Become a Patron!

New California Underage Vaping Question!?!

BACKGROUND: California passed a law where you must be 21-years-old to purchase tobacco. Takes effect on June 9th. E-cigs/Juice/Mods are considered as tobacco so to vape legally I must be 21 now right!? So, I am 19 now, but I've been vaping since 15. I vape publicly now since I am of legal age, until now.

QUESTION:
What would be the punishment (if any) if I am caught vaping publicly now since i'm 19?

What are your suggestions for this abomination?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
would make sense to look up the laws in your location?
If you are 19, and Ca law says you must be 21....well??

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
that would certainly be a question for local authorities. outside of them, maybe contact a local retailer.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BACKGROUND: California passed a law where you must be 21-years-old to purchase tobacco. Takes effect on June 9th. E-cigs/Juice/Mods are considered as tobacco so to vape legally I must be 21 now right!? So, I am 19 now, but I've been vaping since 15. I vape publicly now since I am of legal age, until now.

QUESTION:
What would be the punishment (if any) if I am caught vaping publicly now since i'm 19?

The law is about selling to minors - in this case you must be 21! It's not illegal to vape at any age in California - yet!

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

QUESTION:

Welcome to VU
A white belt attempt in Google Fu easily shows it as a fined offense.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Handcuffs.gif

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Assuming this is a serious question, no - why would they do that? The only people exempt are those in the military!
Yes, it's a serious question! I chased the drinking age in the early 80's, and when they changed it from 19 to 21, those that age were grandfathered in!
The language "purchase only" seems defeating, since then they are still legal to possess and use at 18-20, no? Opens up a need to have to narc out the provider, if questioned!
They need to raise the age of the definition of adult age to 21 now, apparently, since the only thing they are able to do is vote now!
(!)provided reciprocally

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, it's a serious question! I chased the drinking age in the early 80's, and when they changed it from 19 to 21, those that age were grandfathered in!
The language "purchase only" seems defeating, since then they are still legal to possess and use at 18-20, no? Opens up a need to have to narc out the provider, if questioned!
They need to raise the age of the definition of adult age to 21 now, apparently, since the only thing they are able to do is vote now!
(!)provided reciprocally
Ah I hear you! I agree - my daughter can now vote, but she can't buy alcohol or 'tobacco' products. Oh yeah, she could probably get a 'medical' license for pot, and soon she'll be able to do it without (not that she wants to). Makes no sense to me. And, yes, they can use but not buy (hence all the fake IDs).

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
(!)provided reciprocally
Interesting. In my state, when they upped the age for 3.2% beer from 18 to 21, they didn't grandfather people in. So, many people who could buy it, suddenly couldn't any more.

I'd say track down a copy of the bill and read it. There's probably a mix of bad info out there regarding it, similar to when my state passed its texting and driving law. On the local news, they were making like any use of your smart phone, aside from a phone call, was illegal. The bill actually says, though, that using it for GPS and playing music is fine (even though those can be just as distracting, if not more so, especially with today's voice recog. for texting Vs. fumbling through your playlists or radio app stations list).

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
(!)provided reciprocally

Same here in Ohio. I was 19 the year they raised it to 21.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

QUESTION:

Make sure you and all your friends vote those assholes OUT of office, then get the hell out of that shithole police-nanny state....!

VU Sponsors