Become a Patron!

Need vape pen with cigarette-like pull and REMOVABLE battery

Calebcabob

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey, I am on my 2nd day of vaping on an eGo AOI after smoking for 16 years. A couple weeks ago I went all out and got a full mod setup - now I don't use it. Anyways, I LOVE the vape drags I can get off this eGo AOI, but I really don't want to deal with a rechargeable built-in Li-ion battery.

OH! I also really appreciate that the eGo AIO is virtually leakless! That is a plus for sure, one that I hope I don't need to sacrifice with a new pen.

Can anyone recommend a relatively leak-less vape pen that takes a 18650 battery, that isn't necessarily a big cloud maker? I want to continue to get that cigarette feel.

Thanks in advance!!

Calebcabob

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Provape Provari 2.5 or 3. Top it off with an Aspire Nautilus tank, and your in MTL heaven. I think once you use 18650 batteries, it becomes a TUBE mod...

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, there's a LOT of products out there. I can't think of anything that's variable wattage/voltage with a replaceable battery in a tube/pen form unfortunately.

However, what is it you're after, do you need that pen form? Are you more worried about the vape itself? If so what you're looking for is a MTL tank, something like the Nautilus.

From there you just need something that will supply power, this is where your battery and whatever holds your battery comes into play. I could name you dozens of mech mods that'd fit this, but then you're dependent on ohms law and I don't want to overwhelm you. So talking variable wattage/voltage things, like I said I can't think of anything with replaceable batteries but I can think of non pen styles that are still compact if the whole carrying it around thing is a concern. My travel kit is a Pico mod and it's smaller than most cell phones.

eleaf-pico-preview.jpg

If that looks like it'd work you can get just that mod and ignore the tank and pick up something like a Nautilus or GS tank which are designed to give that resistance to make it like a cigarette.

Anyways thought I might give some information, sorry if it's not helpful.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Provape Provari 2.5 or 3. Top it off with an Aspire Nautilus tank, and your in MTL heaven. I think once you use 18650 batteries, it becomes a TUBE mod...
I don't use tube mods anyore, but if you really are hooked on that idea I agree that Provari (on sale) makes an excellent reliable tube mod with 18650 batteries, or 18500 without the extension, here http://www.provape.com/ProVari-Variable-Voltage-V2-5-New-Design-p/provarinew.htm. At less than $35 that's a huge price drop from the $150 or so I paid 2.5 years ago for my mini (which has since gone to a friend and is still working as well as it was back then).

If you can get around the idea of a box mod, the little Pico is my favorite single battery mod right now (and it's tiny)! I don't own one, but I have a friend that has one, and I know how much Whiskey loves hers!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ChrisL
I was able to grab one from Fastech I bought 2, They were not the 3's though, if you still want one, send me a pm:)

Calebcabob

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wow, thanks for all the feedback! This seems like a really great community for helping fellow vapers and wanna-be vapers, and vaper-noobs (like me). I looked at all your recommendations and I really appreciate the responses. They all looked amazing...only issue (which I probably should have mentioned) is I was trying to spend under $50 for the pen. I actually ended up getting the Kanger EVOD PRO. I dove into this whole thing with a Smok TFV4 and a Smok Cube 2. Like I said, I don't even use it now. It doesn't quite give me that cigarette-like feel.

Anyways, I will post back and let y'all know how I like the EVOD PRO. Thanks again fellas!!

VU Sponsors