Become a Patron!

Need good salts for low wattage pods

kisianik

Member For 4 Years
Hi
I am new to pods (but Sub Ohm for the past 3-4 years starting with Kanger Mini Sub Ohm and Sigelei 30 watt) and I am getting frustrated finding good salts.
I have Calibrn, Vladdin, Minifit, and Frenzy (also Uboat and Novo, but those are not good for me).
First of all, I am into fruity flavors with freebase 12 mg and trying salts 50 mg (as I am trying to substitute JUUL and Vuse Alto, the latter one is almost 60 mg).

Just to note. I listed concentration in VG/PG format - I noticed confusion about those numbers here and there.

So, one of the second choices for me (first was Solace 50 mg 60/40, and purchased this without any research) was NKD 100 (freebase is Naked 100) 50 mg 50/50.

Caliburn can not handle 50/50, I taste NKD juice very often. Vladdin surprisingly mute, I can easy smell juice aroma 1-2 feet away, but low wattage is not enough for flavor for NKD, Minifit is about the same.

Frenzy helps with NKD 100, but not good enough, so NKD 100, once finished, is not good.

Surprisingly Caliburn is OK with Solace (60/40), no spit backs at all, Minifit is a bit worse, I think it needed 50/50 as it is very good with Halo Subzero salt (50/50), Vladdin is also better with Solace (50 mg 60/40), go figure.

Right now trying Atomic Salts 50 mg 50/50 with Vladdin, very mellow, shallow flavor, barely noticing, and it is Menthol, which suppose to be strong flavor, at least juice gives strong aroma. At the same time trying Halo Evo Spearmint 50 mg 50/50 on Vladdin as well, a bit better than Atomic Salts, but still not good enough.

I am at loss here. Any recommendations for good salts (different VG/PG ratios if possible to accommodate all devices) to vape tastefully in those devices (mine are more or less common, I hope). I prefer fruits, but if someone has good experience with other flavors, please share, as those brands might have fruit flavors as well.

Appreciate as always in advance.

P.S. Please, do not offer freebase flavors, as I tried with Naked 100/NKD 100 - what ever is good for freebase, is not always good for salts.

kisianik

Member For 4 Years
No replies, oh well.

After extensive research and discussion elsewhere...

Just finished ordering bunch of, I hope, good stuff, not pile of crap again.
Mr. Salt-E (50/50 and 60/40), Twist (50/50 and 70/30), Mr.Pod (a few), Halo Tribeca to try, and Red Apple or 7 Daze (whatever they call themselves). Or and something called Mig Vapor, saw recommendation elsewhere.

HALO Ultra Salts Menthol series, checking now, love Subzero for stealth vaping and flavor.

Not going to order ever again I Love Salts (Mad Hatter) and NKD 100. No matter what people say, even JUUL tastes better, what a shame (I got, I hope, last order of JUUL, so I can compare directly).

Wish me luck.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
No replies, oh well.

After extensive research and discussion elsewhere...

Just finished ordering bunch of, I hope, good stuff, not pile of crap again.
Mr. Salt-E (50/50 and 60/40), Twist (50/50 and 70/30), Mr.Pod (a few), Halo Tribeca to try, and Red Apple or 7 Daze (whatever they call themselves). Or and something called Mig Vapor, saw recommendation elsewhere.

HALO Ultra Salts Menthol series, checking now, love Subzero for stealth vaping and flavor.

Not going to order ever again I Love Salts (Mad Hatter) and NKD 100. No matter what people say, even JUUL tastes better, what a shame (I got, I hope, last order of JUUL, so I can compare directly).

Wish me luck.

Mr Salt makes some decent ones
Salt Factory is alright.
I didn't like the Solace one I tried very much at all.

The 50mg/ml was too strong for me though so I started ordering the 25-35mg/ml option instead.

Good Luck:)

kisianik

Member For 4 Years
Little update.

Vaping Super Salt Mango in Caliburn - excellent, jackpot #2 (after Subzero), however not all good, Super Salt Pineapple in Vladdin is very mute. Is Salt Factory has strong flavor, or shallow or mellow?

Everyone generally give good reviews for NKD 100, but in reality it is so shallow, even in Caliburn. Salts suppose to give satisfaction from individual draws, not chain vaping - defies the purpose - a few draws of strong nicotine vs chain vaping with Sub Ohms (I have many).

