Become a Patron!

Need Help From the Experienced !!!! ( general questions )

DoWork69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I'm new to Vaping and have ran into several small issues but i need to hear input from people who know what they are talking about . The dudes at my local vape shop are all kinda a younger crowd and I feel like they have no clue what they are talking about. Anyways heres what I've been dealing with ....

My current set up Kanger Subtank Mini with Eleaf istick 50w

first off I used to smoke a pack a day and I chain vapor , I just got the sub tank and i freaking vaped 15 ml in dayyyyyyy , no joke if i really wanted to i could probably suck 3/4 of the juice in one hit if i went hard at it. Now that juice was only 3mg nic which was my first mistake , I have 6mg now which helped a lot but I'm still using sooooo much vapor. Im only vaping at around 12 watts averaging 3 second pulls . I could go higher but I'm not trying to kill all my juice. I guess where I'm getting at is how can i get good flavor and not use so much juice. I like vapor production but not at the cost of 10 ml a day. If it has as much vapor as a cig fine great thats good enough ill just crank it when i wana show off or piss off my gf in bed. Any suggestions ?

Next question , my vape has a cotton taste to it . Its hard to describe but it just has this cottony after taste to it as if i was breathing through a bag of cotton balls or something. Whats that all about ? And yes i have the RDA in right now .5 ohm coil , using the cotton the sub tank came with.

Last Question , Wtf is up with finding a decent juice ? I seriously think the dudes at the Vape shop get annoyed cuz i make them let me try tons of flavors and i feel all pressured so i just say fuck it pick one go home and a 1 hr regret buying it. Why can't i find that " all day juice " with a great taste , no weird after taste with just the right amount of throat hit . I feel like I've wasted so much money on this shit and I'm getting frustrated. I thought Vaping was supposed to save you money not cost more. And don't get me started on juice prices. juice is so marked up its not even funny. I recently order from Dr. Crimmys haven't received it yet but I'm praying its as good as people make it sound. By the way has anyone ordered from them ? its been over a week and I still haven't even got a tracking number. Had i known it be that long I never would of ordered from them in the first place. Anyways If someone can help me in any way possible id greatly appreciate it !!

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I'm new to Vaping and have ran into several small issues but i need to hear input from people who know what they are talking about . The dudes at my local vape shop are all kinda a younger crowd and I feel like they have no clue what they are talking about. Anyways heres what I've been dealing with ....

first off I used to smoke a pack a day and I chain vapor , I just got the sub tank and i freaking vaped 15 ml in dayyyyyyy , no joke if i really wanted to i could probably suck 3/4 of the juice in one hit if i went hard at it. Now that juice was only 3mg nic which was my first mistake , I have 6mg now which helped a lot but I'm still using sooooo much vapor. Im only vaping at around 12 watts averaging 3 second pulls . I could go higher but I'm not trying to kill all my juice. I guess where I'm getting at is how can i get good flavor and not use so much juice. I like vapor production but not at the cost of 10 ml a day. If it has as much vapor as a cig fine great thats good enough ill just crank it when i wana show off or piss off my gf in bed. Any suggestions ?

Next question , my vape has a cotton taste to it . Its hard to describe but it just has this cottony after taste to it as if i was breathing through a bag of cotton balls or something. Whats that all about ? And yes i have the RDA in right now .5 ohm coil , using the cotton the sub tank came with.

Last Question , Wtf is up with finding a decent juice ? I seriously think the dudes at the Vape shop get annoyed cuz i make them let me try tons of flavors and i feel all pressured so i just say fuck it pick one go home and a 1 hr regret buying it. Why can't i find that " all day juice " with a great taste , no weird after taste with just the right amount of throat hit . I feel like I've wasted so much money on this shit and I'm getting frustrated. I thought Vaping was supposed to save you money not cost more. And don't get me started on juice prices. juice is so marked up its not even funny. I recently order from Dr. Crimmys haven't received it yet but I'm praying its as good as people make it sound. By the way has anyone ordered from them ? its been over a week and I still haven't even got a tracking number. Had i known it be that long I never would of ordered from them in the first place. Anyways If someone can help me in any way possible id greatly appreciate it !!
3 second hits and killing 10 mls a day? Are you getting light headed from all those little hits? You must be rocking that thing like little dumbbell or something.

A cotton taste would normally go away shortly after starting a new wick, so does it go away or stick around all the time?

