Become a Patron!

Need Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe, Please

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just mixed this, and my lime tastebuds must be on overdrive! I love lime, but I can taste it more than the lemon, so I'll try it without the lime.

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really want to try it but I haven't been able to find custard in stock...grrr. I'll save this one for later.

Edit: Never mind I found it at E-Liquid mart!

Last edited:

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I mixed a batch of Capella's Lemon Meringue Pie, which I got long ago because of all the rave reviews, just to have a baseline comparison. I hadn't vaped it in a long time, and no wonder - holy crap, it's lousy! There is a weird flavor along with lemon when you exhale. It's not meringue, crust, dairy, pudding...it's just chemical-ewww. So many lemon flavors give me that chemical taste, but not Lemon Sicily. Any version of FA lemon meringue pie would beat Capellas! With no good baseline comparison, and I know each person has their own idea of the ideal balance between light vs rich, sweet vs tart, lemon vs meringue, cream vs custard....

..I'm starting with a sweet, creamy-rich version for Emily, since she's been waiting forever. (A sweet-tangy-zippy version will be whole different recipe.) I'm vaping this next to Capella's at 8%. The flavor strength is about the same, but this is much tastier.

Sweet Lemon-Meringue Pie for Emily
3% FA Lemon Sicily
2% FA Vienna Cream
1% FA Custard
1% FA Meringue
1% FA Apple Pie
optional: Sucralose sweetener to taste
made to shake and vape!

Emily - This is about twice as strong as I usually vape, 8% total flavoring. Past 10%, it loses something in my opinion, so please try these percents first. I use max-VG, and this is plenty sweet to me without sweetener. But I don't know your mom's recipe or your PG-VG balance, so you might want to add some. If so, use a Sucralose sweetener instead of ethyl maltol ('cotton candy'). Both knock down the high notes of lemon, but ethyl maltol mutes it too much.

Vienna Cream adds overall sweet-creaminess and erases the tanginess of Meringue. Custard boosts the lemon and adds richness. Apple Pie adds rich crust and sweetens more; you don't taste the apples.

I hope it's along the lines of what you're looking for, Emily. I can tell you it sure beats Capella's! Oh - one other note on sweetness. Try a big puff and exhale a little faster than usual. It boosts sweetness. Weird but true.

(sweetangy version for Thunderball to follow...hopefully tomorrow)

I've FINALLY mixed this up!

I'll let you know how it is as soon as I get through the old LMP in the wick in my tank. :)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I did
4% lemon Sicily
4% meringue
2% cap cake batter to round off the crusty note.

Shaked and vaped and did not like it.. the cake batter was the main note.

I let it sit a few days and tried it again.. again did not like it.
Added 4% more lemon and 4% more meringue. and added a drop of lime to make the lemon pop.
Now it is vapable.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Next time I mix HIC's recipe, I may add a little more meringue or Vienna Cream, but overall I'm happy with this. :)

Let's see how it ages. :D

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Funny ill vape lemon meringue or key lime pie... or pudding flavor..
But set the shit in front of me I start gagging and retching at the sight of it..
It is a texture thing, just cannot eat those items....but vaping them no problem.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My other half had me make up another batch of this today.

She loves it . I do too, but I make hers just like HIC,s recipie ...... I make a batch for me with little or no meringue .

We're all so different.....funny isn't it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Funny ill vape lemon meringue or key lime pie... or pudding flavor..
But set the shit in front of me I start gagging and retching at the sight of it..
It is a texture thing, just cannot eat those items....but vaping them no problem.
Yeah , you can't pay me to eat shredded coconut , but love to vape it.

I love real lemon meringue pie , but can't stand to taste the meringue flavor in the vape recipie .

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Let's see how it ages. :D

Oh - I just remembered - you're doing the sweeter and less zesty one, right? You'll probably like it more after a day or two. Lemon Sicily and Meringue both mellow with age (I like zippy and tangy, so I vape immediately). If you want more Meringue, just add some! No need to wait for next time.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh - I just remembered - you're doing the sweeter and less zesty one, right? You'll probably like it more after a day or two. Lemon Sicily and Meringue both mellow with age (I like zippy and tangy, so I vape immediately). If you want more Meringue, just add some! No need to wait for next time.

True, and why the heck didn't I think of that? :doh:

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Gotta say the tangy LMP is a winner, HIC, thanks :) I tried it without Vienna Cream first, but I think 0.5% gives it the right balance - for me anyway!

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I JUST figured out what I need to do (I think!) to make this EXACTLY what I want...I'll use @HeadInClouds' recipe, but instead of Lemon Sicily, I'll use (GASP!) TFA Citrus Punch.

There's something a little off about Lemon Sicily, and after taking a sip of Mountain Dew a few minutes ago, THAT is the lemon flavor I need in this recipe (yes, I know there's more than lemon :p ).

I'll order some Citrus Punch and let y'all know. :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Do you have Mad Fruit by FA? I wonder if that would do it. I honestly have no idea.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Unfortunately, no, but I really do think that an accurate Mt Dew flavor will give me what I'm looking for. :)

I'll continue to vape HIC's recipe, as it's good, I just can't vape it for too long at a time. I need to switch it out with other juices from time to time.

I need more glassos.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you would like to know what my mom's (Sweet) Lemon Meringue Pie tastes like, I don't think you can get much closer than:

5% TFA Citrus Punch
2% FA Meringue
1% FA Vienna Cream
.5% FA Custard
.5% FA Apple Pie

Tell you the truth, it may not need custard, and if you don't include it, you could increase the Apple Pie to 1%.

I have just a little more Citrus Punch in it right now, and I think it should be at 5% rather than the 7% I have it at now.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tried a variation of this as well but used a mixture of 3% CAP Juicy Lemon and 3% FA Lemon Sicily. It gave me the not too sweet not to tart lemon flavor that I was looking for. Just my two cents, I'm not much of a citrus/pie vape expert though and it still needs a steep. Just branching out as always...

This is one tasty vape.

It's quite close from P.O.E.T. "Nonne Torta Al Limone" juice.

The poet one seems to have some tea flavour in the background that enhance IMHO the taste.
I'm going to try to add a hint of green tea flavour when I'll receive it.

angelc_vj

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys, sorry for the kind of Dumb question, but what is FA and where can I get some of those flavors you mentioned?? (Sorry I'm pretty new to the whole vaping and Its been like an hour since I actually thought of trying to make my own juice) sorry for the inconvenience

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi guys, sorry for the kind of Dumb question, but what is FA and where can I get some of those flavors you mentioned?? (Sorry I'm pretty new to the whole vaping and Its been like an hour since I actually thought of trying to make my own juice) sorry for the inconvenience

No inconvenience! You're in the right place. FA is an abbreviation for FlavourArt, the brand of flavoring being talked about. You can find them at http://mamajsflavorshop.com/ and http://www.bullcityvapor.com/ and http://www.ecigexpress.com/ They're great flavorings. TFA is known as The Flavor Apprentice, they also have some good ones (also known as TPA). Also found at the 2nd vendor.

angelc_vj

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thx huckle

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thx huckle

You're very welcome. Take your time, ask for help when you need it. Cruise the the DIY sub-forums, lots of great information. It can seem overwhelming, but it's really easy to do. There are some wonderful recipes posted, too. Some really good stuff. Welcome to VU :)

VU Sponsors