Become a Patron!

New Crown 3 coils

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys. I've ordered a crown 3 tank after discovering they've released some low wattage coils. The only thing stopping me from purchasing one in the past was the required 90ish watts. I think these new ones are 45-65 ish range. They're made of kanthal has anyone tried them yet? Any good?

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No. Why on earth would I give up stainless for Kanthal?

The C3 has been my ADV since it came out and I'm here to tell ya...
Every word you've read about the Crown 3 requiring 90-120 watts is utter hogwash.

I run them at 65-70 watts and they're delishimus! The only 'downside' is imo the .5 coils require a dual battery mod.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hmm. I plan on testing the two original coils that come with was just wondering if my dual samsung 25R's could handle them at the recommended wattage and above...I'm not a high wattage vaper. But I want the best experience with the tank and coils.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a great tank Matty, IMO the best tank out there. It was definitely an innovative step forward in tank design.

The "recommended" max wattage is 70-80 watts for the .5 and 80-90 for the .25.
But there ain't no rule that says you need to go even that high...
Start at 55 or 60 watts on the .5 and work your way to your comfort zone. Don't forget to wet the coils first.
A dual batt mod will drive either coil head fine...

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a great tank Matty, IMO the best tank out there. It was definitely an innovative step forward in tank design.

The "recommended" max wattage is 70-80 watts for the .5 and 80-90 for the .25.
But there ain't no rule that says you need to go even that high...
Start at 55 or 60 watts on the .5 and work your way to your comfort zone. Don't forget to wet the coils first.
A dual batt mod will drive either coil head fine...
Nice.. Yeah alot of controversy about the uwell coils. Some say they need more power than recommended to shine and some say no need to even hit the recommended wattage. I'll have all three to experiment with. I'm confident i'll enjoy the new tank with any of them so I'm pumped. Going to retire this old TFV4 micro once and for all lol

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My advice is forget what anybody "says" and start low with a (well primed) .5 head. Most of the controversy was re the C2 heads, not the C3.
The SS heads are fantastic. They break in fast... Mine have lasted from 5-10 days, depending on the juice.
Clean out a spot in the drawer... the TFV4 will be retiring soon. :bliss:

PS... That number on the box is the recommended max wattage.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 4 c3 tanks , have .5 and .25 coils , prefer the .25 , I run them all day every day at 45w on a DNA 75 and get 3 to 4 weeks on A coil , lowest one was 3 weeks and have had 5 weeks pass and changed because my adv is a cinnamon cereal and really gunks up a coil . I haven't tried the kanthal ones yet but I will look for some now . I have ran the .5 coils and ran them at 55 w with no issue and great clouds and flavor , I have heard the (you need high wattage on a crown to make it shine ) I tried ....3 -4 days and was changing coils . I have multiple og crown tanks , 4 se1 tanks and coils for days ..except for a batch of bad og coils I have had very good luck . Try it out at 45 and see how you like it , the c3 does not need massive power to shine ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well this is all good news to me. Damn youtube reviewers lol :D
Huh! :gaah:
There's a thread here somewhere too. 'My Crown 3 vapes great at 90-110 watts'....:eek: nya nya nya.
...uhh huh, sure it does...
After reading a few of those posts, I tried it. I jacked mine up to 95 watts and it was like vaping a sky-rocket after 3 puffs.:cuss2:
There is absolutely no way a C3 coilhead can keep up with the wicking speed necessary to support 90+ watts. jm .02

VU Sponsors