Become a Patron!

NEGATIVE feedback for floridagolferboi

stevenbuker12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
was doing a trade with Floridagolferboi and it was going well until I received what he said was an "authentic" goon. I traded him an anarchist mech mod (blood splatter) authentic. He will not answer now or say anything. Goon was for sure a clone, I have an authentic and nothing from it fits on this one. IF ANYONE DEALS WITH HIM BE CAREFUL!!!

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There is a thread in which his name features a lot. That's all l'm sayin.

stevenbuker12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Leave negative feedback on the feedback system, it will alert others.
Yeah I tried but I already left feedback for someone else on the same thread and I'm new so dim how to do it. And I feel as if he took advantage because I was new... Whatever. Karma a a bitch

iiKryptic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's really shitty that happened. It's a shame this couldn't have been avoided somehow:mad:. Where theres smoke, theres fire

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah he's an asshole. He sent me a pic of an authentic and the one I got wasn't even the same serial number, or drip tip. He's scum
His pics were usually out of focus or dark. He replied to one of my WTT threads and I got a number of PM's in a matter of minutes warning me to avoid him.

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah he's an asshole. He sent me a pic of an authentic and the one I got wasn't even the same serial number, or drip tip. He's scum

bummer man,only takes 1 bad apple,seems he was the bad apple.

mistermatty

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've tried warning multiple members here about this clown. He was first banned on Reddit's classifieds with the same username, then started making new accounts weekly as each kept getting banned again! This guy is a scam artist, a punk, really just a sorry excuse of a human being. There is no humanity in robbing people blind! People, do not deal with this guy, he may have a few good transactions but it's a huge risk giving his track record!

stevenbuker12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah well I'll be in Florida in a week and I have the package envelope from him. I'm going to see if it's the right address

stevenbuker12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know I'm new here so my word doesn't hold much weight so I'm glad there's multiple veterans from here siding with me! Thank you all

mistermatty

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah over on Reddit people we're saying to avoid any address from "that city" in Florida because you never knew what account he'd be using that week.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thread moved - Mud Pit, Hall of Shame.

Keep in mind, rules apply here, too. :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Allow me to add, if he chooses to edit, keep me posted, I'll need to edit that quote.

Didn't I mention to you in the other thread we tried to get you back in?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Because of this guy I'm going to be very hesitant about dealing with members who are not established with some feedback. I generally do that as a rule but have had a couple of transactions with newbies that went fine. But considering he is known for making multiple accounts, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

stevenbuker12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Because of this guy I'm going to be very hesitant about dealing with members who are not established with some feedback. I generally do that as a rule but have had a couple of transactions with newbies that went fine. But considering he is known for making multiple accounts, I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Well you know it's not me lmao

iiKryptic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Didn't I mention to you in the other thread we tried to get you back in?
Yes, you did, and I don't believe for a second that you personally tried to keep me out or even had a hand it what happened. All I know is that what I read on the banned screen implied a temporary state, and for months I kept trying(daily)lol. I never saw contact info for a mediator. No worries my dear.:inlove:

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did VU always have a feedback system or is it new? I just now started to see it in use.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The feedback system we have in place now, became effective May 2015. Prior to that there were posts in a separate section of the forum.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Cool, didnt think there was one till just yesterday when someone gave me good feedback.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've been on forums that avoided this kind of stuff by not allowing anyone access to the classifieds until they had poste at least 200 posts. this cut down on the drive by scammers.
And verified records from other places.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's not banned. Last activity was yesterday.
He needs to be banned, unless in the communication he says it's a 1:1 a clone a replica or anything in that matter that would consider the item a fake.....

If he is contacted by admin and he doesn't reply they should ban him from the site, but will that stop him from creating a new account ??

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He needs to be banned, unless in the communication he says it's a 1:1 a clone a replica or anything in that matter that would consider the item a fake.....

If he is contacted by admin and he doesn't reply they should ban him from the site, but will that stop him from creating a new account ??

Although it's been said time and time again , I'll repeat it....We don't take action if a rule isn't broken and there is no rule about bad deals in hardware, we also do not intervene on those unless a thread is lacking information per guidelines in there, you can read what those are right in the stickies in that area.Also stated is that members enter into these deals at their own risk. It is up to our members to out a possible scammer as they have done here in this thread.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Selling clones it's not a crime unless it's a Rolex, If the buyer made a mistake it's seen as a learning experience.... Remember you are dealing through the internet wormhole.... Anyone can be anyone ! Before making a deal verify the owner by observing his YouTube channel, his eBay account and paying through PayPal... Real professional members deal professionally !!!!!!!

So oust, joust and talk all you want if it brings peace of mind..... But at the end make it a learning experience and be an adult about it....

We are all adults on this site at least most of us, and we do feel when someone has been taken advantage of, and most of his have experienced a sour apple in our life's......

Hope this helps and keep Vaping.... Cool......

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I understand its "buyer beware" BUT, in the rules for selling it says this about selling clones:

"Clones
As long as you post that your item is a clone you are fine."

If someone sells a clone stating its a genuine isnt that a breaking of the rule and thus "a ban worthy" thing?

If someone does not honor a sale, such as not sending it as described or even not sending it, isnt that " a ban worthy thing?"

