Become a Patron!

Need box mod!

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey all! Does anyone make an awesome box mod that DOES NOT have built in batteries?

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I would like to keep the price under $80. And as far as watts go, I was looking for anything between 20-30w

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Knowing your budget would indeed help us help you.

And yes, there are indeed some Awesome box mods where you can replace the battery!

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I would like to keep the price under $80. And as far as watts go, I was looking for anything between 20-30w
With that budget you might also want to consider the 50w boxes as well. The 50w would give you a bit more freedom and if nothing else allow you to enjoy the sub tanks like the Kanger, Atlantis, and the Delta that are hitting the market. Off the top of my head I would look at the ipv mini 30w device, the ipv mini v2 70w device, Sig 30w, Sig 50w v2, Smok xpro m65. All of those are single batt options that will have in the mod charging. If you wanted dual batts you could pick up either a Sig 100w for that budget or bump the budget by 10 bucks and pick up the Sig 150w. I through out those higher watt options because imo it is easier to lower your watts than to use watts in the future that you do not have.

What kind of toppers are you going to be using?

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I have a Lemo and a kayfun right now but was hoping to get my hands on one of those el cabron drippers.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I have a Lemo and a kayfun right now but was hoping to get my hands on one of those el cabron drippers.
Those look cool. Yeah the kayfun and the Lemo a 30w device is a good choice, but If you are going to be using drippers I would look at the ipv mini v2 70w, Sigelei 50w v2 box, ipv2s, or the ipv2x as they can all be found in your budget. Like I said it is better to have the watts and not use them, than it is to need more and not having them. Of course these are just off the top of my head and jmo your search may take you in a different direction but it is a starting point. I would look for a form factor I like and see how much of the wishlist criteria gets check, and if possible look for reviews.

Trying to think of another box besides the ipv devices as I look like a fanboy lol There is the Smok m65 but I don't know a lot about it but you could check it out.

Are there any devices that you have been looking at or considering?

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dude, thank you for all the awesome advice. All of you guys rock! Thanks for answering my post so quickly as well. I have a lot to weigh out now :)

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude, thank you for all the awesome advice. All of you guys rock! Thanks for answering my post so quickly as well. I have a lot to weigh out now :)
Yeah there are a lot of options which is a good thing but sometimes it can be overwhelming. good luck with your search.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just bought the IPV Mini 2. I don't need 70 watts but it seemed like a good idea to have them The regular IPV Mini (same size) goes to 30 watts. I already had old Sony VTC5s, so it made sense to get something with a replaceable battery, otherwise I would have gone for the new Istick 50 watt.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I would suggest the sigelei mini 30 watt or the ipv mini v1 or v2 for the extra power should you need it in the future. I personally prefer the Ipv Mini since it feels much better in your hand with a more durable build. Good luck with your quest.:)

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you want good runtime and the ability to run tanks and drippers to their potential, I recommend a sigelei 100 watt plus or 150. Spending over $50 and realizing you need more power or more battery life would suck. Get a big power sigelei and be done. Just make sure it's a 100+ or 150 as they have the good connectors. A dual coil rda can easily handle over 50 watts. Having more power than you might need is fine as you can set it where ever you want. Having less is not. Can't turn it up past it's limit.

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just bought the IPV Mini 2. I don't need 70 watts but it seemed like a good idea to have them The regular IPV Mini (same size) goes to 30 watts. I already had old Sony VTC5s, so it made sense to get something with a replaceable battery, otherwise I would have gone for the new Istick 50 watt.
I agree with the ipv mini v2 great size and power can be had at eciggity.com for 62.99 free ship with code "10percentoff"

VU Sponsors