As for the vape shop trials, find one that has all their juice samples out on a bar. Take your own driptip and mod if it has an ego connector (most shops use ego style tanks for their samplers) and just go to town. Ignore the shop people and just start at one end of the bar and work your way down. The only real issue is that it starts to get hard to distingusih some flavors with so much switching so what I did was pull out my top 5 and then vape them back to back to narrow it down until I found my first ones.

Also, as a new vaper who was a pack and half a day smoker, you really need to start off with a higher nic level. I've never used a Subtank, but in my Kayfun and Orchid RTA's which are similar to a Subtank, I use 18mg and when I first started I had to use 24mg for a couple of weeks to keep off the cancer sticks in order to overcome the initial nic fits.

As a new vaper you are going to want something with a stronger flavor because your taste buds are shot to hell right now. As I said, find a new vape shop and walk in and tell them that you are a fresh ex-smoker and need them to point you to their strongest flavors. Think about what you like in candies and desserts and start with things with that profile unless you really like the taste of tobacco. I personally have never tried a tobacco vape because I don't want anything that reminds me of cigs and I think a tobacco vape would just make it easier for me to bum a smoke or think that it would be easy to sneak one every now and again. I want a cig to taste bad if I try to sneak one in.

If you like menthol cigarettes, then getting a good menthol vape is easy just because menthol is a pretty strong flavor. Cinnamon vapes have a good strong taste as well.

Let us know what kinds of flavors you like and some of us can give you some brands that you can try in a B&M and let us know what area of B'more you live in and someone can probably recommend a shop in your area.

DoWork69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
3 second hits and killing 10 mls a day? Are you getting light headed from all those little hits? You must be rocking that thing like little dumbbell or something.

A cotton taste would normally go away shortly after starting a new wick, so does it go away or stick around all the time?

As for the vape shop trials, find one that has all their juice samples out on a bar. Take your own driptip and mod if it has an ego connector (most shops use ego style tanks for their samplers) and just go to town. Ignore the shop people and just start at one end of the bar and work your way down. The only real issue is that it starts to get hard to distingusih some flavors with so much switching so what I did was pull out my top 5 and then vape them back to back to narrow it down until I found my first ones.

Also, as a new vaper who was a pack and half a day smoker, you really need to start off with a higher nic level. I've never used a Subtank, but in my Kayfun and Orchid RTA's which are similar to a Subtank, I use 18mg and when I first started I had to use 24mg for a couple of weeks to keep off the cancer sticks in order to overcome the initial nic fits.

As a new vaper you are going to want something with a stronger flavor because your taste buds are shot to hell right now. As I said, find a new vape shop and walk in and tell them that you are a fresh ex-smoker and need them to point you to their strongest flavors. Think about what you like in candies and desserts and start with things with that profile unless you really like the taste of tobacco. I personally have never tried a tobacco vape because I don't want anything that reminds me of cigs and I think a tobacco vape would just make it easier for me to bum a smoke or think that it would be easy to sneak one every now and again. I want a cig to taste bad if I try to sneak one in.

If you like menthol cigarettes, then getting a good menthol vape is easy just because menthol is a pretty strong flavor. Cinnamon vapes have a good strong taste as well.

Let us know what kinds of flavors you like and some of us can give you some brands that you can try in a B&M and let us know what area of B'more you live in and someone can probably recommend a shop in your area.

Lol well i just upgraded my whole set up from an ego to the subtank / isitck so I've been smoking the shittttt out that thing !! but I've chilled out some plus i have full air flow and that vapor just flys into my lungs , but i think ur right I'm probably craving nicotine but i feel like 12 mg might be a little to harsh for me in the sub tank. I actually have some 12mg nic juice and ill give it a go and see if its not to bad . The one flavor thats ok not amazing but tolerable i found was a Gummie bear flavor . And thats so weird cuz every fancy flavor or dessert flavor are the ones that tastes shitty to me . I tried five pawns and it was ok but again not anything great so it has to be that I'm fresh out the gate from quitng cigs.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like Hot Tamale and Cinnammon Red Hots candies and found that my ADV's are cinnammon based.

Blueberry Violence from Namber Juice is a good with a strong flavor. It is a blueberry cinnamon vape.

Sinnammon from NiqQuid is a Cinnammon Red Hot vape and also good.

