Become a Patron!

need advice for dual 21700 or 18650 mod in the 50 $ range at FT

noob with lots of payed yt reviews seen, 30y of smoking, got a starter DL kit that gunks (A LOT, really gross) the coils and cloth/fade/no taste in 1 day, 70/30 3mg,so nothing awkward on my part. No advice of fk given by the vendors. I'm oozing money 1 coil /day or 2 days. going like this for 2 weeks now.

I decided to actually see the wick, so, rebuildables. Hoping to persuade the wife to quit cigs too with MTL

Was just about to buy the Polar 200 W based on raving reviews ( i hate the form and color), then i found this awesome forum where users speak the truth.

For the atomizers, i want to buy Wasp and VLS - both original -out of respect for the price/quality, I want to support them - to do DL. I also want to try MTL so berserker mini rtl for the wife and zerker RDA mtl for me.

here comes the noob problems and apologies for the long post:

Because of the zerk RDA MTL, i'm forced to squonk. Never did. I don't know how it feels.
I don't know any better so i eyed VV Pulse 80W, never saw the box, i don't know the real user experience. Good or bad? Should i go Athena ? ( 20700 really hard to find in east EU). So, zerk rda mtl on the pulse so far.

I could just drip in the oumiers but because of the vls i want a dual battery .Since i've read here the polar is actually garbage....i don't know what to choose. Yihi, dnas , way too rich for my blood right now.

I'm the guy who likes the looks of matte black/simple mods like Tesla WYE 85w or Oceanus or Bombertech, and not so much the form of rx gen3 dual( the only one i could actually see/touch, rattled like hell, plastic moved a lot, and ofc 3x the FT price).

For the wife i've thought the Tesla wye 85W with a zerker mini RTA. I'd like to ask if you like this setup, wye85/zerk mini rta. Really like the wye shape. Zerk mini, not so much, but she needs an rta.

Honestly, having to buy 2 mods, a regulated pulse (noob, afraid of mechs) and also a 2-nd dual battery mod irks me a lot because it seems , like someone else said earlier, if the device doesn't explode during the YT review, it's a win, so i don't know what to choose. WYE 200 seems to fire on it's own, Polar..omg...Yeah, i like slim rectangular/matte stuff, i was so drooling over Oceanus a lot, but i want 2 batteries to do 2 verts on the vls.

I'd appreciate your help a lot about the wye 85/zerk mini/zerk rta mtl, but mostly, for a 2x18650/21700 mod that you like.

Last edited:

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Some bugs are still being worked out on the Polar. See reviews from DJLSB and pbusardo on YouTube.

In that style, Innokin Proton or Smoant Charon Mini. Both new, sharp, and not tacky. Modefined Draco also similar.

Or if a little older is ok, Revenger X, Wismec Ravage230, Aspire Speeder.

Much older- Smoant Battlestar, Asmodus Minikin v2. The latter is heavier but has longer battery life. Both are durable and have the WYE shape. I'm a Battlestar fan. It is a little dated now, but what a workhorse.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1 minikin

@Vaping With Vic just reviewed a single-cell mod that looked pretty damned durable, too.. Plus, it takes 2x700 or 18650.

I've a Pulse 24 - never use it. (I still need to put up a sale page - I keep finding other chores).

I'd recommend single-coil rebuildables. Why? Because they are simple and cheap to feed. Duals are not DIFFICULT, but they are just not what I would encourage a newb to start coiling for. Tanks? I've 2x Engine Nano - excellent product; a Coil Master Elfy - cheap, small and reliable. The Intake RTA is also suggested as a good, flavorful, simple RTA; The Horus and even the KAEES Solomon 2 RTA have also gotten decent reviews.

