Become a Patron!

New Android juice calculator - Request for comments

StarSight

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all, I've just put out the first public release of a e-juice calculator/logger that I developed. I'd love to hear some comments or critiques on its usefulness. I'm working on an update that'll include the option to mix by weight and will clean up the flavouring section a bit. I also plan on including a coil builder tool but that is a ways off.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

It's called Vape Tools and it's free at Google Play:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.starsight.vapetools
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.starsight.vapetools

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks well organized for its first version I would say very good work.

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very nice. I am gonna make a suggestion and this is only from a quick glance. I don't know if this ability exists in the app already and I missed it but a way to set defaults for things like nic base and some target values. But all in all very nice I might actually start using this one instead of the one I have.

Tansi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Definitely going to download and take a closer look, seems to have some nice features :)

Sent from my crappy
iPhone using Tapatalk ^.~

StarSight

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Very nice. I am gonna make a suggestion and this is only from a quick glance. I don't know if this ability exists in the app already and I missed it but a way to set defaults for things like nic base and some target values. But all in all very nice I might actually start using this one instead of the one I have.
That would be a handy feature. I had been using it for a while before I released it so the defaults that are there now are what I typically use. Perhaps I could have it save the last values used as a preference for target amounts and nic base.

I just downloaded it and only played with the recipe piece. Not sure I would use the other pieces. Here are a couple of suggestions:

1) It would be nice to be able to copy a recipe. I entered a Strawberries and Cream recipe twice because I have one set to max VG for dripping and one for 30/70 (PG/VG) for my tanks. This recipe only has 3 flavors, but it would make it a lot easier to copy it, rename it and change the values instead of having to enter the flavors each time. Especially on recipes with a lot of flavors.

2) Ability to sort the recipes within each category. I prefer my most used recipes at the top.

3) Maybe add an Exit button

You already said you were going to add weights. That would be great as I mix by weight. I think you have a nice little app here.

StarSight

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just downloaded it and only played with the recipe piece. Not sure I would use the other pieces. Here are a couple of suggestions:

1) It would be nice to be able to copy a recipe. I entered a Strawberries and Cream recipe twice because I have one set to max VG for dripping and one for 30/70 (PG/VG) for my tanks. This recipe only has 3 flavors, but it would make it a lot easier to copy it, rename it and change the values instead of having to enter the flavors each time. Especially on recipes with a lot of flavors.

2) Ability to sort the recipes within each category. I prefer my most used recipes at the top.

3) Maybe add an Exit button

You already said you were going to add weights. That would be great as I mix by weight. I think you have a nice little app here.
Thanks for the suggestions and I'm glad you like the app!

I think #1 would be real useful and not too hard to implement. I'll try get it into the next update. #2 is sort of implemented now... the recipes sort by star rating then name then date. I'll see if I can come up with a way to choose sorting options... perhaps setting a preference.

My to-do list is getting kind of long so it may be a couple weeks before I get the next update out.

VU Sponsors