If you like black licorice then pretty much anything with absinith or anise will be good to try. Pluid sold by Vaping Watch is very highly recommended by anyone who likes black licorice, and surprisingly by a lot of people who hate black licorice :confused:

Don't fall for the claim that boutique brands will have better tastes, especially for someone fresh off cigs. Boutique brands tend to have subtle and complex flavor profiles and can't really be appreciated until your taste buds recover in a couple of months to a year. Probably on the longer end of the scale given your smoking history.

Sweet Tarts type vapes can be good to, but I haven't bought any of them, just made DIY ones.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
dejavu_fry.jpeg

DoWork69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like Hot Tamale and Cinnammon Red Hots candies and found that my ADV's are cinnammon based.

Blueberry Violence from Namber Juice is a good with a strong flavor. It is a blueberry cinnamon vape.

Sinnammon from NiqQuid is a Cinnammon Red Hot vape and also good.

If you like black licorice then pretty much anything with absinith or anise will be good to try. Pluid sold by Vaping Watch is very highly recommended by anyone who likes black licorice, and surprisingly by a lot of people who hate black licorice :confused:

Don't fall for the claim that boutique brands will have better tastes, especially for someone fresh off cigs. Boutique brands tend to have subtle and complex flavor profiles and can't really be appreciated until your taste buds recover in a couple of months to a year. Probably on the longer end of the scale given your smoking history.

Sweet Tarts type vapes can be good to, but I haven't bought any of them, just made DIY ones.

To be honest with u , after hearing a lot of good advice I think Ill probably end up looking into just making my own juice at this point. I mean I know Its gonna happen with my budget and smoking habits its inevitable

I'd recommend thevaporhut.com for juice, they have a ton of flavors to choose from and very fast shipping. If there's another juice that you'd like to try when checking out, you can leave a comment asking them to send a few sample bottles. They've always hooked me up with freebies, my first order from them was 100ml of 6mg juice called VanApplewood, (my favorite ADV) and I didn't ask for samples. When my package arrived 5 days later, I saw that they gave me 3 different 20ml sample bottles for some of their best sellers. I paid $50 for 100ml's of juice and got 60 more ml for free.

Some of my favorite juices are VanApplewood, Wookie Cookie, Mossy Oak, Yo Duh, and Strawberry Cheesecake.

I don't use organic cotton anymore, just curious...did you boil your cotton before use? You might wanna boil it and then let it dry out and do this a few times before using it as a wick so you make sure it's clean, and make sure it's 100% organic cotton and not one that was bleached.

I use rayon now, (Cellucotton) it's cheap, doesn't keep the old flavor when changing to a different juice, has less dry hits. I bought a box of rayon from a beauty supply shop for $16 and it was 500ft of rayon fibers. I'm pretty set on wicking material for a while. You might wanna check it out. Good luck man.

When you get tired of that mod, head over to reosmods.com and get you a LP reo grand and bottom fed atomizer setup. Their all I use now, if they interest you and want more info, check out the reos mods sub forum here in ecf, you can find it under the forum suppliers section.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd recommend thevaporhut.com for juice, they have a ton of flavors to choose from and very fast shipping. If there's another juice that you'd like to try when checking out, you can leave a comment asking them to send a few sample bottles. They've always hooked me up with freebies, my first order from them was 100ml of 6mg juice called VanApplewood, (my favorite ADV) and I didn't ask for samples. When my package arrived 5 days later, I saw that they gave me 3 different 20ml sample bottles for some of their best sellers. I paid $50 for 100ml's of juice and got 60 more ml for free.

Some of my favorite juices are VanApplewood, Wookie Cookie, Mossy Oak, Yo Duh, and Strawberry Cheesecake.

I don't use organic cotton anymore, just curious...did you boil your cotton before use? You might wanna boil it and then let it dry out and do this a few times before using it as a wick so you make sure it's clean, and make sure it's 100% organic cotton and not one that was bleached.

I use rayon now, (Cellucotton) it's cheap, doesn't keep the old flavor when changing to a different juice, has less dry hits. I bought a box of rayon from a beauty supply shop for $16 and it was 500ft of rayon fibers. I'm pretty set on wicking material for a while. You might wanna check it out. Good luck man.

When you get tired of that mod, head over to reosmods.com and get you a LP reo grand and bottom fed atomizer setup. Their all I use now, if they interest you and want more info, check out the reos mods sub forum here in ecf, you can find it under the forum suppliers section.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have a sub tank as well and I luv it for blowin some cloud, but it does eat juice and will not satisfy the the cig craving cuz of this: u cannot put a high enough nic level in it, or it will make u sick. I agree, you need some 12 or 18 mg nic, but not in a sub tank. I recommend 12 or 18 nic in something like an aspire mini nautilus, that is not a direct lung hit. Tons of lung and throat hit, satisfy s the nic fit, and uses way way way less juice, imho:)

If you wanna quit the cigarettes for sure and save money vaping, get rid of the tank setup all together and get into rebuilding atomizers. Again, if you want the best vape ever and save juice and not have to drip every 3 minutes, then get a LP reo grand from reos mods.

