Become a Patron!

Need some direction...

Daizical

Member For 1 Year
I’m not exactly new to vaping but I’m unsure where else to put this. It’s time to switch devices but I don’t know enough about mods and tanks to even begin narrowing down options. I’ve been using an Aspire Plato for years. (Link below if interested.) It was really just my second device after a pen vape. I’m now on my 4th Plato. The one thing I cannot stand is the process of changing the coil. In order to replace the coil, I have to empty the tank and take too much apart. Plus, there’s double threading for the coil that is picky—if either side goes in just a little wrong the tank will leak a lot.

Things I like... the 5.3(?) ml tank that I rarely fill more than 1-2 times a day. Adjustable airflow. Adjustable watts (8.0 currently). Removable battery. The silicone sleeves available for protection. Not enough protection tho—I noticed it’s cracked. I need something that can withstand being dropped because I do so daily, more than once.

I think the term is mouth to lung. I definitely don’t use it sub-ohm. I’m not concerned with cloud size but probably wouldn’t be ok with too little. It’s not exactly a hobby for me. I switched from smoking cigarettes several years ago and pretty much just need vaping for nicotine delivery. I started at 24 mg nicotine and am down to 4 mg. But that 4 mg is absolutely necessary!

I don’t want to spend a whole lot. I’ll have to consider coil prices also. Any direction would be very much appreciated!

https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/aspire-kits404.html

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU. Glad you joined.:vino:

Do you use the 1.8Ω BVC coil with your 8w?

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU.

I regret that I cannot offer any real help as I don't vape the same style but I'm sure someone with much more knowledge will be along soon.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I don't vape that style either. I started with BVC coils though. If wanting to stay with that coil, there are other tanks that will fit it.
If bigger is ok, then Jackaroo for the mod would be a good choice.
http://www.vandyvape.com/kit/kit/Jackaroo-kit/

There's a lot of single battery and built in battery mods.
Here's a couple that are probably the most drop resistant, and of these 2 I would think Jackaroo.
This is the only place I looked for pricing.
Mod Only $38.80 https://www.vaporl.com/vandy-vape-jackaroo-100w-waterproof-mod.html
Use coupon code CVD20 at checkout

GeekVape has their Aegis line.
https://www.geekvape.com/store/mods/regulated-mods.html

Daizical

Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU. Glad you joined.:vino:

Do you use the 1.8Ω BVC coil with your 8w?
Thanks for the welcome :) I made the mistake of blindly buying a mod once that I couldn’t stand. Didn’t want that repeat.

I think it’s a yes for BVC. I know I always ask for a Nautilus Mini coil. My last tank on the pen vape was a Nautilus Mini.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the welcome :) I made the mistake of blindly buying a mod once that I couldn’t stand. Didn’t want that repeat.
I think it’s a yes for BVC. I know I always ask for a Nautilus Mini coil. My last tank on the pen vape was a Nautilus Mini.
OK. So what are you looking for? A set up that uses those coils? Or any setup that is MTL with coil heads?

As far as dropping it every day, that's a bad habit to have for a vape device.
Small and more pocket friendly will be more fragile. If you get a conventional mod and tank it will be bigger.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The aspire nauti coils were great, but as you say, the changing coils on some tanks was frustrating.

If you'd consider a rebuildable, the siren v2 RTA vapes pretty similar. And wire and cotton will always be available, and cheaper than ready made coils

Daizical

Member For 1 Year
OK. So what are you looking for? A set up that uses those coils? Or any setup that is MTL with coil heads?

As far as dropping it every day, that's a bad habit to have for a vape device.
Small and more pocket friendly will be more fragile. If you get a conventional mod and tank it will be bigger.
I know it’s a bad habit :/ It’s just gotten worse too. Hopefully recovery from carpal tunnel surgery will help me not drop things forever.

Probably yes to any setup that is MTL with coil heads. I don’t really want to rebuild. With hand problems, would making my own coils be difficult? I have 5-6 batteries (18650) and compatible charger, and I’d prefer something utilizing them.

While I enjoy the pocket friendly size, I’m willing to go bigger for the sake of durability.

