Become a Patron!

New dovpo istick-alike

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
https://m.fasttech.com/p/2170700
Surprised no one posted this yet. For those of us still using smaller boxes and lower wattage and who don't care about replaceable batteries, curious to see how accurate the chip is on this one. Everything else seems like a winner to me.

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I find it strange but this forum seems to be very wattage-centric. You don't see many posts for boxes that are under 50 watts. I come here less lately since I decided that 30 watts is the max that I want. That said, I am watching the DovPo to see how it gets reviewed.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Alot of folks are, but there are also a good number of us that still run in the 6-15 watt range such as myself. I think with us we're not always looking for the next big thing because we're fine with what we use. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I find it strange but this forum seems to be very wattage-centric. You don't see many posts for boxes that are under 50 watts. I come here less lately since I decided that 30 watts is the max that I want. That said, I am watching the DovPo to see how it gets reviewed.
You do realize that a 50 watt mod will also vape at 30 watts right? You don't have to limit yourself to 30 watt mods just because you only want to vape at 30 watts.

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I realize that. I bought a Sig 100 and an IPV2. To me, they were a waste of time as I was not using them to their potential as I never vape over 15-16 watts. Tried sub-ohming and did not like it. So I gave them away to my son and decided that I would stick to 20-30 watt devices. It did reduce looking for the "next big thing" which was good. I have a cloupor mini, sig mini, a couple of mvp20s and an mvp3. Not much traction on those devices on VU. ECF seems to have more threads about the devices that I am interested in. I like VU but since I decided to stick to the lower wattage device, I find that there is not many threads that I want to participate in. Any thread on lower wattage devices just doesn't sustain itself on VU.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
LOTS of us use mvp2s, we just don't talk about em much cuz there's really not much to say, they just flat work. Lots of folks still praise their vtrs as well, and one day I may buy one if the price is right.

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have 2 mvp2s and a vtr that I have had for over a year. They all still work but I don't use them much. I really like Innokin for their quality.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And there is nothing wrong with having a 15-20 watt mod and enjoying it. I just don't understand giving away 100 watt mods because you only like vaping 20 watts or less when those mods also vape 20 watts or less. I've got a 110 watt box mod that right now has a Kayfun Undead sitting on it that is 1.2 ohms and I'm vaping it at 20 watts. Not my norm, mind you, but I do enjoy that vape from time to time. Hell, I have a truck that will run 120 mph but most of the time I'm driving around town at 30-50 mph. I never thought about selling it and getting a car that only does 50 mph.

As per reviews and threads getting traction, the higher watt mods will do that because they appeal to a wider range of users. Those who like 10-15 watts can use and enjoy them, and those who like 110-115 watts can as well.

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I hated the weight of the Sig 100. It was nicely built and I liked the battery life. I used it in the house but would never take it out with me. My son wanted one so I sent him mine. He sub-ohms and can make use of it. Figured he could use the 50 watt IPV2 more than I did. I had bought a Cloupor mini and my first MVP20 and I preferred the size of them. After that, I decided that I would stick with the lower watt devices. Fit my style better.

Ian91

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It was after that decision when I realized that there were not much in the way of continuing threads on VU for smaller devices. This was becoming my forum of choice up until then but now I am back to using ECF more. There seems to be a lot more threads for lower wattage devices. No idea why that would be.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've got an IPV mini (30 watt) and a NexGen Futura (DNA 30) and I like those for use with Kayfuns and the like. They are easier to pocket and carry around too. Only reason I got the 30 watt mini instead of the 70 is a single 18650 mod isn't practical at 70 watts and I like the size better than the Futura for carrying around.
TT

VU Sponsors