Become a Patron!

Need Help - Vape Constantly Gurgling

Hi, im pretty new to vaping, and dont know much about the technical aspect of it. Ive had my vape for about a month now, and since yesterday, it constantly gurgles. I have a cheap aspire tank, not sure what type, and an itaste MVP. I've tried everything i can think of: refilling the tank, recharging my battery, cleaning my tank, cleaning my battery... the list goes on. Does anyone have any experience with this, or know anything i can do to try to fix it? After a few minutes, i can get 1-3 good hits without any gurgling, then on the 4th hit it starts gurgling, and gets worse as i hit it more.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gurgling is a sign of an oversaturated wick. Basically you have more juice than the coil can vaporize. There's a few things.

Now, first I didn't read anything about trying a new coil, how old is the coil? And old coil will generally have burnt or degraded wick which means the "seal" on the tank's "vacuum pressure" is weakened meaning it'll be easier for the juice to flow in. Is the tank leaking as well?

As for some troubleshooting if everything seems fine, turn it all upside down and blow out instead of breathing in, this will clear the coilhead of the excess juice. I'd hold a rag or paper towel around the airflow as you'll likely have juice coming out of that, don't close off the airflow just have the rag there to catch that juice so it doesn't fall in your face and so there's less of a mess to wipe up afterwards.

If you can get a quick picture of the tank people might have more specific comments as well.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sucking too hard will cause gurgling.
Using thinner/higher PG ratio juice will cause gurgling in some tanks/clearomizers.
Using too low of a wattage can also cause gurgling.
And as Jerus said an old coil can gurgle.

Twiztidwoundz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Could also indicate bad o-ring(s)... not making a proper seal.

Andria
This ! My partners would do that, we later learned the atomizer was being screwed on to tight caused gurgling and leaking. Then with a different tank with an Rta the o-ring went stale, so we slapped a different one on it. You can pull one from a dead atomizer if that's the case give both a try and see if that helps you.

Sent from cat hair using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This ! My partners would do that, we later learned the atomizer was being screwed on to tight caused gurgling and leaking. Then with a different tank with an Rta the o-ring went stale, so we slapped a different one on it. You can pull one from a dead atomizer if that's the case give both a try and see if that helps you.

Sent from cat hair using Tapatalk

Yeah sometimes it can be hard to tell if an o-ring just has a slight nick; it might seem ok, but that slight nick is just enough to keep it from sealing properly.

Andria

VU Sponsors