I looked at the Jackaroo. It’s not too big. Looks like a really good option. The appearance is awesome. Bubble glass for the tank gives 5ml capacity, excellent. But I don’t understand the 2 coil options shown on the VandyVape site. They range for best use from 40-90 watts. I’m on 8 watts. I assume there’s a lot of variables regarding getting a satisfying puff, but would the Jackaroo work for me considering I use 8 watts?

I will look at Aegis inaminite.

I appreciate the help

Daizical

Member For 1 Year
The aspire nauti coils were great, but as you say, the changing coils on some tanks was frustrating.

If you'd consider a rebuildable, the siren v2 RTA vapes pretty similar. And wire and cotton will always be available, and cheaper than ready made coils
Is building difficult? I have hand problems so I’m concerned with the physical difficulties mostly, the strength needed too. I’m pretty good with directions and building things in general.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is building difficult? I have hand problems so I’m concerned with the physical difficulties mostly, the strength needed too. I’m pretty good with directions and building things in general.
It's not difficult. And lots of places sell packs of 50 prewound coils for under 5 bucks. So you only need to thread them in, clip ends and wick.

I've never had carpel tunnel though. So really don't know what limitations that involves

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't vape your style either, but mods are a bit more versatile than tanks ,so the Jackaroo also sprang to mind for me.

There's a couple other single battery water resistant and durability focused mods floating around now as well, but the specifics escape me at the moment

The Geekvape Aegis Legend mini is tough and probably well suited to your needs overall, but it uses an internal battery.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not difficult. And lots of places sell packs of 50 prewound coils for under 5 bucks. So you only need to thread them in, clip ends and wick.

I've never had carpel tunnel though. So really don't know what limitations that involves
Yeah and with low power vaping, the metal coils would last a good long time without needing to be changed. I don't have carpel tunnel either, but wicking might be an issue. It requires no strength at all, but some manual dexterity is needed as you know.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Somebody needs to make a single battery dtl indestructo/water resistant rig with a good rebuildable internal tank.

Daizical

Member For 1 Year

50 for under $5? That changes things. I think I can manage through a little pain for that. I pay $4 for one. It lasts a month but still. I like a good deal.

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
If your looking for just straight on nicotine delivery, you might consider a pod system that uses nic salts.
Specto Jr. went from Smok sub-ohm tanks to a Joyetech Teros and says that he gets a better delivery of nicotine with fewer hits.

https://www.joyetech.com/product/teros/

The 480 mAh battery capacity makes me guffaw and the 2ml liquid capacity is meh, but I understand the appeal to each individual's practices or tastes.

@Countrypami's page has links to a lot of good hardware vendors.
http://countrypami.blogspot.com/

This place isn't too bad. It has a good search function and usually links to companies that are on Miss Pami's list.
https://cheapvaping.deals/

and welcome to our vortex of differing opinions (derp)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I looked at the Jackaroo. It’s not too big. Looks like a really good option. The appearance is awesome. Bubble glass for the tank gives 5ml capacity, excellent. But I don’t understand the 2 coil options shown on the VandyVape site. They range for best use from 40-90 watts. I’m on 8 watts. I assume there’s a lot of variables regarding getting a satisfying puff, but would the Jackaroo work for me considering I use 8 watts?
You wouldn't want the included tank for MTL. The mod only. The tank would be separate. Usually better that way since there seems to always be something wrong with a kit.

Daizical

Member For 1 Year
If your looking for just straight on nicotine delivery, you might consider a pod system that uses nic salts.
Specto Jr. went from Smok sub-ohm tanks to a Joyetech Teros and says that he gets a better delivery of nicotine with fewer hits.

https://www.joyetech.com/product/teros/

The 480 mAh battery capacity makes me guffaw and the 2ml liquid capacity is meh, but I understand the appeal to each individual's practices or tastes.

@Countrypami's page has links to a lot of good hardware vendors.
http://countrypami.blogspot.com/

This place isn't too bad. It has a good search function and usually links to companies that are on Miss Pami's list.
https://cheapvaping.deals/

and welcome to our vortex of differing opinions (derp)
No pods for me. I need something adjustable.

I will checkout your links, thanks.

