Become a Patron!

Nemesis mechs- buy new, or can I sort these ones?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone.

I was looking through one of my bags, in which I have gear that doesn't get used often, or at all, and found my first mech mods- two nemesis Clones.

There is a problem though. They was in this bag as I could never get rid of the fire button becoming very hot, even with builds of 0.3+.

I know the nemesis is dated now, but I like their simple styling and really would like to either get these working well, or buy one that does work well.

I was told before that the heat is due to resistance somewhere in the button causing heat. I cleaned the mods as much as possible.

So is there anything else I can try before chucking these out, and buying a different Nemesis? Would changing the spring be a good idea? If so, where can I actually get a suitable spring?

Thank you all for your help, Conan.

GratefulAlvin

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It could help, but first I would look at the threading are there burrs in the threads? Also most hardware stores should have Springs or you can buy silver wire and make your own, surely there videos on making them via YouTube, etc. Good luck hope this helps. Keep us updated.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nemesis is a good design you can strip down everything and clean it up. Also most people replace the spring with magnets though mine works fine either way. Make sure you don't lose the teeny rice pin when you disassemble the switch though.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@GratefulAlvin , there are a few hardware stores near me so I will check them for a spring. Do I just need any spring that will fit, or should it be very thick or a certain material?

@Iliketurtles , magnets sound like they could be a good idea too. I do like the design of the Nemesis. From what I have heard they are not great for super sub ohm builds, but I build around 0.25-0.3 so should be fine for me when they are sorted.

The rice pin is a different story. I lost them on both nemesis's, before I knew they was there. I must of lost them when I first got the mods and took them apart before setting them up :(. I did make a replacement though.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can get a few nemesis parts such as rice pins and magnets from fatdaddyvapes. They carry a number of parts for mechanicals, but be aware that not all clones are the same; may not be a 1:1 clone.

GratefulAlvin

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you like how the og spring felt try for something similar to that, or if you'd like a softer or harder throw adjust the spring accordingly. Silver would be best for conductivity but I doubt you will find them at a hardware store, those you would have to buy the wire yourself and fabricate your own spring (it's not super hard to do but will take a little patience) just make sure the material is something that can stand the test, stainless is most likely what you're going to find and should work just fine, hope you get it sorted out and get those mods going.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can get a few nemesis parts such as rice pins and magnets from fatdaddyvapes. They carry a number of parts for mechanicals, but be aware that not all clones are the same; may not be a 1:1 clone.
Thanks mate, I am unsure if they are 1:1 clones or not, I bought them so long ago I can not remember. They was my first venture into the world of mech mods.

On a different note, I see fat daddy vapes says "Starting august 8th, 2016, we will not be offering any of our products in manufacturing new products that did not reach the deadline"

Does this mean that in the USA, you can't actually buy any new mods that came out after this date? If so, I wasn't aware of that, and that really sucks :(

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right now we can buy what we want. The future of manufacturers in the US is bleak if regulations are not changed/eliminated.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right now we can buy what we want. The future of manufacturers in the US is bleak if regulations are not changed/eliminated.
So you can still buy new things, it is just the actual manufacture in the US that is a problem with the regulations?

If so, I do hope they are changed. There are many great US companies and it would be terrible to see them be killed off due to regulations. Does this mean we will not see any new boards from Evolv?

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are regulations to be enacted in the near future that basically says we won't be able to sell anything that wasn't on the market in 2007 (old-style cigalikes). We are really working on getting these pending regulations changed, but if unsuccessful would devastate the manufacturers. Many of them are getting ready with some already closing up shop. New things would supposedly be permitted if you have enough money and jump high enough, but the small guy will be out of a job. Manufacturers atr very concerned and aren't coming out with new things until we have more answers. Evolv can still certainly make boards (they are nothing but power converters), but Americans won't be able to take that board and pop it into a new box and sell it. Same thing basically with e-liquids too. Most new ideas are coming from overseas.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For a rice pin i made one from copper...i could be wrong as its been a while now but i think you want 12g solid copper wire...you just need a small piece to sit flush in the slot..i rounded off the edges and made it look clean...buy 1ft of it and you have rice pins for life..lol

The magnet upgrade is ok but i ended up making a copper spring for mine...it took some practice to get it right but to me a spring feels much smoother than the magnets.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are regulations to be enacted in the near future that basically says we won't be able to sell anything that wasn't on the market in 2007 (old-style cigalikes). We are really working on getting these pending regulations changed, but if unsuccessful would devastate the manufacturers. Many of them are getting ready with some already closing up shop. New things would supposedly be permitted if you have enough money and jump high enough, but the small guy will be out of a job. Manufacturers atr very concerned and aren't coming out with new things until we have more answers. Evolv can still certainly make boards (they are nothing but power converters), but Americans won't be able to take that board and pop it into a new box and sell it. Same thing basically with e-liquids too. Most new ideas are coming from overseas.
Wow, that really does suck! So if those regulations come in, you would only be able to sell things that were available in 2007, or have I got that backwards?

If that is true, that would be awful, with everyone having to use cigalikes. I am sure if that came in, it would stop new vapers- which could well be intentional.
I wouldn't say I am a conspiracy theorist, but think of the impact vaping will be having on tobacco companies and also big pharma with their NRT sales. They obviously do not like this, so stopping people from accessing vaping would help them.

Hopefully those regulations will be thrown out, as they are very, very daft.

@Mike H. I will see if I can get hold of any 12G for the pin- is this also the gauge you used to make the spring? If so I will order enough for the pins and springs. It will be nice to be able to use these mods properly :)

VU Sponsors