It's bottom fed, the reo grand has a on board 6ml bottle of juice, and runs off a 18650 battery. Just sqounk the bottle for fresh juice on demand to saturate your wick/coil then vape away. If you want a big atomizer get a low profile grand. Order 100' spools of wire from lightening vapes or temco.com online. Watch videos online to show you how to build coils, there's plenty of online tools and videos to get you up and running.

This is my .02 cents. Again, good luck...oh and at most Id only run at the highest 12mg Nic on a rba with 100vg mix for less throat hit.

2c8c1b81199e9fd4a2d5079ec61330ec.jpg

These are my LP reo grands. All I use now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
part of what youre dealing with is the simple fact that the subtank, like the atlantis, just isnt a very efficient tank.its going to go through some liquids. the atlantis goes through liquid like a kid through cupcakes.
now heres the rub.... that consumption level is the trade off for the flavor level. if youre willing to sacrifice some of the flavor you can get a more efficient tank like the nautilus,ceram or an aerotank. all of which still provide good flavor with respectable vapor, just without killing off quite so much liquid.but no build deck.

ive got a few knockabout devices i use throughout the day..ipv2.1,mvp istick30.... and then the brass monkee and route66(among others) for dripping in my leisure time.i still use a fair bit of liquid in a day but well below support group levels and certainly not enough to raise the wifes ire

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you wanna quit the cigarettes for sure and save money vaping, get rid of the tank setup all together and get into rebuilding atomizers. Again, if you want the best vape ever and save juice and not have to drip every 3 minutes, then get a LP reo grand from reos mods.

It's bottom fed, the reo grand has a on board 6ml bottle of juice, and runs off a 18650 battery. Just sqounk the bottle for fresh juice on demand to saturate your wick/coil then vape away. If you want a big atomizer get a low profile grand. Order 100' spools of wire from lightening vapes or temco.com online. Watch videos online to show you how to build coils, there's plenty of online tools and videos to get you up and running.

This is my .02 cents. Again, good luck...oh and at most Id only run at the highest 12mg Nic on a rba with 100vg mix for less throat hit.

2c8c1b81199e9fd4a2d5079ec61330ec.jpg

These are my LP reo grands. All I use now.

can you get those in 26650?

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thats battery discrimination

gdovinty

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Don't use just cotton balls you buy at Walmart I ran into the same problems the local vape shop should have reyon or organic Japanese cotton I'd use those.

Also I don't know if your vape shop has house juices and premium juice but if it does I'd go with premium juice the flavor is better and for me at least it lasts longer.

DoWork69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm about to flip the fuck out , Why is this such a bitch i can't win at this. Now i can't seem to get this burnt flavor to go away, i have re wicked my coil 5 times now trying more / less each time same problem. I don't get it either cuz it will give the burnt taste at 3 watts , what i really need is a god dam cigarette at this point jesus. This is happening using the RBA with a .5 ohm coil. 50/50 juice

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had a few drinks so forgive me if I'm a bit thick here but...you're using the same .05 rba coils and re-wicking them?
I only ask because in one post you say rba and another says rda.
regardless, what is the flavor and nic content?

If you're burning cotton @ 3w then something is seriously off. Most likely your wicking.

Fwiw, if you're lung hitting you'll know a dry hit instantly!

DoWork69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had a few drinks so forgive me if I'm a bit thick here but...you're using the same .05 rba coils and re-wicking them?
I only ask because in one post you say rba and another says rda.
regardless, what is the flavor and nic content?

If you're burning cotton @ 3w then something is seriously off. Most likely your wicking.

Fwiw, if you're lung hitting you'll know a dry hit instantly!

its a red hot cinnamon , and of course i finally give up on the juice put this mango in there boom nothing wrong wtf is the deal with that ? and i am lung hiting it , a few drinks its freaking monday lol

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another thing to check, I'm still unsure if you're building on a deck or not and I have no experience with the eleaf 50 but if you're on a rebuild able deck, make sure those set screws are tight!
If not your res will vary as will your volts to accommodate regardless of wattage.
if your ".5ohm" is poorly terminated it could actually be firing well above what you think it should.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shit brother...Mondays are the best days for drinks...;)

I'll lay it out straight for ya.
cinnamon is what's doing it.
I have the same affliction. Some can vape cinnamon all damn day but for me, all it does is burn my lungs and make me hack.
it's an awesome flavor in small doses but doesn't work for some in full on lung pulls.

