Become a Patron!

need advice on new device selection

hey. quit cigs about 3 months ago. have been using a breeze 2 with 0.6Ω coils that i find work fine with salts too--seems the 1.0Ω burn out way faster.
was a pack-a-day kool smoker, and settled on 12mg. freebase and usually 25mg. salt--either just menthol or a few select 'iced' flavors.
am thinking about progressing device-wise.
so, 0.6Ω are considered 'sub ohm', but work great with salts, so i guess they're not 'low' enough to worry about getting too much nicotine.
like i said, the higher resistance coils seem to not last so long--but, of course, i only have experienced the breeze 2 1.0Ω coils and don't know if any others would give similar or better results.
care not a whit about clouds.
am just looking for a device (probably a kit, i guess) that:

doesn't cost an arm and a leg
has a tank with a decent capacity
is pretty user-friendly (but i am willing to learn some)
can be used with mesh coils (seems these are superior)

i have been doing exhaustive research and am just confused as ever, though i am happy with aspire and am leaning toward cleito, as the coils are mesh, and the cleito tank seems to have good reviews, but have also looked into innokin as they do have a 0.5Ω plexus coil.
o, and while we're here, how is it possible that one hit can taste burnt but the next not so? this has been puzzling me greatly.
thanks so much for any input!

101vape

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So part of the reason why you're able to vape salt nic on the Breeze 2 with a 0.6 Ω coil is because the Breeze 2 is not as powerful as a mod with tank setup. If you are able to try a 0.6 Ω coil in a tank with a mod around 40W-60W, it will feel much more powerful than your Breeze 2. Using salt nic on this type of setup might not be so fun. I just hung out with a friend the other night that has a Drag 2 Kit - he put salt nic juice in that and was very unhappy with the results.

My recommendation for you is the SMOK Nord. The Nord has a very similar setup and shape as the Breeze 2. But what makes it different is its coils. Nord coils are available in 0.6 Ω Mesh for 0mg-12mg regular juice and 1.4 Ω regular or ceramic for salt nic juice. We sell it at $25.99 and everytime we restock, it sells out within a few days.

Another good one for you so you can get more tank capacity is the new ATOPACK Magic by Joyetech. It has a huge 7ml capacity. Only downside for you is there are no other options for its pods - they're only optimized for salt nic juice. And again, I'm recommending a highly popular product so we're sold out.

If anything, I'd recommend watching Youtube videos on these. Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:

101vape

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry about the multiple replies. The website was messing up and I don't know how to delete the duplicate posts.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
hey. quit cigs about 3 months ago. have been using a breeze 2 with 0.6Ω coils that i find work fine with salts too--seems the 1.0Ω burn out way faster.
was a pack-a-day kool smoker, and settled on 12mg. freebase and usually 25mg. salt--either just menthol or a few select 'iced' flavors.
am thinking about progressing device-wise.
so, 0.6Ω are considered 'sub ohm', but work great with salts, so i guess they're not 'low' enough to worry about getting too much nicotine.
like i said, the higher resistance coils seem to not last so long--but, of course, i only have experienced the breeze 2 1.0Ω coils and don't know if any others would give similar or better results.
care not a whit about clouds.
am just looking for a device (probably a kit, i guess) that:

doesn't cost an arm and a leg
has a tank with a decent capacity
is pretty user-friendly (but i am willing to learn some)
can be used with mesh coils (seems these are superior)

i have been doing exhaustive research and am just confused as ever, though i am happy with aspire and am leaning toward cleito, as the coils are mesh, and the cleito tank seems to have good reviews, but have also looked into innokin as they do have a 0.5Ω plexus coil.
o, and while we're here, how is it possible that one hit can taste burnt but the next not so? this has been puzzling me greatly.
thanks so much for any input!
Maybe this can be simplified? There's suggestions but, a couple questions first:)
1 - You like the Breeze 2, w/1.0Ω coil using salts, that's all you've used, and your thinking the .06 will work well for your salt and last longer?
2 - You've used 12mg freebase and like that too?
3 - Cleito tank is best for DTL. It's been out for 3 years and I'm thinking there's better. Innokin has Zenith that is supposed to be good for MTL.
4 - Are you wanting to stay with MTL or change to DTL?
5 - Do you want something that will work best with salt or reg juice?

With kits, usually either the tank or the mod isn't optimal for a persons wants/needs. Best to decide on tank first, then mod. If the tank happens to come with a mod that works for your needs and you really like it, then that's a bonus.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome to VU.
The Kroma/Zenith or the Kroma A/iSub B kits are the perfect next step for newish vapers. The Kroma is an internal battery device with a good menu for navigation . The Zenith has af the ranges from mtl to rl (restricted lung), coils are good as well. The iSub B af ranges from rl to dl and is compatible with all isub coils. Both have plexus coils (Innokin's mesh).

Welcome to VU.
The Kroma/Zenith or the Kroma A/iSub B kits are the perfect next step for newish vapers. The Kroma is an internal battery device with a good menu for navigation . The Zenith has af the ranges from mtl to rl (restricted lung), coils are good as well. The iSub B af ranges from rl to dl and is compatible with all isub coils. Both have plexus coils (Innokin's mesh).
Thanks for the advice! :)

VU Sponsors