I think that a forum that has rules and hosts a classifieds has some responsibility is needed on the forum admins to protect its members.
I also believe that the seller in question has had enough feedback and buyer experiences to warrant a ban.

At other forums the actions of this seller would have had them banned. Scamming people seems worse than trolling, antagonizing, bad mouthing, or talk of certain substances and many other actions that have deemed others banned.

Keeping a known scammer off the forum enough to me? It just seems kinda suspicious that this is being tolerated.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This covers all sales and trades

Forum disclaimers
The owners, admins, moderators, and all others who are part of running this forum are not, and will not be responsible or liable for your transactions, so please beware that these transactions are at your own risk.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/guidelines-for-safe-transactions-and-forum-disclaimers.183/

Like I said earlier, it is up to the members here to review the photo's provided and beware when entering into deals, and if something is not quite right they are free to start a thread stating if they are having issues with a sale or trade that is "fishy" which in turn lets fellow members become aware of a possible scammer, just like this thread

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
We understand the risks, but this seems to have been going on for a long time and there have been several people that have been warning others , that have lost money, etc. What more is needed to get rid of someone that is doing something really wrong ?

Seems he is being enabled here, like he is being protected ?

Sorry this just all seems very wrong and I feel really bad for those who have lost money. Seems there was some doubt about it, but since then it seems it was kinda proven and yet , he went on to do more harm. Seems if he was banned a while ago, some might have not lost money. Maybe the people who got their items were decoys or even in on it? I hate to sound like a conspiracy nut, but this seems to be getting to that level.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He was not banned intentionally, , if you look back when that happened it was because of IP issues that that happened, both members involved were free to make new accounts and re-register them, bottom line here is that admin sets the guidelines for hardware area and all areas of the forum including the forum member, vendor rules as well, I welcome you to contact any of our admin here as their doors are always open for questions regarding how this forum is run and how our rules are enforced:)
@SMOKIE @TygerTyger

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
TO MY KNOWLEDGE, this was the only deal of his that went south in his dealings here. Some people had questions, and hesitations about him, but as I said, I've never seen anyone else post that they received clones from him, or that he didn't follow through. We've had SEVERAL scenarios, as such, from quite a few deals involving other members.

As far as "as long as you post your item is a clone, you are fine"... with the experience that's shared here, he doesn't seem so fine, now, does he? People will likely never deal with him again. Should he come back and post a deal, it's safe to say, someone else will show up to warn anyone even considering to. We'll each have our own interpretation of breaking down what the guidelines state. I'd be willing to bet that if there were a clear cut ban to take place, due to the guidelines, it would be stated as such.

This is also part of the guidelines, yet members continually use the Friends and Family option from Paypal. (followed by BUYER BEWARE), and as previously mentioned, deals are at your own risk.

upload_2016-8-16_11-47-38.png

Should admin choose to ban that guy, everyone is protected from one member. Should they choose not to, I get it, because of the guidelines.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So he basically has to murder someone to be banned? If even then...
That's a stretch.

So, while I do understand being pissed off about a deal gone bad, I would be, too, you want him banned for that. OK, that's up to admin, mods don't have any say in that, necessarily. Very few have been banned here, but you should see the lengths they went to to test the rules here. Not just once, but even allowed back, then pushing limits REPEATEDLY. I've had back and forths, myself, with people that pissed me off more than I can say, I've been called names I don't even like to use, myself, but they were allowed to stay. Because they didn't actually break rules.

That's one of the things about VU, people love the freedom they have here, over other forums, until someone else exercises that freedom to an extreme, whether that be being a total asshole, a fraud, or just a dick. Then everyone wants to cry foul and compare VU to other forums. Though I may not always agree with things that happen, or something that gets said, this isn't my house, I didn't make the rules, but, I did agree the rules/guidelines when I joined here.

I don't know what else to tell you, but unless admin sees fit to remove this guy, he's still a member here. Landing in the hall of shame here, and from other forums, his rep is basically toast.

Some lessons get learned the hard way, no doubt about that.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
been burned a couple of times, once in this group and once on one of the fb groups i frequent, its one of those things that are inevitable. some peoplebare just dicks. ive seen people burned and the deal even had vouches, it happens.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey Huck, Im so glad you mentioned the payment thing.
Everyone Ive sold things to automatically wants to pay as "friends and family"

Many times , especially if the item is over 30 dollars I ask them to re-send the payment because I have a real paranoia about things getting lost in the mail.

I dont want to have to refund something because USPS lost it, yet I feel like a jerk if someone gives me money and they end up with nothing.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah everyone wants this guy banned, but if the admin started banning everyone we want banned.... we'd be in the same boat as most of us were in ECF. Ban hammer here, Suspensions there, retarded1 with the diarrhea of the mouth... blah blah blah. Do we really wanna turn into ECF2?

Fuck No!!!!!!

Just gotta suck it up, Buttercups! :rolleyes:

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i recommend getting vouches for trades... if you dont have any positive trades then no one will vouche you and i dont deal with people with no vouches unless they send first. thats what i did when i had no vouches, i sent first and earned my vouches that way.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well if VU let's retail businesses do business on VU the businesses have to be legit and without criminal activity. Selling unauthorized merchandise on any site is a crime and punishable if perused through the right channels....

VU Sponsors