Become a Patron!

New Capella Flavors.......... Any Reviews?

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was looking at this one:
http://www.bullcityvapor.com/golden-butter-cap/

I didn't find any of the old version of CAP Butter listed at BCV or ECX, maybe they discontinued it?
Yeah they are supposedly discontinuing the dangerous ones I believe

found a thread on another site stating
"Bull City lists it as possibly containing A/P because it's not on Capella's A/P status list yet, but I confirmed through their customer support email that it is A/P free, and Diacetyl free. Hopefully they'll update the A/P page of their site soon with the test results."

maybe BCV or Capella hasnt updated it yet?

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hazelnut is commonly used in "Cereal Recipes" to add some nutty or grainy effect, think it has some AP in it also.
FW Hazelnut is sweeter than others also, so it helps the Cereal mixes out a little more.
Usually works best in tandem with Creams & Vanillas.
FA Cookie also has some AP, as does INW Biscuit.
AP is also used to help with nutty part & sweetness, in low amounts of course.
FA Almond might work as a sub for the Hazelnut, close at least but not quite the same.
tried a clapton crunch with FA Hazelnut and it was too high at 1% it seemed to overpower everything....that and the recipe said AcPy @.75% which seems really high to me too and probably boosted the hazelnut flavor....Was going to try FA hazelnut @.25 and Ac Py (TPA) @.15%.....open to suggestions:cool:
Edit:realizing the cookie also plays a role in boosting that flavor.....quite a strong combo the three of those make together

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
tried a clapton crunch with FA Hazelnut and it was too high at 1% it seemed to overpower everything....that and the recipe said AcPy @.75% which seems really high to me too and probably boosted the hazelnut flavor....Was going to try FA hazelnut @.25 and Ac Py (TPA) @.15%.....open to suggestions:cool:
Edit:realizing the cookie also plays a role in boosting that flavor.....quite a strong combo the three of those make together

FA Hazelnut is stronger and more woody/raw than FW, which is why I used FW instead of FA.
AP seems to hit everyone a bit differently as some can't use any at all, but some are liking 2%
Sounds about right for you to try 2-3 drops of each in 15ml instead.
But I suspect it may be more related to the Hazelnut than the AP.
I can't go higher than 1% with AP or things start getting weird.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FA Hazelnut is stronger and more woody/raw than FW, which is why I used FW instead of FA.
AP seems to hit everyone a bit differently as some can't use any at all, but some are liking 2%
Sounds about right for you to try 2-3 drops of each in 15ml instead.
But I suspect it may be more related to the Hazelnut than the AP.
I can't go higher than 1% with AP or things start getting weird.
I totally misread that and when I saw waynes recipe I thought you were suggesting the same so I ordered FA lol....it happens but its not a bad flavor to have around and would prob fit well with a lot of bakery flavorings I have so no biggie. Does FWs have warnings? I put it on the list it seems like it would help with the sweetner aspect of milky recipes too since I havent been using any lately

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I totally misread that and when I saw waynes recipe I thought you were suggesting the same so I ordered FA lol....it happens but its not a bad flavor to have around and would prob fit well with a lot of bakery flavorings I have so no biggie. Does FWs have warnings? I put it on the list it seems like it would help with the sweetner aspect of milky recipes too since I havent been using any lately

Just has a warning about Acetoin 0.995%.

It just goes so well with MIlk/Dairy for Cereal types and it is sweeter than the FA anyhow.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There is a more recent FW 'Creamy Hazelnut', but it's not the one you're referring to nor the one seen in most recipes. The one seen in most recipes is the one in the link you posted. I actually have the creamy one, but haven't tried it yet.
I am interested in all hazelnut flavors so any news about few hazelnut vs. FL creamy hazelnut is much appreciated! Along with the sweetening and cereal enhancing uses mentioned already, few hazelnut is a great coffee flavoring! 3 or 4 drops in a cup o Joe is awesome!
This is my first post from android.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used berry crunch with cheesecake graham(really trying to clone bluebird, its one of my favs) and it seems it has a hazelnut taste by itself a bit no?
I think that maybe the same flavoring is used to create Graham as well as hazelnut.
?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I used berry crunch with cheesecake graham(really trying to clone bluebird, its one of my favs) and it seems it has a hazelnut taste by itself a bit no?

I suspect that Berry Crunch has some AP built into it already, being a cereal type.
At least that's what I taste anyway, but it may even have some Hazelnut IDK.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Strawberry taffy
Cereal 27(described as" butter and brown sugar crunchy goodness")

Test batch of CAP Strawberry Taffy @ 5% flavoring, 40/60vg and aged for 5 days. I wasn't getting enough flavor from it at 5%. Strawberry seems hard for me to taste as it is, but as a single flavor I'd probably start at 8-10%. I taste a sort of candy type berry, but it's very light tasting to me. It smells better than it tastes at least at the % I used. I'm not so sure I'll be that impressed with it, but Strawberry is hard for me as I said.