The Wasp Nano is nice and cheap and reliable. I recently picked up an SXK Basic and that is a bit more restrictive, but the latter has vertical intakes and thus doesn't flood. The Wasp rides my Gbox200, the Basic rides the DS-style clone: both work, both mods took some hackery/modding to please me. If you get a Wasp Nano, get a short DT as well - it does periodically spit a little and that shit gets old - fast.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
noob with lots of payed yt reviews seen, 30y of smoking, got a starter DL kit that gunks (A LOT, really gross) the coils and cloth/fade/no taste in 1 day, 70/30 3mg,so nothing awkward on my part. No advice of fk given by the vendors. I'm oozing money 1 coil /day or 2 days. going like this for 2 weeks now.

I decided to actually see the wick, so, rebuildables. Hoping to persuade the wife to quit cigs too with MTL

Was just about to buy the Polar 200 W based on raving reviews ( i hate the form and color), then i found this awesome forum where users speak the truth.

For the atomizers, i want to buy Wasp and VLS - both original -out of respect for the price/quality, I want to support them - to do DL. I also want to try MTL so berserker mini rtl for the wife and zerker RDA mtl for me.

here comes the noob problems and apologies for the long post:

Because of the zerk RDA MTL, i'm forced to squonk. Never did. I don't know how it feels.
I don't know any better so i eyed VV Pulse 80W, never saw the box, i don't know the real user experience. Good or bad? Should i go Athena ? ( 20700 really hard to find in east EU). So, zerk rda mtl on the pulse so far.

I could just drip in the oumiers but because of the vls i want a dual battery .Since i've read here the polar is actually garbage....i don't know what to choose. Yihi, dnas , way too rich for my blood right now.

I'm the guy who likes the looks of matte black/simple mods like Tesla WYE 85w or Oceanus or Bombertech, and not so much the form of rx gen3 dual( the only one i could actually see/touch, rattled like hell, plastic moved a lot, and ofc 3x the FT price).

For the wife i've thought the Tesla wye 85W with a zerker mini RTA. I'd like to ask if you like this setup, wye85/zerk mini rta. Really like the wye shape. Zerk mini, not so much, but she needs an rta.

Honestly, having to buy 2 mods, a regulated pulse (noob, afraid of mechs) and also a 2-nd dual battery mod irks me a lot because it seems , like someone else said earlier, if the device doesn't explode during the YT review, it's a win, so i don't know what to choose. WYE 200 seems to fire on it's own, Polar..omg...Yeah, i like slim rectangular/matte stuff, i was so drooling over Oceanus a lot, but i want 2 batteries to do 2 verts on the vls.

I'd appreciate your help a lot about the wye 85/zerk mini/zerk rta mtl, but mostly, for a 2x18650/21700 mod that you like.

Squonking is nice, I recommend trying it especially if you want the Wasp and Berserker RDA - I can't recommend you one or the other you listed though, but there are a Lot of people who squonk on this forum who can help :)

You might ask in the squonking section to get more clear advice :

http://vapingunderground.com/forums/bottom-feeders-squonking.742/

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
PIONEER4YOU IPV6X

Similar shape to Oceanus, dual 18650, centered 510, Yihi SX chip.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You don't need to be afraid of mechs if you have and use good common sense. That's why I'm suggesting the mod below, your post reads as though you do have and use common sense.

Coppervape BF 18650 Mechanical Mod

I use two different ones of these. Got a silver one and a brass one. The silver one is aluminum.

It can pair up with any 510 tipped RDA, I would suggest 22 to 24 mm diameter ones and don't go over 24 mm as you'll get over hang.

Squonking at Fasttech

Is a good link to squonking gear on Fast Tech. They are a Chinese whole seller that gets various products from as various manufactures, producers of products.

Don't order anything during the month of February as that is the Chinese holiday month, they honor ancestors, have vigils for peace, sweep out their homes and generally have a month of making merry, remembering and honoring life, love, joy.

You'll not get anything shipped during this month (Feb.). Usual shipping takes about two weeks, you might end up getting stuff a month after ordering. Please order understanding the product is shiping from China and will take a little bit. Fast Tech does have usually, exceptional customer service.

