Become a Patron!

Need help of which awesome pre-made coil to get with Reload RTA

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You can either loose a wrap, use 38g or 40g or do 4 core with 4 or 5 wraps instead of 3 core with 6 or 7 wraps.
36g takes a big bite out of your ramp speed so I'd probably try 3 core, 40g fuse with 6 wraps.
You can also do everything the exact same way you've already got it but with a smaller ID.

Sent from my E5306 using Tapatalk
Thanks

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sit the wicks over the holes like any other RTA. Don't sit the wicks in the hole at all.
If the wicks cover the hole plus the area around it, you shouldn't have any leaks.
Just use as much cotton as the coil needs. Any more than necessary will mute the flavor and slow the wicking.
I use actually Rayon instead of cotton. I cut the tails almost in half and there's still enough for it to not leak on it's side.
Rayon wicks differently and much faster so I actually do get my wick down in the channel.

Thank you @whiteowl84, I rewicked and did it just like you said. I didn't have a mess to wipe off when I filled up with juice this time. Now all I've got to do is learn how much cotton to pull off to begin with, and that's only gonna come with practice. At least I know where to cut it now. :)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me, 28x2/38 SS fused Claptons around 0.19 is my sweet spot.

1afbbccfc199bd74e27f0b815d3997ad.jpg
579228b06e1a5ce64abb0535cac7d2a5.jpg
d8882b72bb5c7a6b241fc6e5dee0f970.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Me, 28x2/38 SS fused Claptons around 0.19 is my sweet spot.

1afbbccfc199bd74e27f0b815d3997ad.jpg
579228b06e1a5ce64abb0535cac7d2a5.jpg
d8882b72bb5c7a6b241fc6e5dee0f970.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

My wicking ain't nearly that pretty, but it's not leaking and I'm not gettin dry hits so I'm not complaining. :D

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want a great overall vape make your own with some ohomega tiger wire! Probably the best coil you can build without a drill. Great taste big clouds and easy. Then when you want stepup to fused claptons

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have been vaping on a triple core 28 gauge kanthal fused with 36 gauge kanthal. I really like it. Not sure who you can buy it from but advancedvapesupply.com has this same build but as stainless steel which is also great. My mod doesn't have a preheat or temp control so I chose to use kanthal instead.

Firstly your mod's using 2 charged 4.2v cells in series to make 8.4v which it steps down or up using silicon, chokes and buck converters.
At 100w using a 0.2ohm build:
100w/8.4v=11.9a

Now same 100w using a 0.1ohm build:
100w/8.4=11.9a

Look, the pack spends the same amperage to make 100w no matter what! Isn't math awesome?

Just focusing on this statement and formula, it cannot be correct unless you intended to convey some other idea.

If the resistive load changes, you cannot have the same power, voltage and current. Since you mentioned these devices stepping the voltage, I assume you made a mistake in the 2nd formula?

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just focusing on this statement and formula, it cannot be correct unless you intended to convey some other idea.

If the resistive load changes, you cannot have the same power, voltage and current. Since you mentioned these devices stepping the voltage, I assume you made a mistake in the 2nd formula?
The mod requests 100w from the battery(s) then regulates and converts that to what the coil needs.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You can request watts all day long but all the battery will _ever_ deliver is current. :)
Hopefully that was a joke but just incase it wasn't it requests the amount of amps to make the watts you are requesting using the voltage the batteries are at.;)

i have a i joy captain x3 with a i joy maxo i wanna get coils for the build deck but im not sure what would be best. recommendations?

VU Sponsors