IMG_0384.JPG

Battery Bros code look-up shows the batteries I just got from Liion made Jan. 17
No warning on these.
Must be a recent thing.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, one of my favourite vendors here in the UK has had to stop selling some LG batteries due to this (he sells them specifically for vaping, and it is an insurance issue).

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for posting this. I don't like that. I received an order of HG2's and 25R's a couple of weeks ago, and I just checked a handful. No warning. They're legit. I'd rather have no warning regarding vaping on them... if thats the new, oh well. I'll still sell them with the warning. I'm not making anyone vape with them, they may buy flashlights... :)

They are just trying to shift responsibility for any mishaps to that of the small vape shop selling them. The "cover your ass" mentality is very prominent, and they should know that a warning label of sorts would not be enough to absolve them of all guilt. Not to mention, Every shop has a clearly written policy regarding use of batteries, which is likely binding. I'll have a lawyer read that, and I will try to remember to post back. At least we don't have to register to sell "tobacco batteries"... yet. Payment processing, this crap, the government, It's all a struggle in this industry but we push forward and we will prevail!

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have not seen this yet, but I'm not surprised. It's typical business CYA. I can't say that I blame them, but it does suck! You know that vape sales are a prominent part of their sales for these batteries and they know that putting these warnings on them is going to have an impact, how much of an impact will be a gamble. However, due to the popularity of these particular batteries, I am wagering that they are gambling on forcing other battery suppliers to do the same which will level the field and minimize the impact, as so many will still seek out these particular ones...all while covering their fatcat dairy aires.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like LG may take things a step further according to Mooch. Seems LG is sending cease and desist letters to places it thinks are selling their batteries for vaping. This came across my fb just a couple hours ago.

"LG Chem is sending Cease & Desist orders to vendors who they feel are still selling LG batteries to the vaping community.

As some of you might know, LG and the other battery companies are dealing with multiple lawsuits from vapers who have had battery accidents. Sony and LG added warnings to their batteries but, evidently, LG didn't feel this was enough.

I don't know how many vendors will stop selling LG batteries and for how long but we will probably see multiple vendors removing LG batteries from their web sites. It's already started.

That's all the info I can discuss here, for now. I'll have updates as I learn more.
"

VU Sponsors