Become a Patron!

New BF & Never Going Back!

Nu2Ju

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never completely happy with tanks & decided to give BF a try. I had bought the Dead Rabbit to have for testing diy juice & loved it! I purchased the Vandy Vape Pulse, topped it with the Dead Rabbit & will never look back! I was a little apprehensive about a mechanical mod but haven't had any issues with it. I found it easy to judge the battery drop by quality of vape & just carry extra batteries for the day. I can't express how much I prefer it over a tank.

I just got a shipment notification on the pre-order for the Asmodus Lunar today. Now I just need to decide on a RDA to go with it. Trying to decide between a single or dual coil. I know a single coil DR is coming out but have also been looking at a Hadaly, Goon, Pulse & may just get a clone.

Thanks for all the info, tips & advice

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I came to that conclusion severl years ago and it's baffled me ever since why squonking hasn't taken over the world.
Not enough Nuppins! LOL In reality, it was the availability of mods, the fact that most people entering the vaping arena weren't ready to spend several hundreds on a mod. The Chinese invasion helped explode the vaping market and now the relatively inexpensive Chinese made squonks allow many to at least try squonking.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Not enough Nuppins! In reality, it was the availability of mods, the fact that most people entering the vaping arena weren't ready to spend several hundreds on a mod.
I never understood why a person that used to spend a couple of hundred a month on smokes wouldn't spend the same amount on a good mod that would last pretty much forever.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never understood why a person that used to spend a couple of hundred a month on smokes wouldn't spend the same amount on a good mod that would last pretty much forever.
It may be because, like myself, when we tried the first vape didn't know if it will work in alleviating the cravings and spending $100 to find out was more feasible than $300. Even in today's market, a well made squonk mod runs into hundreds ( CC, BAM, Pinches, SV ) there are more but the afore mentioned are the ones I'm familiar with. What I don't understand is paying hundreds for a 3D printed box. I guess it is a matter of availability and perceived value.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It may be because, like myself, when we tried the first vape didn't know if it will work in alleviating the cravings and spending $100 to find out was more feasible than $300.
Sure, for someone who does't yet know that vaping can replace smoking, I agree completely. In mid-December of 2013, I spent around $100 on an eGo-style starter kit and tobacco-flavor juice sample kit from Halo. That kit took me from 40 a day to four the first full day I was using it, two the next day, and then just one for the next couple of days. On day five, I drove an hour through a snow storm to what was then closest vape shop, and my attitude was: Cost is no object. Sell me stuff that will get me over that last cigarette hump. I think I spent $200 that day, but it worked; in the four years since, I've only had one cigarette, which I didn't finish, and that was a deliberate "science experiment".

Trouble with the stuff I bought on day 5 is that it clearly wasn't "forever" gear, and when the FDA's Dooming Regs were announced a few months later, I set out to acquire gear that would last a lifetime. I used to spend darn near $100 a week on my cigarette habit, and you can buy a lot of quality stuff on that kind of budget. :D

FWIW, I'm done now. The only thing I expect to need for the rest of my life is some fresh 18650s every few years.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never completely happy with tanks & decided to give BF a try. I had bought the Dead Rabbit to have for testing diy juice & loved it! I purchased the Vandy Vape Pulse, topped it with the Dead Rabbit & will never look back! I was a little apprehensive about a mechanical mod but haven't had any issues with it. I found it easy to judge the battery drop by quality of vape & just carry extra batteries for the day. I can't express how much I prefer it over a tank.

I just got a shipment notification on the pre-order for the Asmodus Lunar today. Now I just need to decide on a RDA to go with it. Trying to decide between a single or dual coil. I know a single coil DR is coming out but have also been looking at a Hadaly, Goon, Pulse & may just get a clone.

Thanks for all the info, tips & advice
Get a single coil rda the greatest

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nu2Ju

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sure, for someone who does't yet know that vaping can replace smoking, I agree completely. In mid-December of 2013, I spent around $100 on an eGo-style starter kit and tobacco-flavor juice sample kit from Halo.

FWIW, I'm done now. The only thing I expect to need for the rest of my life is some fresh 18650s every few years.

Basically same here. I hit a wall in trying to quit smoking and decided to try vaping. I too spent several hundred dollars to get to where I am now & I don't regret a single dollar spent trying to find what works for me. I also spent a chunk getting supplies to diy juice & don't regret a dime of it either. Now with rda & making my own juice I have dropped my vaping cost to bare minimum which will free up funds for wants: higher class mods & rdas.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never say never !!! I have had 3 different squonkers and loved squonking especially that first hit right after squonking. After selling my squonkers, I will probably buy one of the new 200watt regulated squonk mods but my regulated mod with a RTA will still be my EDV because I like the consistency of every hit being the same and having good flavor. Good Luck with your journey and I hope you stay with it.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you liked the DR, you probably won't be a fan of the hadaly. It has a more restricted air flow. Pulse 22 is fantastic and cheap now. Haku clone is also an excellent single coil RSA for under $20... actually I think now under $15 at 3fvape.

IMO you are better off with a fancy single coil in a smaller deck RSA when running a single cell mod. Mech or regulated.

Pick up a spool of 3x28/36 tri core fused SS clapton from advanced vape supply and 4 wraps around a 3mm jig in the above mentioned RSA's will produce thick juicy clouds that will rival (or exceed) any dual coil atty you've tried while drawing less amperage from your battery.

Last edited:

Nu2Ju

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you liked the DR, you probably won't be a fan of the hadaly. It has a more restricted air flow. Pulse 22 is fantastic and cheap now. Haku clone is also an excellent single coil RSA for under $20... actually I think now under $15 at 3fvape.

IMO you are better off with a fancy single coil in a smaller deck RSA when running a single cell mod. Mech or regulated.

Pick up a spool of 3x28/36 tri core fused SS clapton from advanced vape supply and 4 wraps around a 3mm jig in the above mentioned RSA's will produce thick juicy clouds that will rival (or exceed) any dual coil atty you've tried while drawing less amperage from your battery.

I am wanting a single coil. New DR sq, Entheon clone & NaRda clone are all in my list. I considered the Pulse 22. I may get several since some authentic ones are cheap & clones are dirt cheap.

Any thoughts on the Entheon or NaRda? Thanks

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most people seem to like the entheon and the newer narca is supposed to be easier to build on than narda but I can't say as I don't have either. I'm sure others will comment.

Pulse 22 is a really good RSA that can take a big over squonk without juice draining out of the air ports. Great chamber well suited for single coil, super easy to build on and great flavor.

Haku is my favorite for right now right now but I'm sure other attys will take it's spot later later.

Last edited:

Nu2Ju

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Most people seem to like the entheon and the newer narca is supposed to be easier to build on than narda but I can't say as I don't have either. I'm sure others will comment.

Pulse 22 is a really good RSA that can take a big over squonk without juice draining out of the air ports. Great chamber well suited for single coil, super easy to build on and great flavor.

Haku is my favorite for right now right now but I'm sure other attys will take it's spot later later.

Thanks for the info. My son just ordered me a Pulse 22 for Christmas. I'm going to put it on the Luna & use the DR for dripping on the Revenger. I may keep the Pulse squonk or maybe not. I really like the Luna better perhaps even enough to buy a second one to go with the DR sq that I am waiting on in the blacked out version.

VU Sponsors