Test batch of CAP Cereal 27 @ 5% flavoring, 40/60vg and aged for 5 days. The first thing that came to mind was Cheerios. No sugar or milk... almost just like eating dry unsweetened Cheerios. I don't think this would make a good stand alone flavor unless you love eating dry Cheerios, but in mixes I think it could be very useful. There's a dry graininess to. I'll have to try playing with it and mix it with some other flavors. I'm more excited about this one than the Strawberry Taffy.

Last edited:

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am interested in all hazelnut flavors so any news about few hazelnut vs. FL creamy hazelnut is much appreciated! Along with the sweetening and cereal enhancing uses mentioned already, few hazelnut is a great coffee flavoring! 3 or 4 drops in a cup o Joe is awesome!
This is my first post from android.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
FW HAZELNUT WOWWW.....yeah why did DIY or DIE site say use FA that made that recipe way to AP like to stand....FW Hazel is sweet and adds a really nice effect even low %s thanks @Heabob ......I also got creamy Hazel FW and I have to find a recipe to use it in higher amounts to get a better taste of it. Will update on that but it doesnt quite seem as good as the regular one did to me in the first couple I tried adding it to but could just be a bit different or weaker.

Jimmy1life

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im new to site but have been throwing stuff togeather saving loot for few years now vaped tobaccos for 3 years now im on to all the flavors lol
Any one try Lemon Meringue Pie V2 its one ive searched around for but just dont find much of any info on the V2 anyways just hoping it goes well with some FA vienna cream and Fa lemon sicily both around 1% with the Cap LMP at about 4.5ish %

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im new to site but have been throwing stuff togeather saving loot for few years now vaped tobaccos for 3 years http://www.bullcityvapor.com/lemon-meringue-pie-v2-cap/now im on to all the flavors lol
Any one try Lemon Meringue Pie V2 its one ive searched around for but just dont find much of any info on the V2 anyways just hoping it goes well with some FA vienna cream and Fa lemon sicily both around 1% with the Cap LMP at about 4.5ish %
http://www.bullcityvapor.com/lemon-meringue-pie-v2-cap/ IN STOCK
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/20867 REVIEWS

looks good so far....definitely going on my list!
OH and pretty sure theres a BCV coupon code around here somewhere?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
i got jelly candy and hibiscus, mixed up some yesterday, I'll report back in a week and let you know when it's done steeping

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got blueberry jam which is very much like a real jar of blueberry preserves, sweet and jammy! haha.....Creamy & greek yogurt, jelly candy, strawberry taffy, golden butter, and pink lemonade which I am really loving! I think Golden butter is not a good one, it seems to be muting other flavors around it @ .5-1%.....anyone else have similar experiences with it?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Jimmy1life

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright few tested and my opinions on um.
-Lemon Meringue Pie V2 Straight up @ 5% Max vg 3 day steep to me its graham cracker crust flavor so strong i don't even get the lemon lol and that will or can make this much more versatile in recipes already thinking Fa Fuji and this is gonna rock.
-Honeydew melon very good maybe ill add dash of sweetner but kinda reminds me of candy apples if that helps it is a refreshing vape I need to play with percentages and steeping and adding others. when ones good its on for me getting to the point where i dont want any juices from a vendor and just all around better mixes since I been all over web reading and taking in all the good and bad info.

ThatFrigginBlondeGirl

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cereal 27 is so good, like the yellow pieces in capn crunch (just no berries) or an unfrosted flake cereal. I have used it in my last few recipes. New Marshmallow...... Thats a different story, it tastes like kerosene and smells like it as well. I should have gotten regular marshmallow. I ruined my Fluffy Pie recipe with that crap. My Fluffy Pie tastes like aerosol hairspray now. Now I have to make a new batch with TPA.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Cereal 27 is so good, like the yellow pieces in capn crunch (just no berries) or an unfrosted flake cereal. I have used it in my last few recipes. New Marshmallow...... Thats a different story, it tastes like kerosene and smells like it as well. I should have gotten regular marshmallow. I ruined my Fluffy Pie recipe with that crap. My Fluffy Pie tastes like aerosol hairspray now. Now I have to make a new batch with TPA.

Are you using the Cereal 27 stand alone or in a mix?
Funny I've had that one for awhile now and forgot what I was gonna use it for:rolleyes:.