Be aware too of some minor communication glitches, be explicit and direct in communicating with them. They read English but don't quite pick up tone. By explicit I don't mean vulgar rather say what is what accurately and clearly. "The last RDA (Product name and sku# here) shipped to me from you was dead on arrival, need replacement please." That will go a lot further than say, "Your RDA is crap, I want issue resolved."

If you do need to do such, they have a ticket system. They might want a photo to prove the fact, which is understandable and can be done online easily. I've had good products with only one having been shipped DOA.

If you need more help coming to squonking you might want to check out the thread below.

Squonkers are Bonkers

We're a motely crue of patients running the asylum. Come on in and enjoy some of @Train's special cookies, listen to @The Cromwell carry on about too many kids on his lawn, @JuicyLucy fussing over too much fashion in squonking mods. Me? I kind of fall through the cracks all the time but always survive.

Battlestar was my first pick, really, before i even posted the op. A few dudes stated they autofire and maybe it was hate post , i'm really glad yours was without flaw, it looks....just superb.

I know the Wasp spits, and i know the VLS has jumping readings from the reverse thread (probably machining), buying them is a gesture of supporting the company rather than picking them for outstanding quality. Thanks for the 810 driptip tip tip tip for the wasp

Regarding tanks, i am curently eyeing Zesthia ( wow, vic almost fainted, fake or not, from the flavor, saw?), nano engine - jay's favorite outside typhoon, footon aqua reboot , horus and VV revolver, probably will go with nano engine when they re-stock.

I decided the tesla wye 85 is too beautiful not to buy ( even it's for the wife, i'll steal it somehow), but i'm not quite sure about the zerk mini RTA that sits on it because of the reviewers wars. I guess it'll do.

Yes, i want single coil builds too, not only because they are simpler but in a smaller chamber - like a 22, hopefully they will provide good flavor. Which kind of makes the VLS obsolete except VLS price is 3 drip tips am i right. Single coil also means i can single 650/700

See, if it wasn't for the reviewers fainting about the zerk MTL dripper, i wouldn't even need to squonk. I'd just get a wye 85 and an Obs nano and be done . But as the cart on FT looks right now, i'll have ( just myself) : a zerk mtl rda, wasp, vls, and an RTA . 4 atties and 1 mod lol, and that being just 80w.

Again all this long post because as i've written it, my common sense tells me to get the pioneer with sx on it, but the heart wants a battlestar lol.

thank you guys for all the suggestions, they all look good, much appreciated
have a good one

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Battlestar was my first pick, really, before i even posted the op. A few dudes stated they autofire and maybe it was hate post , i'm really glad yours was without flaw, it looks....just superb.

I know the Wasp spits, and i know the VLS has jumping readings from the reverse thread (probably machining), buying them is a gesture of supporting the company rather than picking them for outstanding quality. Thanks for the 810 driptip tip tip tip for the wasp

Regarding tanks, i am curently eyeing Zesthia ( wow, vic almost fainted, fake or not, from the flavor, saw?), nano engine - jay's favorite outside typhoon, footon aqua reboot , horus and VV revolver, probably will go with nano engine when they re-stock.

I decided the tesla wye 85 is too beautiful not to buy ( even it's for the wife, i'll steal it somehow), but i'm not quite sure about the zerk mini RTA that sits on it because of the reviewers wars. I guess it'll do.

Yes, i want single coil builds too, not only because they are simpler but in a smaller chamber - like a 22, hopefully they will provide good flavor. Which kind of makes the VLS obsolete except VLS price is 3 drip tips am i right. Single coil also means i can single 650/700

See, if it wasn't for the reviewers fainting about the zerk MTL dripper, i wouldn't even need to squonk. I'd just get a wye 85 and an Obs nano and be done . But as the cart on FT looks right now, i'll have ( just myself) : a zerk mtl rda, wasp, vls, and an RTA . 4 atties and 1 mod lol, and that being just 80w.

