Become a Patron!

need DIY box mod help

vapingvagabon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello, I've been doing some research on building my own box mod. It seems like an interesting project but cant really find info on the type of build I'm interested in. What I'm interested in doing is making a regulated box mod with a "hana" style box. I would perfer dual 18650's but have not found a hana styled box that fits 2 and maintains a great hana style (meaning I found some online but they looked more like clones than that neat look the hana's have, hard to explain).
I dont mind starting with a cheap 30w or 40w safe clone till I can mod it (if things can be done this way). I would then like to put perhaps a yihi (or a good quality chip. I assume the chip is also where the safty features reside? so something like a dna or yihi although dna dont make a high enough w chip for me). So... I would like to make it a 50W-100w (I say this cause I notice I'm always moving up and always going deeper into vaping. I'm vaping at 30-40w now and would like the room to move up). Was thinking of the sigelei 100w plus but would like to see if I can build this first. If anyone knows of a hana style box that'll take 2 18650's and not be overly big or would a single battery do for this? And can anyone tell me if this build is possible and where I might find the help/info to follow to DTM (do this myself). VAPE ON!!!

George Harrier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
The chip you decide to use, will determine what your battery options are. if new to building i recommend practicing you soldering and such first. also, please please please, do research. taking a sig 100 is not a bad idea. comes apart easily and only the power wires and 2 wires for the 510. as easy as it gets. you will have trouble getting the round button off though. could recommend website shapeways : they may have a box in the style you want (3D printed though) . not sure what you mean about not finding a box like the hana though. they are everywhere.

vapingvagabon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I guess what I mean is there box's (or cheap clones I can use) that I've found that r pretty close to haha but can not find a dual 18650 style haha box (I believe there no actual dual 18650 hanas, right?).

So you said something about the sig 100, ill have to look that chip up!

George Harrier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
it runs off 18650 in series. it's a decent chip for a first build. don't think the hana's are ever dual though. not that i know of.

vapingvagabon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So if I can't find a haha style box that fits two 18650's then what's a good chip for running a single that can be from 50w-100w (perfer higher w but don't know how high w I can go on one battery). And what would be a good battery for either the single or dual? Thx for the quick response by the way. Much appreciated!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Basically, you won't find a Hana-style enclosure for dual 18650's. The only chip I'm aware of that can run 50+ watts on a single 18650 is the chip that's in the iPV mini. Not sure what one that is, but a little Google Fu will give you the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yihi sx350 can do 60 watts on a single battery, 120 watts on 2 18650's in series, and the new chip does temp control.

Only chip I'd buy at the moment if I were building a regulated mod. YMMV.

vapingvagabon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sweet answers, thank you all so much!

I found a hana style clone on fasttech.com. Figured I could get that cheap for the box and put the chip I want in it. I can do this right? What all would I need to completely finish this project other than the box, chip and battery?

George Harrier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
should really start from the beginning before building anything. read about batteries. learn how everything works, practice your soldering, etc. first thing is safety man. the hana clone prob won't have the same holes that you'll need for the chip you plan on putting in either.

vapingvagabon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm good on soldering and am learning allot of this stuff in the past year. Still need little more info on batteries and chips and temp cont (basically need to review all the electronic side). Other than that, I know I can do the box fine. Have plenty of hands on talent (ladies, don't be shy) and maybe the buttons would present a problem, but I can figure that out. Really, I'd like to get a parts list setup so I know how much I'm looking at spending, will the quality for the price be worth it to me, am I forcing the idea of an amazing mod into something that actually wouldn't work well. I am currently looking for some good info on the electronics such as batteries and chips and switches and wires and what ever else I may need, if anyone can share a reliable site or thread for this.

VU Sponsors