I’m still thinking about the suggestions and looking around.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Some MTL with changeable coils don't hold much juice but are easy to fill.
Nautilus 2S, Zlide, Zenith, are a few to look at..
HellBeast is a bigger tank that will use the coils you've been using.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You wouldn't want the included tank for MTL. The mod only. The tank would be separate. Usually better that way since there seems to always be something wrong with a kit.
I agree. Unless it's a giveaway deal on a kit that includes a mod I want, I never buy kits anymore. The Pico S is a perfect example. 15 bucks for the kit. I wanted the mod, which was definitely worth 15 bucks.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Can only speculate, not got carpel tunnel here. If it is anywhere kin to arthritis and nerve problems I would bet it can be a real bitch to deal with. Think I avoid/ed carpel tunnel specifically because everyone else got all "stretch first" and I was already hammering away at the work. If you're walking a log down the river, is it going to let you "stretch first" before it capsizes and puts you under?(rhet.)

you just want single strand old school.

You say "single strand old school" like it is a bad thing. You know, I been told about "you people", you know those nut brained Ozzies. Why the ruddy 'ell a sane person want to live on Earth's deadliest country? If it nay the critters what get ye, sure 'nuff gunna be the frackin', or nuclear waste dumps what go unannounced. Y'all too daft to be weirdos or dorks, think you more like dodos. :D :p :) *chuckles*

"Oh look, a glowing Ozzie zombie thinking he be some Jewish king!"

"Nah mate s'just that damn Gibson guy what pretends he's Irish so to poke fun at us Scots."

The Pico S is a perfect example. 15 bucks for the kit. I wanted the mod, which was definitely worth 15 bucks.

Shh, dinnae tell no one. My Pico squeeze? She assure me she worth at least three times that, yours is fibbing to you. ;) :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm thinking about the Geekvape Aegis Solo that's just coming out, with a Vandy Vape Berserker with the metal tank instead of glass. Berserker is super easy to build and wick, gives a great MTL vape anywhere from 0.7 ohms to about 1.5. The tank could be bigger, but there is that metal sleeve - you won't drop it and have glass go everywhere.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I’m not exactly new to vaping but I’m unsure where else to put this. It’s time to switch devices but I don’t know enough about mods and tanks to even begin narrowing down options. I’ve been using an Aspire Plato for years. (Link below if interested.) It was really just my second device after a pen vape. I’m now on my 4th Plato. The one thing I cannot stand is the process of changing the coil. In order to replace the coil, I have to empty the tank and take too much apart. Plus, there’s double threading for the coil that is picky—if either side goes in just a little wrong the tank will leak a lot.

Things I like... the 5.3(?) ml tank that I rarely fill more than 1-2 times a day. Adjustable airflow. Adjustable watts (8.0 currently). Removable battery. The silicone sleeves available for protection. Not enough protection tho—I noticed it’s cracked. I need something that can withstand being dropped because I do so daily, more than once.

I think the term is mouth to lung. I definitely don’t use it sub-ohm. I’m not concerned with cloud size but probably wouldn’t be ok with too little. It’s not exactly a hobby for me. I switched from smoking cigarettes several years ago and pretty much just need vaping for nicotine delivery. I started at 24 mg nicotine and am down to 4 mg. But that 4 mg is absolutely necessary!

I don’t want to spend a whole lot. I’ll have to consider coil prices also. Any direction would be very much appreciated!

https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/aspire-kits404.html
I'm thinking a single battery regulated squonker would suit you well. Typically 7-10ml capacity.
MTL RDA. Easy to coil and wick. Coil can last a month or longer, just clean and rewick every once in a while. Small learning curve - easy.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm thinking a single battery regulated squonker would suit you well. Typically 7-10ml capacity.
MTL RDA. Easy to coil and wick. Coil can last a month or longer, just clean and rewick every once in a while. Small learning curve - easy.
The Cut meets these specifications and with a 2_700 battery would last for days at mtl wattages..

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I’m still thinking about the suggestions and looking around.
Have a look at this type of atomizer. A lot more flavor and costs less to maintain. If interested we can move on to mod, coils, wick....again, it's not hard to learn to coil/wick it...and we can give you the steps or check out some YT vids....

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Have a look at this type of atomizer. A lot more flavor and costs less to maintain. If interested we can move on to mod, coils, wick....again, it's not hard to learn to coil/wick it...and we can give you the steps or check out some YT vids....

