Become a Patron!

New here, I am obsessed............

My name is Tami. I have been off "stinkies" now for 4 months thanks to the joys of vaping! I have smoked off and on for 40 years. I have been reading these forums for a few months now but never posted.
I work in the medical field and it really wasn't an easy task to sneak off and have a smoke in my environment. I smoked because quite frankly, I liked it. Hindsight is 20/20 and now I can't believe that my hair, clothes and car smelled like an ashtray. Amazing how we don't notice these things when we smoke.

My first experience was on a whim. I happened to pick up a Juul at the gas station and thought I'd give it a whirl. Of course that was not enough when I discovered the limited flavor selection of the pods. Next I tried refilling the Juul pods....gotta love the internet. That was messy and I quickly tired of it. Almost went back to smoking out of frustration. Then I walked into a Vape Shop. Bought an Ego AIO, then in quick succession a Sourin Drop, a Pico 21700, a Nunchaku.....the list keeps going on.

It wasn't long before I was buying wire and cotton and building coils for my RTA's and RDA's. Next came mechanical mods and finally squonking.....I am in love with squonking :)

I am pleased to meet all of you!!!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU and congrats on dumping the death sticks. It would appear you have found your rabbit hole and dove through to the other side. Good for you, also great to see you are trying different vape styles and finding something that tickles your fancy as well as rebuilding. Look forward to interacting with you.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to meet you as well. There are threads here for all walks of vaping.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Nice to meet you all :) So far its been a wonderful journey. So much to learn. I appreciate all the help VU members give to those starting out. I will have to check some of the threads out. I am currently resizing pictures because the forum doesn't like my phone camera pics, lol

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nice to meet you all :) So far its been a wonderful journey. So much to learn. I appreciate all the help VU members give to those starting out. I will have to check some of the threads out. I am currently resizing pictures because the forum doesn't like my phone camera pics, lol
For pics I have a free account on imgur.com and then post the link in here. No need to resize those since they are hosted elsewhere. For example:
4mRl6K9.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use tapatalk instead of web for the forum. Let's me upload straight from my phone.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome aboard! We can all relate to the obsession, that's for sure (my office looks like a vape shop :giggle:) Don't look for anyone here to talk you down from the ledge, we're all enablers....LOL!!

For pics I have a free account on imgur.com and then post the link in here. No need to resize those since they are hosted elsewhere. For example:
thank you for that, I will have to look. I apologize if this doesn't work the way its supposed to. I am not well versed on forum posting yet!!

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You'll get the hang of it quickly. It's not a lunatic-nazi environment like others we've fled.

Good folks here, plenty of topic-threads. Good support and advice - and enough idjits to make you roll yer eyes ;-)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks a lot!

by the way, I don’t know where exactly I read that squonking devives can explode? I have no clue whether this is right or wrong, can you explain more how it works out of your personal experience?

Think that goes back to so many squonk mods being mech - all mechs have the potential to vent the battery if misused, squonk or not

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks a lot!

by the way, I don’t know where exactly I read that squonking devives can explode? I have no clue whether this is right or wrong, can you explain more how it works out of your personal experience?
They are no more likely to explode than any other device. You just need to use quality batteries and build coils that the batteries can handle. That is true for any device, squonk or not.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mechs are easier to work with than people
think. Ohms law isn't hard to understand but it does worry me that so many people got the pulse when it came out an knew nothing about mechs. If they are asking questions on forums they shouldn't be using one!

Rasha said: ↑
Thanks a lot!

Any device can be dangerous if not used correctly or appropriate safety measures aren't used. I happen to really like the mechanical side of vaping now that I've ready up on battery safety and ohms law. Please do not let those words discourage you. Do all the reading that you can and only use those devices when you have the knowledge and confidence to do so. I'm sure you will find many members here at VU that will be able to provide friendly advice and help:cheers:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
think. Ohms law isn't hard to understand but it does worry me that so many people got the pulse when it came out an knew nothing about mechs. If they are asking questions on forums they shouldn't be using one!
If they are asking questions that is good. They should wait to buy or use a mech of any kind until they understand the replies to the questions and have a solid understanding of Ohm's Law and battery safety.