Luckily I've still got some of the Old Marshmallow.
But FA & TFA are both pretty good too.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am a big Caps cake batter fan and Im looking for a good NO WARNING replacement. If you dont like this flavor or dont have it, dont ask me to explain it lol I cant figure it out but at 2-3 drops per 30 ml it has done so many wonders for different mixes and I hate to see it go but know its gonna happen. Also anyone know if Choc. Fudge Brownie V2 is a coil clogger? Just got it and its SUPER dark and smells really strong!

Also just got caps funnel cake and WOW does it smell amazing, just like the real thing!

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please let us know what you think about that one after testing, as its one I don't have yet and it sounded interesting:D.
Tastes like it smells!!! Dont ever mix single flavors but I figured why not right?......mixed at 4% Its a tad light but a very easily distinguishable fried dough with mounds of powdered sugar...I saw some comments that it fades a bit a week or so after mixing(will update) but as far as accuracy of description its on point. I can see this and caps glazed making a MEAN powdered doughnut! I can definitely see this going with a TON of bakery mixes, long as the loss of potency isnt too bad I can live with that....... doesnt seem to be a coil clogger either(kinda important for me:p)

Last edited:

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
caps funnel cake
MAJOR Flavor loss even after only 3 days of mixing at 2-4% by itself and to other flavors around it! I am SO disappointed man I REALLY like this flavor. It seems to turn into a stale funnel cake and the confectioners sugar fades then the dough gets a stale and light flavor too......cant wait for V2, they were on the right track I guess. IF you wanna vape funnel cakes make a small batch and use it in the fist day or so you will love it, otherwise dont waste your money.....(if you havent already! lOl sorry:facepalm:)

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not really sure how long any of these have been out but the site has a list of new flavors to check out........http://www.capellaflavors.com/
The listed ones are
-Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
-Jelly Candy
-Bavarian Cream
-Vanilla Whipped Cream
-Greek Yogurt
-New York Cheesecake V2
-Butter Cream
-Creamy Yogurt
-Blueberry Jam

If you know of any others or have any reviews or opinions about them please share. I know I am excited to try a few I see already, anyone else?
------UPDATE------
OOOOO man here they go AGAIN!!!
NEW CAPS FLAVORS: Just saw these for the first time today
Pink Lemonade
Strawberry taffy
Cereal 27(described as" butter and brown sugar crunchy goodness")
Popcorn V2
Dose the jelly candy have any flavor or jusr mimic the candy. Vanilla bean ice cream or vanilla ice cream your thoughts.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dose the jelly candy have any flavor or jusr mimic the candy. Vanilla bean ice cream or vanilla ice cream your thoughts.
I dont have a lot of experience with jelly candy yet just a couple mixes....Only Ice creams I have are vanilla swirl and Vanilla bean Gelato(which I am not a fan of at all) but I hear wonderful things about caps VBIC and it has no warnings....... @Heabob is more experienced than I and probably has tried Jelly candy stand alone, also gave a helpful comparison of TPA and CAP VBIC's here...
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vanilla-bean-ice-cream-cap-vs-tfa.250401/

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dont have a lot of experience with jelly candy yet just a couple mixes....Only Ice creams I have are vanilla swirl and Vanilla bean Gelato(which I am not a fan of at all) but I hear wonderful things about caps VBIC and it has no warnings....... @Heabob is more experienced than I and probably has tried Jelly candy stand alone, also gave a helpful comparison of TPA and CAP VBIC's here...
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vanilla-bean-ice-cream-cap-vs-tfa.250401/
Candies is pretty much all iam vaping at the moment. Maybe it was just late that night and was dreaming but I thought I seen a jelly peach ring candy.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Candies is pretty much all iam vaping at the moment. Maybe it was just late that night and was dreaming but I thought I seen a jelly peach ring candy.
It kind of reminds me of those cheap Dots-like candies, granulated sugary outside and sweet chewy gummy center and I didnt get too much of a particular flavor.....also didnt try it solo....Its good though! I wanna try sweedish gummy as well its in a lotta candy recipes I have seen

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It kind of reminds me of those cheap Dots-like candies, granulated sugary outside and sweet chewy gummy center and I didnt get too much of a particular flavor.....also didnt try it solo....Its good though! I wanna try sweedish gummy as well its in a lotta candy recipes I have seen
I have done a swidish fish three flavor recipe pretty good. And as a kid hated those gummy fruit candy that was dipped in sugar. But iam trying to find a recipe now call me weird. Have you seen strawberry jell its like the stuff in a strawberry shortcake pie filling?

