Become a Patron!

Need help with SMOK Stick V8 and coil issues

I've been using the smok stick V8 for a while now and I can't seem to make any of the smok coils last longer than around 4 days.

I recently bought an Eleaf mesh .15, and it's seeming to last a little longer, but my battery seems to drain and die faster than traditional coils. Which is odd, because from what I've been reading, mesh coils are supposed to EXTEND battery life. I know it's because you can run them at lower wattage with good results, so with the SMOK stick being unregulated, is that why it's killing my battery?

ALSO: Along with the Eleaf mesh coil, I picked up their Quad barrel .3 ohm coil, and when I tried to use it with the stick, it took like 2 seconds before it would start to vape and sizzle. My normal .5 to 1 second drag produced practically no vapor. And I noticed it was getting hot QUICK.

What's the deal with that?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU :cheers:

Check coil authenticity. 4 days may be about it for smok coil depending on juice and how often you vape. Clean the tank when changing coils.
For longer run time between charges, get a regulated dual battery mod so you can adjust the wattage [for that .3Ω ramp up time or] for whatever coil you find that you like.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been using the smok stick V8 for a while now and I can't seem to make any of the smok coils last longer than around 4 days.

I recently bought an Eleaf mesh .15, and it's seeming to last a little longer, but my battery seems to drain and die faster than traditional coils. Which is odd, because from what I've been reading, mesh coils are supposed to EXTEND battery life. I know it's because you can run them at lower wattage with good results, so with the SMOK stick being unregulated, is that why it's killing my battery?

ALSO: Along with the Eleaf mesh coil, I picked up their Quad barrel .3 ohm coil, and when I tried to use it with the stick, it took like 2 seconds before it would start to vape and sizzle. My normal .5 to 1 second drag produced practically no vapor. And I noticed it was getting hot QUICK.

What's the deal with that?
It's your liquid that's ruining the coils so fast. I've used those coils and they lasted me over a month easy.

The mesh coils are usually a good option. I don't know why your battery would be draining faster. Get a regulated device with external batteries. You can swap out the cells when they get low. You also have more control on the power output.

mkbkr1

Member For 4 Years
Try Geekvape Super Mesh coils, the. 3 ohm. I use the. 2 in my BBB on a Switcher mod, vape about 20 to 30 ml a day and get 2 weeks easy. On that stick mod if go with the .3 ohm coil though. It'll help the battery last longer.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors