Become a Patron!

Need some help finding a box...

damndirtyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Looking to get a newer mech than the ones I have lying around, good mods but all pre-2011. None of the 18650 mods I have will fit an RDA without expensive updating work which I may or may not do eventually, before things go belly up.

Anyway, I have some parameters that I know make this a little hard, or else I'd have already found something myself... but I feel confident that you fine folks can help me narrow things down.

1. I don't have a lot of extra cash right now, so I'm looking for something *relatively* inexpensive, say $60 max with a tad bit of flexibility. Less is better, as long as I'm not sacrificing safety.

2. Dual 18650, at least. Would consider dual 26650 or tri/quad 18650.

3. Clones are OK, but only if it's a device that has been fairly popular and shown to be safe when used correctly, barring any unusual issues.

4. Fully mechanical

5. I think I'd prefer adjustable 510 over spring loaded, but it's not a dealbreaker.

6. Locking switch would be great, but also not a dealbreaker.

I had basically settled on the Bigfoot by Cigreen and found it for a very reasonable price on Vaporbeast. However, I read that there were two "versions" of the Bigfoot, one with a spring-loaded 510 and the other with an adjustable. I heard some people saying that the spring was so flimsy in the former version that low-ohm builds were softening/melting the spring, so I don't think I'm going to go that route unless Vaporbeast tells me that they actually have the ones with an adjustable connection.

Thanks in advance.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If your wanting to stick with 18650 I would find a MCV T6 Raptor clone.

Try fastech and look at the reviews and the discussions about each.

@ej1024 is the inv fully mechanical? I have a friend that was literally just ordering one the other day, I wonder if hes gotten it yet.

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Will not let me insert the link on ebay for the mod.

Look up DOVPO GX 200

I like the one EJ listed too. That tesla is a nice looking mod!

P.S. I own the DOVPO and it is a nice box.

damndirtyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I looked at the Tesla Invader 18650/26650 and will probably consider it anyway, but it's not a full mech with the Mosfet and stuff. I am looking for something that could survive the zombie apocalypse with little issue! But I have a Tesla Two that I love, so I may get the Invader anyway.

Thinking about the Raptor for sure, it's on the list.

The DOVPO has the same issues as the Tesla right this second, just that it's not a full mech. I'm all for safety features as a general rule and I don't normally use fully mechanical devices without any sort of protection. However, I just want to make sure I have one mod that should continue to work no matter what, as I already said.

Thanks so much for the suggestions so far, though. Keep 'em coming!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Reality is, if you want a full mech box under 60 bucks, you'll need to look at fast tech for it. And you will likely need to rebuild it because at a cheap price point, they will skip on heavy wire and a good 510.

Biggest issue for a full mech box is the fire button. Most can't handle 20+ amps without dying quickly.

If you are worried about a mofset pooping out, maybe just pick up a few spares. They are not hard to solder in.

edit:
When I bought the DOVPO's, I picked them up on Fast Tech. For under 25 each, I bought three. I'm set for the apocalypse.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
30OFF good till like the 26th or so.

That would make it 21$ plus shipping.

Thats shipping from the US too.

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@Vash

How did you like the T6 clone?
I like it a lot ,I actually have one still and another for sale both black.Its only clone mod I still have and will be keeping the one for sure

Hits nice and the has a good weight to it ,doesn't feel cheap.Once or twice button has started to come little loose but now I just make sure its snug evry couple of dayys.

Just have to make sure to make atty flush then screw in the battery.Overall its one of the better bix clones I've had over the years

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'll let my other go for $18 shipped, used it handle full of times and is in really good condition

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like it a lot ,I actually have one still and another for sale both black.Its only clone mod I still have and will be keeping the one for sure

Hits nice and the has a good weight to it ,doesn't feel cheap.

Just have to make sure to make atty flush then screw in the battery.Overall its one of the better bix clones I've had over the years

Well there you go @damndirtyvapes its a Vash approved mech and theres even one offered from him in our own classifieds lol!

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
f8e27fe7ffebb375dc40ec90c090cdfd.jpg
2f7c5fab71af73f35d8fe320c8de615b.jpg

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I also just make sure the battery caps are tight but still able to twist off in a heart beat should I ever have battery issue .Button takes decent push to fire and I've never had any issues

damndirtyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
This is all good info, thanks. I'm trying to do minimal maintenance because it's just not my strength. The Bigfoot might have been an option but not sure if I can find one with the adjustable connection, and that might really be it around that price point.

On the other hand, if I'm going to do something with a mosfet or other protection, I know that actually opens up my options some. I also have the opportunity to buy a Tugboat mod off someone for a good price that fits the bill if I'm going that route. I'm still sort of hoping Vaporbeast might have Bigfoots with adjustable 510s... thinking about @Vash's offer too, thank you. What's the deal with the atomizer again?

VU Sponsors