Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/...e-detects-both-vaping-and-bullying-in-schools

"FlySense is an AI cloud-based platform with Wi-Fi sensors that can detect and send alerts with vaping or sounds associated with bullying are detected. Because it is sensor based, it can go into bathrooms, locker rooms, and other areas where cameras for monitoring are not allowed. It is a deep neural net that was trained and calibrated with proprietary data. The latest version, called the FlySense 255, supports 5 GHz Wi-Fi and is able to detect dangerous Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) that are present when vape pens and e-cigarettes are used. The machine learning is an evolutionary algorithm that learns in real-time updates sent over the cloud hosted on AWS. Monitors can report false positive alerts that will instantaneously be input into the AI machine learning solution either over a web portal, using a smartphone app, or by email."

This is just fucking scary.
An AI that detects vaping and bullying.

What could go wrong?

Every fat kid that wheezes is going to get popped for vaping.
The rest of the school which is full of horseplay and joking around will get popped for bullying.

Meanwhile, outside in the parking lot a group of kids will be vaping while live streaming 2 kids beating the shit out of each other.:giggle:

So nothing will change.

Last edited:

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
That just reminds me off that robot thing in robocop. Not the robocop the other thing that kills the board member. Still a little way from one of those things but this is how to get there. Start with benign AI smoke detector, then say teachers can’t stop the bullying fast enough so the sensor now has arms and legs so it can breakup the bullying. Then AI decides humans are all bullies and need to be removed from the equation, you know the story. I doubt I’ll be around long enough to see it but I can hope.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No problem, the smart kids will become heroes when they hack the system and bullying will end....

VU Sponsors