Rasha

Member For 1 Year
Think that goes back to so many squonk mods being mech - all mechs have the potential to vent the battery if misused, squonk or not

I see! isn’t squonking as good as RDA ? or still it has thicker and tastier flavour?

Rasha

Member For 1 Year
They are no more likely to explode than any other device. You just need to use quality batteries and build coils that the batteries can handle. That is true for any device, squonk or not.

Aha and what does it make it different from RDA?

Rasha

Member For 1 Year

yes I agree.. I haven’t bought a vape yet, I wanna understand how it operates well before getting one

Rasha

Member For 1 Year
Any device can be dangerous if not used correctly or appropriate safety measures aren't used. I happen to really like the mechanical side of vaping now that I've ready up on battery safety and ohms law. Please do not let those words discourage you. Do all the reading that you can and only use those devices when you have the knowledge and confidence to do so. I'm sure you will find many members here at VU that will be able to provide friendly advice and help:cheers:

No not discouraged at all.. I signed up here to understand more about vaping since google couldn’t answer all my questions

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Squonking is definitely as good as dripping yeah and more convienient for on the go. I got sick of dripping in public!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I see! isn’t squonking as good as RDA ? or still it has thicker and tastier flavour?
Obviously it greatly depends. If everyone thought squonking is better than dripping, the vast majority of RDAs would come with a squonk pin already installed in it by default, but 5 minutes of walking around in a vape shop that is selling multiple newly designed RDAs will teach you the opposite holds true to date.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks a lot!

I have absolutely no experience squonking, never tried it. But if any mod is going to "explode," it's usually a battery issue and user error.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!! Congrats on kicking the stinkies!
We have a great Squonk section here.
That’s my go to for on the road. Either a hadaly or goon on a Mech Squonker.

Edit to add:
Mods don’t explode, batteries do.
Keep your mod clean, batteries in good Shape, build within battery limits and keep unused batteries in cases

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome Tami great to have you join

:vino:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have absolutely no experience squonking, never tried it. But if any mod is going to "explode," it's usually a battery issue and user error.

Really? It's a great way to get through the 40 gallons of juice you probably have in your closet. Tanks just don't work fast enough. ;)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I look at all my RTAs just sitting there, I almost feel bad. Then I hit my squonk and I'm happy.

Have to keep an eye open for the thief's though................................

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just might feel better about them if they did disappear. I'd have to check my son's room if they did.

Damn you find them in the most unexpected places and friends for years rob you of a small insignificant amount but still you say WTF? Really?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My name is Tami. I have been off "stinkies" now for 4 months thanks to the joys of vaping! I have smoked off and on for 40 years. I have been reading these forums for a few months now but never posted.
I work in the medical field and it really wasn't an easy task to sneak off and have a smoke in my environment. I smoked because quite frankly, I liked it. Hindsight is 20/20 and now I can't believe that my hair, clothes and car smelled like an ashtray. Amazing how we don't notice these things when we smoke.

My first experience was on a whim. I happened to pick up a Juul at the gas station and thought I'd give it a whirl. Of course that was not enough when I discovered the limited flavor selection of the pods. Next I tried refilling the Juul pods....gotta love the internet. That was messy and I quickly tired of it. Almost went back to smoking out of frustration. Then I walked into a Vape Shop. Bought an Ego AIO, then in quick succession a Sourin Drop, a Pico 21700, a Nunchaku.....the list keeps going on.

It wasn't long before I was buying wire and cotton and building coils for my RTA's and RDA's. Next came mechanical mods and finally squonking.....I am in love with squonking :)

I am pleased to meet all of you!!!
Glad you're here @TamiTiger! I like to here stories like this. I hope to see you around. When you're ready to make your own juice, the DIY section is full of great folks to learn from.

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congratulations and Welcome to VU

VU Sponsors