Become a Patron!

New juice gunking up coil?

Kragglin

Member For 1 Year
I just bought a 60ml of Sudden Death Grape Ice and its the first juice I've had do this to me. After just half a days use, the baby beast coil gets a thick layer of brown gunk on the top of the cotton.

I was told to just run it under hot water, while that works, its a gigantic pain in the ass to do multiple times a day.

What can you do about this?

rollersk4te

Member For 1 Year
You can try thinning the juice out with a little water mixed in, but that's the most I know you can do for it besides just biting the bullet and rinsing it or replacing the wick

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
7072d4c1f9d0499e9f225fd30dc0e20f.jpg

The juice probably has a lot of sugar in it and that is what the build up is. This is after two days of use but the flavor is still good so I’m not going to change the cotton and clean the coil off yet.

In the immortal words of Socrates, “ I drank what?!”

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After all these year I finally ran into an e-Liquid that killed the coils in my Aries Pro but the funny thing is it doesn't do it in a couple of other tanks. I was getting black goo on top of the coils after 30ML or less. Sweeteners do it and the liquid was a Strawberry Shortcake flavor.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
After all these year I finally ran into an e-Liquid that killed the coils in my Aries Pro but the funny thing is it doesn't do it in a couple of other tanks. I was getting black goo on top of the coils after 30ML or less. Sweeteners do it and the liquid was a Strawberry Shortcake flavor.

Strawberry shortcake is the flavor that’s making my coil look like that.

In the immortal words of Socrates, “ I drank what?!”

HBVapeShop

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
It's either the sweetener or the menthol they used. I've noticed certain menthol flavors will wreak havoc on coils not sure why.

VU Sponsors