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have done a swidish fish three flavor recipe pretty good. And as a kid hated those gummy fruit candy that was dipped in sugar. But iam trying to find a recipe now call me weird. Have you seen strawberry jell its like the stuff in a strawberry shortcake pie filling?
I was not a fan either but I think the sugary gummy effect will come in handy DIYing in general......Also some flavors shock me and I actually like them when I dont eat them at all, so you never know! Strawberry jell(y?) sounds great is that a new one? I enjoy CAP blueberry jam at lower %s backing other blueberries but its a bit TOO preserve like for me in higher %s....could definitely see it making a good blueberry pie though

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was not a fan either but I think the sugary gummy effect will come in handy DIYing in general......Also some flavors shock me and I actually like them when I dont eat them at all, so you never know! Strawberry jell(y?) sounds great is that a new one? I enjoy CAP blueberry jam at lower %s backing other blueberries but its a bit TOO preserve like for me in higher %s....could definitely see it making a good blueberry pie though
Iam taking notes so blueberry jam would definitely be bakery. The strawberry it was talked about on pod cast just for a second. No good info on it was just said new flavor and was like pie filling its like the kind you find in bag squeeze it out has no strawberries or pieces just smooth thick filling. Blueberry candy works good with othet fruits its not bad. Any thoughts on cherry ?

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Iam taking notes so blueberry jam would definitely be bakery. The strawberry it was talked about on pod cast just for a second. No good info on it was just said new flavor and was like pie filling its like the kind you find in bag squeeze it out has no strawberries or pieces just smooth thick filling. Blueberry candy works good with othet fruits its not bad. Any thoughts on cherry ?
Blueberry candy tasted good but KILLED my coils lol....I use lower %s and no sweeteners though so my tastes are a bit less forgiving....My first cherry is Natural cherry by FW and its great so far, very prominent and tasty even around 1% in a mix( I have been loving most all the natural FW line and I was not a fan of FW before). I also heard great things about medicine flowers cherry but its pricey stuff. I think cherry is tough one to find the right vape flavoring for(if I remember researching correctly lol) even the top used cherry flavorings on ELR dont have 5star ratings....seems like black cherry was more of a success for a lot of them

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Blueberry candy tasted good but KILLED my coils lol....I use lower %s and no sweeteners though so my tastes are a bit less forgiving....My first cherry is Natural cherry by FW and its great so far, very prominent and tasty even around 1% in a mix( I have been loving most all the natural FW line and I was not a fan of FW before). I also heard great things about medicine flowers cherry but its pricey stuff. I think cherry is tough one to find the right vape flavoring for(if I remember researching correctly lol) even theed cherry flavorings on ELR dont have 5star ratings....seems like black cherry was more of a success for a lot of them
Alright getting some info if I dont have to get fw I dont. Medicine blossom cherry stuff seen that before. I have cherry kool aid recipe in a note witch I cant find but tt has black cherry.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright getting some info if I dont have to get fw I dont. Medicine blossom cherry stuff seen that before. I have cherry kool aid recipe in a note witch I cant find but tt has black cherry.
It sucks but anybody wanting to boycott an entire line of flavorings will likely miss out on some great ones.....Every company has their strong suits but if you dont do your research on the flavors you buy, you will easily end up wasting money no matter the vendor.....IMO anyways

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I like the CAP Jelly Candy at 5-6%, it's a bit different than others I've tried, but too hard for me to describe.
Both TFA VBIC & CAP VBIC are great IMO, and I even mix them together sometimes.

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It sucks but anybody wanting to boycott an entire line of flavorings will likely miss out on some great ones.....Every company has their strong suits but if you dont do your research on the flavors you buy, you will easily end up wasting money no matter the vendor.....IMO anyways
What works for me my buddy has a sickness called over spending. So make a trip to his place its like a flavor bar.

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like the CAP Jelly Candy at 5-6%, it's a bit different than others I've tried, but too hard for me to describe.
Iam try ask this right is hard typing and not talking. Is it more of a flavor enhancer or dose it make the feel like candy?

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for chiming in ......and now I GOTTA try jelly candy solo lol

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Iam try ask this right is hard typing and not talking. Is it more of a flavor enhancer or dose it make the feel like candy?

Oh it's more like candy than an enhancer so I'd consider it more of a main flavor, somewhat "fruit-ish".
Most enhancers don't work to good stand alone.
Don't think it really needs anything else, well maybe some sweetener if you like sweets.
Although it isn't really tart, but some sour might help make it so.
Or maybe a little FA Marshmallow for some body.
Cream or Vanilla Bean Ice Cream would even work with it IMO.

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh it's more like candy than an enhancer so I'd consider it more of a main flavor, somewhat "fruit-ish".
Most enhancers don't work to good stand alone.
Don't think it really needs anything else, well maybe some sweetener if you like sweets.
Although it isn't really tart, but some sour might help make it so.
Or maybe a little FA Marshmallow for some body.
Cream or Vanilla Bean Ice Cream would even work with it IMO.
I made a moon pie recipe called for em and marsh on sweetener. Pretty good me have made couple of times. I like using marsh and whipped cream together at times small percentage of each.

VU Sponsors