DoWork69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Another thing to check, I'm still unsure if you're building on a deck or not and I have no experience with the eleaf 50 but if you're on a rebuild able deck, make sure those set screws are tight!
If not your res will vary as will your volts to accommodate regardless of wattage.
if your ".5ohm" is poorly terminated it could actually be firing well above what you think it should.

yeah i was checking for that and made sure they were tight i dunno . And yeah its the rebuildable the sub tank mini comes with

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I doubt you give a shit but I'm puffin on peach mango mimosa atm.
I could add a few drops of cinnamon and ruin the whole tank....

DoWork69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I have the same affliction. Some can vape cinnamon all damn day but for me, all it does is burn my lungs and make me hack.
it's an awesome flavor in small doses but doesn't work for some in full on lung pulls.

I did the cinnamon cuz i wanted a strong ass flavor given my taste buds are shot to shit right now , but of course the one flavor i do taste amazingly right now is burnt crud extract .

DoWork69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
lol i wish i could appreciate those flavors , I'm just sipping on my shitty local shop brand mango aged to perfection in a dusty storage room

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did the same shizz...
started with 24mg looking for the strongest flavors.....
it took me a few years and a metric fuck ton of wasted coins to see that I was going about it all wrong.

You aren't going to find anything that tastes or hits like an actual cig in vaping.
you can surpass the exhale but nothing I've tried comes close to the taste (disgusting after your taste buds wake the fuck back up) of cigs.
The best thing to do is to think about some of your favorite foods and smells and try to find a flavor from there.
once you ween off of or atleast cut back on cigs your senses will start to come back gradually.
I can't promise it will hold true for you but I'm still smoking but I'm to the point that when I light a cig, i take a few drags and start craving the flavor of vaping.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol i wish i could appreciate those flavors , I'm just sipping on my shitty local shop brand mango aged to perfection in a dusty storage room
Lol, I bought 3 over priced bottles of the peach mango mimosa on the same visit and every bottle is a different shade......
it's all in the good though.
it still tastes better and I could vape for the next 20 years and hardly put a dent in what I've spent on tobacco....

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I put Mondays right up there with Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays for drinking:)

DoWork69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol, I bought 3 over priced bottles of the peach mango mimosa on the same visit and every bottle is a different shade......
it's all in the good though.
it still tastes better and I could vape for the next 20 years and hardly put a dent in what I've spent on tobacco....

i hear ya , I've smoked roughly 4 cigs in the past month but the longer i go with out the worse and worse they tasted. Eventually so bad it was purely for nicotine nothing else . i don't even want them plus i enjoy smelling good and my teeth were def getting stains and that was getting to me as well. Thats why I'm taking this vape thing seriously i just enjoy smoking but whats not to love about smoking delicious treats without the cancer , ill be super bummed if in 20 years studies so vapor is the # 1 cause of cancer lol

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Give it time grasshopper.
if big Pharma and TOB have their way, vaping will be the #1 killer..

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as politics go, vaping has both parties in an uproar simply so they can use it as propoganda since both sides are in the pockets of pharm and tob.

DoWork69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i no its so awesome just another reason for me to keep vaping

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It kinda makes.you wonder what would happen if all tobacco sales ceased for a week.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They would tax the fuck outta vaping I think. Dont want that:(
If they didn't already have a bill on the books for it and everyone stopped buying smokes?
The US would shut the fuck down!!!
I don't think people fully understand how much this countries economy depends on the taxes from tobacco.
go to midwest/northeast states. Sales taxes on a single pack are almost equal to the cost of the pack.
I went back home to Michigan 2 years ago and a pack of Marlboro lights was almost $9.
Here in SC we get a pack for around $5.
We aren't the cheapest around and MI isn't the most expensive but when there's a margin that large and it's all taxes, think about the revenue per pack in that one state alone..