I'll second that. Personal experience, Berserker was one of the first rebuildable devices I had and it was no big deal. Great vape if you want MTL, very good flavor, and coils last for a really really really long time. I run Big Red gum in it all the time and love it.

Daizical

Member For 1 Year
I'm going to pass on squonking.

I haven't decided yet, still doing a lot of research. I haven't decided if I will rebuild anything, but Berserker is still in the running.

I ran across this somewhere:
https://www.elementvape.com/innokin-zenith-mtl-tank-by-phil-busardo-dmitris-agarafiotis?enter=true

The Zenith has a 4 mL capacity with a metal sleeve over the glass. But its specs are a little confusing to me. It says it's MTL, and one of the coils has a resistance over 1. but the title also says "sub-ohm". Is there any reason I couldn't use it?

ty

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to pass on squonking.

I haven't decided yet, still doing a lot of research. I haven't decided if I will rebuild anything, but Berserker is still in the running.

I ran across this somewhere:
https://www.elementvape.com/innokin-zenith-mtl-tank-by-phil-busardo-dmitris-agarafiotis?enter=true

The Zenith has a 4 mL capacity with a metal sleeve over the glass. But its specs are a little confusing to me. It says it's MTL, and one of the coils has a resistance over 1. but the title also says "sub-ohm". Is there any reason I couldn't use it?

ty
No reason you couldn't use the .8Ω that comes with. That's still a high resistance even though its under 1.0 and battery life would still be good.

Daizical

Member For 1 Year
No reason you couldn't use the .8Ω that comes with. That's still a high resistance even though its under 1.0 and battery life would still be good.
Is the coil resistance somewhat arbitrary now? I thought subohm = under 1Ω, and MTL = 1Ω and up. I just want to make sure you know I vape MTL.

I also finally have some time to look into coil building and watch the video about Berserker.
:bunny:

Daizical

Member For 1 Year
I was amusedly confused until I realized I needed to look for a video for the RTA version. The RDA was interesting and I watched it all, but I think the Berserker RTA would meet my needs better. Question: how do you know what coils and cotton to buy?

So I'm focusing on these mods:
Jackaroo
Aegis Solo
Aegis Legend
Vaporesso Switcher - I have a friend who uses this and insists it can withstand dropping. Maybe maybe, idk. It's pretty heavy, I need to check other weights to compare.
(the Aegis Mini has an internal battery and I'd prefer the option of using my external charger)

Tanks:
HellVape HellBeast
Innokin Zenith
Berserker RTA
? Innokin Zlide - haven't looked at it much but it's on my list.

Anyway I thought I'd put my progress out there. Thanks for the suggestions and direction. Still unsure if I will rebuild but 4.5 mL with the Berserker seems awesome. And if I break it, I can go to 2 mL although grumpily lol.

Daizical

Member For 1 Year
Also Innokin Ares RTA

But I've decided on Jackaroo assuming I have no trouble finding my preferred colors. I'm not a fan of leather and the legend has leather on it. I'd rather not have to preorder and wait well at all for the solo.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Question: how do you know what coils and cotton to buy?
unfortunately, just trial and error

if you get a few, either side of 1 ohm should be a decent start for berserker

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10036878/9011401-e-xy-ni80-pre-coiled-coil-100-pack

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10028765/6298101-kanthal-a1-pre-coiled-wire-for-rba-atomizer-30

then just shy of 1 ohm, like maybe 0.8

you could try different wire types, kanthal, nichrome80, stainless steel

there are lots of brands of cotton. The organic japanese pads, like Koh Gen Doh are really easy to work with

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Is the coil resistance somewhat arbitrary now? I thought subohm = under 1Ω, and MTL = 1Ω and up. I just want to make sure you know I vape MTL.
I also finally have some time to look into coil building and watch the video about Berserker.
Didn’t mean to convey resistance is arbitrary because it matters. But most likely change a little for the vape you want > coming from a 1.6-1.8 coil head, going to a rebuildable. Can MTL under 1.0Ω.
Coil building can be as easy wrapping wire around a drill bit or screwdriver. There's plenty of low cost and good MTL spools of wire.

Most rda’s/rta’s come with a couple coils and if you want a higher/lower resistance than that, then we’d consider that when ordering wire.
I linked the RDA because it’s easier to work with than an RTA.

