Become a Patron!

New(ish) to vaping and gurgling, flooding is driving me crazy.....please help!

Hi folks,

I am using an Eleaf iStick fairly compact rectangular battery with variable voltage settings which i really like and an Aspire bdc tank with bvc coil in it. I constantly get serious flooding of the battery contact area and filling up of the area at the top of the tank where the drip tip inserts. I'm sick of getting liquid shooting up the drip ti and i'm going through liquid like there is no tomorrow. I undertsand it gets worse the less liquid there is in the tank due to negative pressure from what ive read and seen on youtube etc. Can anyone please recommend a tank that i can use with bvc coils and my current battery that doesn't allow the liquid to flow like a river. I'm constantly having to take it apart and dry the liquid overspill and put it back together and it is driving me crazy. Any advice or recommendations would be hugely appreciated......at this rate I'll be back on cigarettes!!!. Thanks in advance people.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Many many options out there the Nautilus reg and Mini's are good tanks to look into using those same coils.
I wonder if maybe your miss filling them or maybe its just a bad tank, do you have spare tanks to try to eliminate it being a bad tank?

Thanks for the response. I have been careful to fill the tank and avoid any liquid going in to the central tube of the tank. The bottles i use to fill are the needle nosed bottles so i make sure i never fill it more than 2/3mm below the top of the central tube. I have tried older tanks that i had on my last baterry set up which was just a standard on/off pen style battery. I will need to go to my vape store and try a different tank i think as this one is just not working as i would like. Is it normal to get flooding and gurgling when vaping using my current set up? I assume that it is fairly common given the amount of vids and post on the internet about it but as yet no one has been able to say this is a full proof tank that won't gurgle or flood. I just dont know enough about it yet. Hopefully i will get a few folk with recommendations of the same tank and i'll just go with that one. I'm not looking to spend a fortune either as my vaping is to stop me smoking $$$ in cigarettes. Thanks again for your suggestions. Much appreciated.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A little girgling is ok , but the flooding could be one of 3 things, The coil is bad, or going bad or the orings are bad, or your battery is not charged well enough to power the coil

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What wattage is your battery set at?
Does your tank have adjustable air flow?
What ratio is your PG/VG?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU , I hope you get it working right again to stay away from the smoking!!!!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hi folks,

I am using an Eleaf iStick fairly compact rectangular battery with variable voltage settings which i really like and an Aspire bdc tank with bvc coil in it. I constantly get serious flooding of the battery contact area and filling up of the area at the top of the tank where the drip tip inserts. I'm sick of getting liquid shooting up the drip ti and i'm going through liquid like there is no tomorrow. I undertsand it gets worse the less liquid there is in the tank due to negative pressure from what ive read and seen on youtube etc. Can anyone please recommend a tank that i can use with bvc coils and my current battery that doesn't allow the liquid to flow like a river. I'm constantly having to take it apart and dry the liquid overspill and put it back together and it is driving me crazy. Any advice or recommendations would be hugely appreciated......at this rate I'll be back on cigarettes!!!. Thanks in advance people.
I use this exact setup daily... well, I use the bdc coils... some leaking is natural. I have found that when it gets heavy it means your coil needs changed. Over use the wicking material breaks down. This is normal. The only other option I know of for these coils is the ET-S, but it's Ego threaded instead of 510.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I have also found that the lower the juice level... the more it will leak through... Don't be afraid to fill it all the way to the top of the air pipe.

Im vapeing at anywhere from 3.8v - 5v depending on the flavour of juice as i find different flavours taste better at different voltage. I have no idea the ration pg/vg of the liquid as i buy it from a local vapeing store and i have never asked. tbh i have no idea about all that sort of stuff. i vape to stay off the cigarettes and have never taken a great interest in the nuances of liquids etc. I did use a bdc coil in this originally and it leaked a little less however im in Scotland UK and all the shops here sell only the bvc coils now. I have a new coil in at the moment and have tried changing the coil on a few occasions before it has expired and the same thing keeps happening unfortunately. I get about 20 puffs of 3.5-5 sec and then it starts all over again. I think i may try a different tank that is designed for the bvc and maybe a better quality one than my current tank which was relatively in expensive. So if anyone else has a good recommendation for a tank that they have found does not flood or gurgle as much that would be great. All opinions welcome. I'll check in on the thread in the am as it is 2218hrs here and i have a teething baby that aint wanting to sleep...oh the joys! Thanks folks.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have been using the Aspire Nautilus mini for several months with no problems,(other than breaking the glass when dropped) and changing the BVC coils every 5-6 weeks. I run it at 7 to 8 watts, and use juice that is 50/50 (VG is thicker, PG carries flavor better). I use the largest air holes in the adjustable air flow. The Nautilus takes different coils than the other Aspire tanks.
Good luck with the teething problems, I have no advice on that one.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I dont have an aspire, so can't really help with that. I have had that problem with tanks that simply had bad coil and wicks, gurgling and flooding when the coil was getting gunked up, and when didn't let the wick soak up enough juice before firing it up the first time (thus scorching the wick at the coil and resulting in the liquid not being able to be fully exposed to the heat from the coil). Dunno if that helps any. . .

Teething - old family remedy was to rub a little whiskey, rum, brandy, or schnapps on the gums (the stronger the better, for the numbing effect). Another is frozen washcloth that kid can suckle on (leave part of cloth dry for baby to hold on to without getting hands cold and wet).

On a complete aside - another old family remedy might need when kid is older is for earaches. Heat a half of an onion (sliced horizontally) to where it's steaming (pre-microwave method was boil in pot), place in washcloth with flat side of onion flat against fabric, lay down with aching ear pointing downwards and flat side of onion (in cloth) facing upwards towards ear canal such that some of the warmth and steam from onion can enter ear. Careful not to burn ear with hot steam! Leave a little gap between cloth and ear. Stay that way until onion is fully cool. A bad earache might require a second round of the hot onion. Dunno if it's the heat, a chemical in the onion, or both, but it works to cure earache.

Last edited:

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hope this unit works a lot better for you.

Sent from my Z970

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to chime in and say something silly because I get liquid up in where the drip tip connects to the tank and flooding on all tanks from time to time and there are a number of factors that can affect it...not just the pressure and liquid in the tank or getting liquid down the center post when you fill it. Temperature changes, especially rapid ones from inside to outside or vice versa can cause rapid pressure changes in your tank flooding it and making that happen...same thing happens when you get on a plane with liquid in your tank and cannot fully close off the airflow to the coil sealing the tank shut.

Also...I have a tendency to do this from time to time so i know it's true, I did it a lot more when i was a new vapor....but how you inhale can cause it as well. True the little tanks like the e-smarts and evods and t2's and the old CE4's and 5's had a still draw like a cigarette but most newer tanks require a much softer pull than cigarettes and if you suck to hard you can flood the coil causing liquid to pool up in odd places. It happens to me when I chain vape a tank and start to dry the wick out and I take too hard of an unpowered primer puff to resaturate the wick and end up with juice in my mouth. You can have the same thing happen while vaping by taking too stiff of a draw. Don't get me wrong, too weak of a draw and you can get a hot nasty vape and cool your coil as well, but it doesn't take long to find that happy middle. Try taking a slightly slower, easier pull on your vape the next couple days...if it doesn't help I am sorry, just thought it was worth a shot mentioning. Enjoy your new tank and happy vaping! :)

VU Sponsors