Become a Patron!

Need help with coils.

Hey guys, i have no experience with rda's or building but tank coils are expensive and my last set lasted around 80 pulls each..iv had enough of that and ill be picking up an rda soon. i am no good at math so ohms law goes right over my head, i could use some help. im thinking of either getting the Profile rda or the Hellvape Rebirth. i was told my mod can run the Profiles mesh strips without any safety issues, but im not sure about coils for the Hellvape Rebirth. This is what im using.

Aegis Legend 200W mod (i dont go over 80W usually)
Samsung 30Q 18650 batteries.

would i be able to run a dual coil fused claption at 3mm 6 wrap? i would be buying them pre-made.

Also if anyone has the Profile rda could i get your opinion on it? i am leaning quite heavily on the side of getting one.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
About the RDA I do not have it so i can not help with that.

But the other question:

If you are running dual coils whatever ohms that the coils are listed at will be halved because of the second coil.

For instance i've seen many clapton variations that come in 0.4 ohms.
You put two in and it will be at around 0.2ohms.

I vape at around between 80 and 85 watts.
I have mod mods set to 82, 83, or 82.5 on the ones that go to .5 and when I build my RTA's I always shoot for between 0.2 and 0.25 ohms.

You will probably have the most luck with dual coils that are 0.40 to 0.50 ohms each.

The ohms of the coil are important.
What are the ohms on the pre made coils you have chosen?

Have you thought about an RTA?
You get the convenience of a tank with the upkeep cost of a rebuildable.

These are the coils iv looked at.

3.5mm
https://www.sirvape.co.za/collectio...s/new-fused-clapton-by-bubble-wraps-3-5-mm-id

3mm
https://www.sirvape.co.za/collections/prebuilt-coils/products/new-fused-clapton-by-bubble-wraps

there are no ohm readings on the 3mm so im not really sure, the 3.5mm comes to .24 as a dual set up

i have looked at RTA but i always see people saying they leak if you dont wick em just right, and im a bit of a clean freak, cant stand leaks so as long as i am mindful of my dripping i should not have to worry about that on an RDA...thats my thinking anyway.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
So with those coils it would be safe in my mod? no chance of venting and me going to hospital? :p
Also i noticed there are 3 types of those coils, which would you recommend?

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
With your Legend + 30Q's you're good to go for your 80+ watts.
Their alien is essentially a clapton with a different size wrap. 34 vs 36. 36 or higher for the wrap is better.
I like 5150's resistance pick for dual coil, and being 3 id could be easier to install.
Some use the term alien while not truly being one. Alien is achieved by being hand built to get the wavy wrap, like these.
FF.png

Thank you guys so much, i think i might go for coils vs the mesh of the Profile as they seem a bit easier to wick and apparently mesh dry hits are much worse, so coils might be a bit more forgiving to someone who is new.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hey guys, i have no experience with rda's or building but tank coils are expensive and my last set lasted around 80 pulls each..iv had enough of that and ill be picking up an rda soon. i am no good at math so ohms law goes right over my head, i could use some help. im thinking of either getting the Profile rda or the Hellvape Rebirth. i was told my mod can run the Profiles mesh strips without any safety issues, but im not sure about coils for the Hellvape Rebirth. This is what im using.

would i be able to run a dual coil fused claption at 3mm 6 wrap? i would be buying them pre-made.

Also if anyone has the Profile rda could i get your opinion on it? i am leaning quite heavily on the side of getting one.
Should be fine. Probably vape between 85 and 120 ish depending on your taste. But 200W will handle your build no problem.
The best RDA I have for flavor is Tsunami 22mm which might be hard to get. I'm thinking about trying the 24mm.
As you start building your own coils, you will find 26ga and 28ga are your go to core wires. 24ga will work for 2 core claptons, but 3 makes the ohms low and power requirement pretty high.

The Samsung 3000 will work fine for you. I am using them now. I use 3 sets and charge them with smart charger. Almost any clapton is ok with 6 raps but keep your Ohms above 0.11 or so. When you buy your coils the ohms will be posted and of course with dual you cut that in two. If you can get into building your own coils, which is very habit forming. Look up steam engine.org on the net that will be the coil builder best friend. Live and learn. And don't let your mod get warm if so something is wrong. Vape on dude.

VU Sponsors