There’s a newer 24mm Berserker RTA V1.5 and a 22mm V1.5 Mini. It has a metal tank. I’ve had a metal tank before and although I couldn’t see the juice I learned quickly how long I could vape w/o risk of running it dry. I think the black metal tank would look dam good on any of those mods lol,,,,,except the Switcher :eek:
I was amusedly confused until I realized I needed to look for a video for the RTA version. The RDA was interesting and I watched it all, but I think the Berserker RTA would meet my needs better. Question: how do you know what coils and cotton to buy?

So I'm focusing on these mods:
Jackaroo
Aegis Solo
Aegis Legend
Vaporesso Switcher - I have a friend who uses this and insists it can withstand dropping. Maybe maybe, idk. It's pretty heavy, I need to check other weights to compare.
(the Aegis Mini has an internal battery and I'd prefer the option of using my external charger)

Tanks:
HellVape HellBeast
Innokin Zenith
Berserker RTA
? Innokin Zlide - haven't looked at it much but it's on my list.

Anyway I thought I'd put my progress out there. Thanks for the suggestions and direction. Still unsure if I will rebuild but 4.5 mL with the Berserker seems awesome. And if I break it, I can go to 2 mL although grumpily lol.

Of those 4 mods, the Switcher looks big and heavy. 24+mm tank might look ok on it imo. But then its not for me, is it ;)
If you get a dual battery mod, you’ll need batteries that are married pairs.
I still like squonk set up idea.
- Large juice capacity
- No tank means easier/faster to coil. easier/faster to wick.
- Leak resistance that tanks don’t have.
Check this out. IK, only 2ml, but,,,just pop the cap off to fill,, and better yet a squonk bottle + that 2ml is most likely to last all day+. 10ish ml is like 2 tanks for Plato isn’t it?
That plus a handy size mod like the Desire Cut paired with a 4000Mah Samsung 40T = charged battery and top off the bottle each day. Set it and forget it,,,except for enjoying the great vape__

If your set against a squonker, then of those 4 mods, I like the Jackaroo for all day, since it will hold a 21700 battery for that longer run time. Looks ergonomic and I think whatever atty you choose will have a color that will look good on it. Like Legend too for the same reasons.

Have a look at Suck My Mod review for Jackaroo. He drops it on frozen concrete and drives over it and nothing happens. Only when he heaved it at the concrete did it dent a top corner because that’s where it happened to hit.

Last edited:

Daizical

Member For 1 Year
Ok. I thought so. I think lots of sites selling items are trying to sell more and/or giving warnings to cover their butts. Thought I’d check with the experts:cool:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Ok so the newer Berserker v1.5 looks so much better visually. I almost decided on it but I’m worried about air flow. I’m not 100% sure but I think the Berserker air flow is much tighter than the Plato. Plus, I typically keep my Plato’s air open completely. Here’s a pic of the bottom of the Plato:

https://www.aspirecig.com/templets/new/images/plato/12.png

Anyone have thoughts on this?
After looking at a couple reviews of Plato, looks it can do DTL albiet resticted DTL when AF is wide open.
Do you puff it like a cig? Or just inhale and the airflow is restricted?
Whats the Ω of the coil you use?

Daizical

Member For 1 Year
After looking at a couple reviews of Plato, looks it can do DTL albiet resticted DTL when AF is wide open.
Do you puff it like a cig? Or just inhale and the airflow is restricted?
Whats the Ω of the coil you use?
I guess puff like a cig. I haven’t really paid much attention until today There is some restriction.

I looked at my Plato display: 1.87Ω

Using it for DTL involves a different coil. Actually it requires different hardware for holding the coil too. Or the Nautilus needs an adapter. Or something. Idk how to explain. I have always used a Nautilus coil with it.

I’ve narrowed tanks down to HellBeast or Berserker v1.5. With the Jackaroo for sure.

I’m thinking Berserker v1.5 is my best option. I’ve done my homework and I’ll only be 100% sure after I try it. It’s not going to be exactly the same regardless. I think I can rebuild. Strength and prolonged dexterity (like painting/crafts for hours) are my issues with my wrists. I can do what I’ve seen so far. I’ll watch more videos to be sure. If you have reliable YT links I’m happy to follow them but I can search too.

Any last thoughts??

And thanks so much everyone
:thanks: :bliss:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess puff like a cig. I haven’t really paid much attention until today There is some restriction.

Using it for DTL involves a different coil. Actually it requires different hardware for holding the coil too. Or the Nautilus needs an adapter. Or something. Idk how to explain. I have always used a Nautilus coil with it.

I’ve narrowed tanks down to HellBeast or Berserker v1.5. With the Jackaroo for sure.

I’m thinking Berserker v1.5 is my best option. I’ve done my homework and I’ll only be 100% sure after I try it. It’s not going to be exactly the same regardless. I think I can rebuild. Strength and prolonged dexterity (like painting/crafts for hours) are my issues with my wrists. I can do what I’ve seen so far. I’ll watch more videos to be sure. If you have reliable YT links I’m happy to follow them but I can search too.

Any last thoughts??

I think you have done exceptionally well, with your research.

Model student. A++

:)

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Any last thoughts??

I have arthritis in my hands(thumbs lock in place/pain that is eye watering). And i can build n wrap coils. I just can't on really bad days.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I guess puff like a cig.

I’m thinking Berserker v1.5 is my best option.

Any last thoughts??

OK ! If resistance is 1.87 then it's MTL, but Plato can be DTL as well, probably more dependant on what coil is in there. IDK, I've no experience with it. IIRR you mentioned you vape Plato with AF wide open? And mentioned you'guess' you puff it like a cig? Do you pull the vape into your mouth then inhale, or just inhale? Maybe @Mykreign or @Nailz or someone that uses Beserker or the V1.5 can let us know about the airflow.
In this vid he shows @ 9:30 how he vapes Plato it with AF fully open.

Based on your description it looks like you'll enjoy V1.5. And the Jackaroo, I know I would :)
As far as the atty, you could get one now and get some experience of it, then add other atty's for which you could change deck design and AF if you wanted.. Get a rotation going for depending on how you want to vape atm, diff flavor in each, or like some - satisfy your shinyitis :giggle:
I vaped the same setup for over a year, then when I got a rebuildable that's all I do, and a collection of mods and attys....still better and cheaper than cigs.

If you cant decide tween Berserker and HellBeast, get both ! :D Variety...

Batteries are another animal. What batteries do you have, including brand? Will your charger charge a 21700? What charger is it?
If you have reliable YT links I’m happy to follow them but I can search too.
Some I follow are
Todds Reviews
Vaping with Vic
Mike Vapes
Suck My Mod
DJLsb Vapes
I don’t follow drama queen J Haze, and Rip Tripper is kinda out here, more of a salesman imo.

How to’s on dry fire/remove hot spots for a new coil, or clean a used coil are easy to find. Included coils are rarely SS, which is different because you use lower wattage and don’t overheat while dry firing, but most included are kanthal or N80 and those 2 have similar process.

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The beserker 1.5 air is fairly tight in my opinion. It's hard to say because the amount of air someone wants is subjective. Airflow wide open is more like a restricted lung hit. Close it down to get a MTL. I will say it's my favorite MTL rta, although I haven't tried that many.

It also comes with a fused clapton coil that is pretty good. I've been using it in mine for a few months now. I believe it ohms to 0.7 and I run it at 20 watts with the airflow barely open at all. 0.7 ohms is low for the typical MTL vape but I love it. It comes in a bag with the specs on it so you could order more coils that are the same. So maybe wait to order coils?

For cotton, I use cotton bacon prime.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
The beserker 1.5 air is fairly tight in my opinion. It's hard to say because the amount of air someone wants is subjective. Airflow wide open is more like a restricted lung hit. Close it down to get a MTL. I will say it's my favorite MTL rta, although I haven't tried that many.

It also comes with a fused clapton coil that is pretty good. I've been using it in mine for a few months now. I believe it ohms to 0.7 and I run it at 20 watts with the airflow barely open at all. 0.7 ohms is low for the typical MTL vape but I love it. It comes in a bag with the specs on it so you could order more coils that are the same. So maybe wait to order coils?

For cotton, I use cotton bacon prime.
Sounds like good news. I was hoping it wasn't too restricted even when wide open. OP should be able to adjust it to liking then, according to their feedback on how they've been vaping.

Are the legs on the included coils long enough to add a wrap? If you remember?

VU Sponsors