Don't get me wrong, I don't condone price gouging, tobacco or even inflated sales taxes. I'm just making a point.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If they didn't already have a bill on the books for it and everyone stopped buying smokes?
The US would shut the fuck down!!!
I don't think people fully understand how much this countries economy depends on the taxes from tobacco.
go to midwest/northeast states. Sales taxes on a single pack are almost equal to the cost of the pack.
I went back home to Michigan 2 years ago and a pack of Marlboro lights was almost $9.
Here in SC we get a pack for around $5.
We aren't the cheapest around and MI isn't the most expensive but when there's a margin that large and it's all taxes, think about the revenue per pack in that one state alone..

Don't get me wrong, I don't condone price gouging, tobacco or even inflated sales taxes. I'm just making a point.
I hear ya, and agree with you. To me its not that different than alcohol. I chose to drink (alot), and I have to pay for it. I don't mind that. It's my choice. But I do often question if the money really gites where it is suppose to. .......

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know exactly where my alcohol and tobacco taxes are going.
straight into fat daddy's fat pockets.I'm not proud of it but I've been padding those pockets for the majority of my life and TBH, parting with a few shillings for those two vices has probably kept me from having to dig shallow ditches on more then one occasion.
The one that I wonder about is the "SE educational lottery".
I'm not sure where you're located but our state lottery is seperate from the National and supposedly, a large percentage of the profits after cost go directly to education.
I don't play but I stand in line behind 3 or 4 people buying tickets every time I walk into any.gas station and our JP's hover around 100 mil per so I know people are playing. In the last 6 years, between charleston, dorchester and Berkeley county,2 schools have have been closed per year.
Where's THAT money going ya greedy bastids????

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
straight into fat daddy's fat pockets.I'm not proud of it but I've been padding those pockets for the majority of my life and TBH, parting with a few shillings for those two vices has probably kept me from having to dig shallow ditches on more then one occasion.
I'm not sure where you're located but our state lottery is seperate from the National and supposedly, a large percentage of the profits after cost go directly to education.
I don't play but I stand in line behind 3 or 4 people buying tickets every time I walk into any.gas station and our JP's hover around 100 mil per so I know people are playing. In the last 6 years, between charleston, dorchester and Berkeley county,2 schools have have been closed per year.
I couldn't agree more, again:) im in illinois, where they supposedly have the same thing, yet school s are closing all the time, and teachers are suffering in more ways than one. My wife is a teacher, so I suppose im bias, but this drives her ape shit. Our school system is in shambles, and I have two young daughter's that are gonna have to try to come up through it. Maybe this is why I drink a 30 pack every day, and pad their pockets even more! !!!!!:)

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn! A case a day? Please teach me obi wan.....;)
Seriously though, it's a damn shame.
schools and hospitals (OL is a nurse) are closing and down sizing at alarming rates but new, privately owned prisons are built quarterly simply because they have so many ways to incarcerate honest citizens and it's such a cash cow.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn! A case a day? Please teach me obi wan.....;)
Seriously though, it's a damn shame.
schools and hospitals (OL is a nurse) are closing and down sizing at alarming rates but new, privately owned prisons are built quarterly simply because they have so many ways to incarcerate honest citizens and it's such a cash cow.
I hear ya brother. Case a day is easy. After u open the 29th one, open the 30th, drink it down and u are done:):) :)

DoWork69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Dam it got deep in here , And you guys are absolutely right ! Tobacco taxs alone are pretty incredible to consider but sadly that is just ONE of thousands of things the government is collecting on. Taking all those into consideration and were still giving 20-25% OF OUR EARNINGS for christ sake ( interest free ) , yet i look around and nothings different the only thing that has changed for me and this the honest truth is money is getting tighter and tighter and prices are getting higher and higher. Im broke as fuck most the time , I live in MD which ud be surprised how expensive living cost are here alone. Actually I believe MD was the 2nd worst state as far as what minimum wage was vs what an actual living wage would be here . What they calculated a living wage here to be is 11.60 an hour which is still such bullshit, 11.60 can be a living wage yes but exactly that , the bare minimum to keep you alive with food and shelter. The average apt here is 1000-1200 a month ( 1 bedroom ) anything less your in the hood and baltimores hoods aren't where anyone wants to be. Those are still 500-700 a month to live in the getto. But yeah the state who was worse then us was hawaii , are u kidding me !!! I can see and understand why hawaii might be more to live at but fuck me MD is cool but not that fucking cool. U guys hit a topic that i could go on about for hours. I can't stand america anymore cuz its not well america anymore its turned into something way different. Everything has just got so out of hand and its so bad that its almost like theres nothing anyone could even do about it anymore unless we had a full revolution . I mean come the fuck on all the evidence is right in front of or eyes . 1 % of the population hold all the wealth of the wealthiest country in the world ? 1 % ? come onnnnnnn. Not to mention were not talking 1, 2, 20 , 50 , 100 , 200 , 600 millions of dollars but fucking dumb stupid billions , More money any fucking human should even have , Honestly me personally i wouldn't even want a billion dollars its so unnecessary , and you wonder why wealth isn't distributed , when you get that rich its easy as fuck to get richer. 70 years ago it was possible to open business and succeed off your hard work, now your born into a world where your competition is Walmart not Uncle willys general store .

