Become a Patron!

Need Some Good 18500 Batteries

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Afternoon all !

This might be a redundant question, but here goes anyway...I've got a black/copper Stingray coming, a Nemesis on the way, & another style of Stingray mod on the way also, and while I have always leaned towards the 18650 size of battery, I think I want to be able to use the middle tube for the 18500 size. So, does Sony make an 18500 battery? All of my other ones are Sony VTC4's, 18650, & they have been doing just fine. But since I have not had an opportunity to use the 500 size, I'm a little lost here.....:)

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Best 2 choices I have found are Authentic AW 18500 1100 mah or Purple E-fest 1000mah. I have been doing research and the AW's are rated 8.5 amp and the purple efests say 15 amp pluse I have not decided which ones to order for my iHybrid Pure. Its a genesis Hybrid so I will be building around .8 to 1.2 ohm

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Best 2 choices I have found are Authentic AW 18500 1100 mah or Purple E-fest 1000mah. I have been doing research and the AW's are rated 8.5 amp and the purple efests say 15 amp pluse I have not decided which ones to order for my iHybrid Pure. Its a genesis Hybrid so I will be building around .8 to 1.2 ohm
But will I be getting a sub par performance from my mod because of the "middle ground" batteries?

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well if you are going to sub ohm I would suggest using Authentic 18650 Sony IMR VCT4 or 5 batteries for safety There is 1 vendor that is often recommended on this forum for Authentic Sony's Anyone I do not remember the Vender?

Mtlblade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
there are not a lot of choices for a smaller batteries the aw and efest are good batteries

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ive been using the purple efest 18500 for 4 months now with no issues whatsoever. I've gone as far as .4ohms with them.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ive been using the purple efest 18500 for 4 months now with no issues whatsoever. I've gone as far as .4ohms with them.
Good to know I got a 18490 iHybrid Pure on closeout for $40 but still need to order batteries. I am thinking 18500 flat top will work

steamer861

Member For 4 Years
AW IMR 18490 is 16.5 amps
you cant super sub ohm but they will get you down low enough :)
I run them @ .8 no problem :)

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can only find 10 amp AW 16490

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years