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I’m getting some salts this week from Dangerous Woman, I’ll let you know how they are. I lost the one pod I had, the Novo, but I didn’t really like it. I’ll be using an Amor NS Pro tank or a Naut Mini for them. If you use a plus Ohm coil with a tank, you don’t need to use a pod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Mr Salt makes some decent ones
Salt Factory is alright.
I didn't like the Solace one I tried very much at all.

The 50mg/ml was too strong for me though so I started ordering the 25-35mg/ml option instead.

Good Luck:)

Are you using a pod or a tank with plus ohm coils?

kisianik

Member For 4 Years
Are you using a pod or a tank with plus ohm coils?

Thanks for jumping on board

For now I am using pods, mainly Caliburn, Frenzy (both are excellent for flavor), Vladdin and Minifit (both better for stealth vaping. Currently my salts are on strongest side (due to pods), trying nothing less than 45 mg.
I have GeekVape Ammit MTL tank already, but that one will wait for now.

My main goal for salts is to have strong hit in the small package and first reason is vaping at work where it is prohibited. LOL.

But I noticed, trying Naked 100, salts and freebase are feel different in terms of flavor. My favorites in Naked 100 freebase taste like shit in salts (NKD 100), not even close.
I am going through about 10+ juice vendors now trying to find strong flavor ones. Most are shallow and mellow. That is the problem.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My wife really enjoys Pod Juice Loops, it Tastes like dry Fruit Loops...I prefer subohm vaping but it’s pretty good. It’s a 50/50 mix and comes in 35mg and 55mg, I typically $13-15 for a 30ml bottle.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for jumping on board

For now I am using pods, mainly Caliburn, Frenzy (both are excellent for flavor), Vladdin and Minifit (both better for stealth vaping. Currently my salts are on strongest side (due to pods), trying nothing less than 45 mg.
I have GeekVape Ammit MTL tank already, but that one will wait for now.

My main goal for salts is to have strong hit in the small package and first reason is vaping at work where it is prohibited. LOL.

But I noticed, trying Naked 100, salts and freebase are feel different in terms of flavor. My favorites in Naked 100 freebase taste like shit in salts (NKD 100), not even close.
I am going through about 10+ juice vendors now trying to find strong flavor ones. Most are shallow and mellow. That is the problem.

I wasn’t thrilled with Naked when I vaped them when I just quit smoking. The flavor just wasn’t there at all, like zero flavor. I broke them out about a month ago, using a better vape, and they ere still pretty light so I just cut some 12mg juice with it in my tank.

The salts I got are a nice but light flavor. I like them, but if you want a lot of flavor, I don’t think you’d like them. No sweetener etc.

Have you tried any minty flavors? A lot of online places have juice on sale now. I saw a lot of stuff on sale at Breazy and Element.

Gothic Vapor makes some good juice in FB, but I’m not sure how high mg they go. Good prices and 40% off with the VU code VIP . One of my top two juice sources!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks

I will try their fruit mixes mango first https://www.elementvape.com/mango-burst-pod-juice-e-liquid-30ml
I love fruit flavors, menthol and similar, and tobacco (non sweet). Food flavors are not my cup of tea.

Have a look at Gothic then. Their tobacco flavors are great, imho. Not NETs, but pretty tasty! They have a tobacco sampler for about $30 plus you can use the coupon for almost half off. I just looked and they have 24 and 36mg, if that’s enough for you in a pod.

I have an AIO kind of vape from Wismec that’s small and only 40w. It’s prolly okay with salts at 24-36mg with the plus ohm coil. It’s like less than $20. And light and stealthy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk with quit smoking ads! LoL

516_vaper_li

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m really enjoying Blue Razz/Lemonade by Mr. Salt-E. Super Cereal by Massaman is also very good. Naked 100 was very harsh on my throat. Solace was absolute garbage.

These are only my opinions

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
im using +Pods, also known as plus pods. theyre pretty good.
the mango tastes like mango for the most part but their iced grape strangely tastes more like blue cotton candy than grape, imo.

perhaps the problem is less the juice/pods and your devices???
pax era is made by the same folks that made juul.
but pax era is beastly since the device was made for vaping extremely thick cannabis oils.
go get a pax era on ebay with refillable pods man.
no matter what juice you put into those pax pods, doesnt matter. its gonna get vaped smooth. no prob.
its far better than a juul. no way you can use any e liquid in a juul pod.
2 very different devices.

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I occasionally use a Pasito for stealth, and still like my Innokin for salts at times. The two salts I still use after trying quite a few are Pacha Mama Apple Tobacco and Glas Banana Cream Pie.

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I like strawberry juice roll-up salt in my pods. The strawberry comes through pretty good in most of my pods. Good luck!

VU Sponsors