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
if you are looking for a flavor that you can taste over cig mouth i would go with some sort of mint. alot choose menthol but i find people try and make them taste like menthol cigs and it screws up the flavor. try something spearmint or peppermint has a good strong flavor and keeps coughing down.

When you rewick your coil, is the coil itself all black and dirty? If so, dry fire your coil until it's red hot, let off the fire button and while the coils still red hot, rinse the coil under some running water. Repeat this process about three times, your coils will look pretty much like new afterwards, then to burn the water off the coil just pulse the fire button until you see it start to glow. Let it cool for a few seconds then proceed to rewick.

When rewicking, only use enough wick to easily pull it through the coil. Don't use so much wick that you have to pull it through the coil, for coil amount less is more. If you use to much wick you will choke the coil and it will not work efficiently and will easily burn the cotton. If your using cotton make sure it's 100% organic cotton and you should boil and dry it to clean it before use. You could also use rayon fibers (CelluCotton) it's less likely to burn compared to cotton. So again, only use enough wick to easily pull it through the coil, don't leave long tails on the negative post side trim it close to the end of the coil. You can leave a longer tail on the positive side of the coil.

Try these techniques and see if they help. Good luck buddy.

DoWork69

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When you rewick your coil, is the coil itself all black and dirty? If so, dry fire your coil until it's red hot, let off the fire button and while the coils still red hot, rinse the coil under some running water. Repeat this process about three times, your coils will look pretty much like new afterwards, then to burn the water off the coil just pulse the fire button until you see it start to glow. Let it cool for a few seconds then proceed to rewick.

When rewicking, only use enough wick to easily pull it through the coil. Don't use so much wick that you have to pull it through the coil, for coil amount less is more. If you use to much wick you will choke the coil and it will not work efficiently and will easily burn the cotton. If your using cotton make sure it's 100% organic cotton and you should boil and dry it to clean it before use. You could also use rayon fibers (CelluCotton) it's less likely to burn compared to cotton. So again, only use enough wick to easily pull it through the coil, don't leave long tails on the negative post side trim it close to the end of the coil. You can leave a longer tail on the positive side of the coil.

Try these techniques and see if they help. Good luck buddy.

thanks man

Not Sure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
if you dont want to guzzle juice and youre not building yet, i suggest getting a nautilus mini also some juice with 18-24 mg nic
taking small mouth to lung hits using the mini w/ that higher nic level would just about replicate a cigarette
try about 11 watts and your juice and battery life will thank you. i normally dont vape that way until my juice bottles starts getting low and im waiting on the mailman lol

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@DoWork69

Look, there are ways to run higher nic juice in a subtank without getting over nic'd. Use a OCC head instead of the RBA deck and close the airflow to just the one or two holes open instead of leaving it wide open and run it at 12-15 watts. This will give it more of a aerotank/nautilus draw and feel and slow down your juice consumption.

When I started vaping I used clearo's for a bit and then carto's for a long time as well as RDA's, but RDA's were a different beast back then. I would use 36 mg in my carto's and tanks and drip 24 mg....if I were to do that now I'd get a killer headache to say the least. I run 6mg in my drippers and subtank and I use 6 or 12 in my Kayfun on a 1.4 ohm coil at 12 watts depending on my stress level for the day and 12 mg in my Nautilus with BVC heads...I have the two different nic strengths in the same flavors and I have put 12 mg in my subtank and have been able to vape it without a problem....just take longer and fewer hits.