Again all this long post because as i've written it, my common sense tells me to get the pioneer with sx on it, but the heart wants a battlestar lol.

thank you guys for all the suggestions, they all look good, much appreciated
have a good one
Engine Nano has been discontinued and there will be no restock. You can maybe still find one on ebay.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Kanger toptank mini.. It comes with 2 factory made coils, a 3ml tank, a rebuildable RBA mini and 2 coils to use in the rba mini. Easy to use, and build. IF you get a leak, it is easy to fix. (like close the air flow when filling). The kit comes with a mod that will produce 75w of power, enough if you want to try a RDA (drip atomizer). Wire is cheap $5 for about 30 feet, which is like 60 or more coils. Cotton is like $8 a pouch for cotton bacon, which should do you over a year.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Kanger toptank mini.. It comes with 2 factory made coils, a 3ml tank, a rebuildable RBA mini and 2 coils to use in the rba mini. Easy to use, and build. IF you get a leak, it is easy to fix. (like close the air flow when filling). The kit comes with a mod that will produce 75w of power, enough if you want to try a RDA (drip atomizer). Wire is cheap $5 for about 30 feet, which is like 60 or more coils. Cotton is like $8 a pouch for cotton bacon, which should do you over a year.

This does sound like a fairly decent starter setup, or even possibly a fall back backup. You come up with some great suggestions. :) No, that's not sarcasm or something just said. You genuinely do have some good ideas. Thanks. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: You know what to do with the extras. :)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reuleaux RX2 21700 with a pair of Samsung 40T batteries and a decent RBA. Factory coils don't work for me, but neither does anything too far below 90 watts as that just leaves me wanting for more... I almost always vape above 120 watts (and I don't use anything but advanced coil builds) so a lot depends on what exactly it is you had in mind.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
This does sound like a fairly decent starter setup, or even possibly a fall back backup. You come up with some great suggestions. :) No, that's not sarcasm or something just said. You genuinely do have some good ideas. Thanks. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: You know what to do with the extras. :)
Extra coils? I just kept mine in the package until needed or until I moved beyond that particular tank, then gave my extra coils, build deck, rba mini deck and coils to my younger brother.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Extra coils? I just kept mine in the package until needed or until I moved beyond that particular tank, then gave my extra coils, build deck, rba mini deck and coils to my younger brother.

*chuckling* That's good too. :)

I was meaning any extra hugs I sent your way. Pass those hugs to somebody you think might need a few. I'm sort of on this crazy notion that if we each offer hugs freely and keep those rolling we can at least give someone a bit of a better day. It's sort of a each life a person might save saves a world idea. Hopefully, we can affect enough change in the world to keep the bad guys from winning it all.

Know that a hug or two seems to be small gesture/s. Consider though a heart attack paiten tin an ambulance who is suffering badly. An E.M.T might reach over and take their hand. In that moment the paitent realizes they're not alone and someone has empathy. Another person has expressed care, dignity, compassion for the paitent, they can relax or at least find solace. The heart attack gradually subsides as they reach the hospital, a life saved at least for that moment.

Sometimes even the smallest actions can hold greater consequences and mean so very much more.

Last edited:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
*chuckling* That's good too. :)

I was meaning any extra hugs I sent your way. Pass those hugs to somebody you think might need a few. I'm sort of on this crazy notion that if we each offer hugs freely and keep those rolling we can at least give someone a bit of a better day. It's sort of a each life a person might save saves a world idea. Hopefully, we can affect enough change in the world to keep the bad guys from winning it all.

Know that a hug or two seems to be small gesture/s. Consider though a heart attack paiten tin an ambulance who is suffering badly. An E.M.T might reach over and take their hand. In that moment the paitent realizes they're not alone and someone has empathy. Another person has expressed care, dignity, compassion for the paitent, they can relax or at least find solace. The heart attack gradually subsides as they reach the hospital, a life saved at least for that moment.

Sometimes even the smallest actions can hold greater consequences and mean so very much more.
Many DNA tests started with a hug....

VU Sponsors