As far as the Subtank RDA deck...I don't trust that piece of shit as far as I can throw it. I just rebuild the OCC heads because I believe that they work better and have much bigger juice flow holes. After I went to show my friend how to use his RDA deck and his came with one of the screw holes stripped and the other screw was too small for the hole and wouldn't screw in either. I don't trust them and won't use them...but that's just my opinion, I know it's hard but try not to get frustrated, it only makes things worse...it's much more difficult to tiner and fix things when you just want to throw your tank out the window :)

Another thing...hot cinnamon is hot cinnamon...it's gonna have a burn whether your cotton is burned or not :)...always make sure your wick is super soaked the first couple times you fire it. and when you rewick your coil, like what was said before, less is more...it's the hardest part of rebuilding because it's a total "by feel" thing and you can't just tell someone specifically how to do it. When you rewick a coil you want just enough cotton that there is the slightest resistance pulling the wick threw it. Too much cotton and you effectively "choke" the wick and all the juice stays on the edges of the coil and burns the center. Too little wick and the wick effectively collapses inside the coil and then half your coil isn't being fed juice and again it burns. You want just enough resistance to feel a slight pull as you thread it threw but not enough to try and move the coil as you pull it threw. And then once you have your coil wicked and saturated don't take the first couple drags off of it. Fire your coil and blow on it to avoid burning it because the first time you fire it or two you can still singe the fucker even saturated....but fire, redrip, and fire again while blowing on it four or five times to "break it in." This will help cook out the initial cotton taste and set your e-liquid taste up.

As for decent E-liquid? That is all preference and other's have given you good advice as to sampling it in stores. Mt Baker Vapor has a huge selection of average juice at a cheap price. If you want to go gourmet then I would Suggest Nicoticket...even when I was strickly DIY only I still had a small bottle of one or two of their flavors around....I've vaped them since they first started and I am partial I admit....there are several other's but their flavors are strong and I loved their "Grandma's Cinnamon Danish" especially when I first started vaping and my tastebuds were recovering because I could taste it really well but being it's a bakery cinnamon it wasn't just a hot burning death cinnamon,,,plus it's a nice snack flavor to help control cravings if you have a sweet tooth like me :)

Rebuilding is simple to learn but difficult to master, it's a total "touch and feel" art. Before you go buy another tank try your 1.2 ohm coil between 12 and 15 watts with a tighter draw setting and see how that does you...if nothing else it will give you a new baseline to work off of towards the vape you want and might slow your juice consumption down a bit. Hang in there, it does get better. I used to go threw a 2-5 ml's of juice a day when I started of the super strong stuff....now I go threw 2-15 ml's a day depending if I am at work or not and how much time I actually vape of the 6 mg stuff and if I am using a tank or a dripper. While vaping is awesome, it's not smoking, you have to want to vape and not smoke and stick with it and it will get easier with time. It gets better...so many of us here are living proof :)

Cheers, best of luck and Happy Vaping! :)

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lol well i just upgraded my whole set up from an ego to the subtank / isitck so I've been smoking the shittttt out that thing !! but I've chilled out some plus i have full air flow and that vapor just flys into my lungs , but i think ur right I'm probably craving nicotine but i feel like 12 mg might be a little to harsh for me in the sub tank. I actually have some 12mg nic juice and ill give it a go and see if its not to bad . The one flavor thats ok not amazing but tolerable i found was a Gummie bear flavor . And thats so weird cuz every fancy flavor or dessert flavor are the ones that tastes shitty to me . I tried five pawns and it was ok but again not anything great so it has to be that I'm fresh out the gate from quitng cigs.

I am in a similar position. I WAS :)a pack a day smoker and have been strictly vaping for 3 weeks. I just upgraded to a Subtank mini and a 30 watt Istick. I am using 12mg nicotine juice with the 1.2ohm Coil that came with the Subtank. I vaping at 14 watts and it's not too harsh. 18mg juice was way too strong for me. I tried the 0.5 ohm coil with several different strength juices but it was just too hot and too much vapor for me. I hope you find a combination that works for you.

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
keep at it and those things wil look like small time clouds lol i can no longer vape and drive on acount of not seeing the road through my window

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer

10mls/day really isn't that bad. But I seen you used to smoke 1pk/day hmmm.... I usually recommend between 10-12mg for a pack a day smoker! I'll include some links to some AWESOME Juices - Reasonably Priced, Flavorful & should help ;)

https://www.thevapeshack808.com/
http://pitbullvapejuice.com/
http://www.toxicangelsejuice.com/
http://dsvcreations.com/
http://www.shop.ejuicegirl.com/
http://www.wickedvapeworldtn.com/index.html
http://www.enchantedecigs.com/

Above are a few that may help! If you need anything else, just shoot me a message or you'll find me around :cool:

VU Sponsors