Need a substitute tank

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I like to change my flavors frequently and I can't control it or wait. Sometimes I'll end up rinsing out whatever is left on my tank which is such a waste so i have decided to get 2 more tanks! Lol (if there's a better way, I'll be open to it)

I will be getting a sub tank mini from a friend.

I need suggestions for the 2nd one. Budget is $50 CAD which is like just under $40 USD
Hoping to get something more on the flavor side then clouds cuz the one I have now is mainly clouds.
Not really looking for rebuildable either but if you got one that you feel is an absolute must, I'll do it! :D

Thanks in advanced guys and gals!

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh and moderators I'm not sure how this ended up here (I really thought I was on the right page) but I guess this would fit better on the accessories area. Please and thank you

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think using one tank system, like Kanger Subtanks, is a good idea. You won't have to get multiple brands of coil heads, and if you decide to use the rebuildable head it gets even easier to change flavors. All you would need to do is rinse the tank and replace the cotton. If you prefer to stick to normal coil heads you can always simply use separate heads for different kinds of flavors. You use one coil head for a fruit flavor, for example. When you decide to switch to a desert all you would need to do is take out the fruit head and put a different head that's just for your desert flavor. When you switch back to the fruit.. switch back to the other head. You can keep the different coil heads in separate small bags.

You can get a selection of different tanks and do the same thing but you will need to get different heads for each of them. If you want another brand of tank I recommend trying the eGo One Mega with .5 ohm CLR coil heads (must be the CLR). Those heads are special. They're the easiest coils to rewick on the market. Want to change flavors, just rinse the tank and coil head, remove the old cotton and put in new cotton (very easy). That way you won't need different heads for different flavors. Just know that the CL heads that come with the tank are pretty lousy and the 1.0 ohm CLR heads have very little airflow. Their are tricks around that though.

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think using one tank system, like Kanger Subtanks, is a good idea. You won't have to get multiple brands of coil heads, and if you decide to use the rebuildable head it gets even easier to change flavors. All you would need to do is rinse the tank and replace the cotton. If you prefer to stick to normal coil heads you can always simply use separate heads for different kinds of flavors. You use one coil head for a fruit flavor, for example. When you decide to switch to a desert all you would need to do is take out the fruit head and put a different head that's just for your desert flavor. When you switch back to the fruit.. switch back to the other head. You can keep the different coil heads in separate small bags.

You can get a selection of different tanks and do the same thing but you will need to get different heads for each of them. If you want another brand of tank I recommend trying the eGo One Mega with .5 ohm CLR coil heads (must be the CLR). Those heads are special. They're the easiest coils to rewick on the market. Want to change flavors, just rinse the tank and coil head, remove the old cotton and put in new cotton (very easy). That way you won't need different heads for different flavors. Just know that the CL heads that come with the tank are pretty lousy and the 1.0 ohm CLR heads have very little airflow. Their are tricks around that though.

Good stuff. Thanks! Will purchase tonight!

bloosman1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I do that as well, Kanger protank2= High nic., mtl fruity juice. Kanger nano= high nic.,dl, coffee juice. Kanger mini= High VG, dl, higher end juice.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I like to change my flavors frequently and I can't control it or wait. Sometimes I'll end up rinsing out whatever is left on my tank which is such a waste so i have decided to get 2 more tanks! Lol (if there's a better way, I'll be open to it)
I will be getting a sub tank mini from a friend.
I need suggestions for the 2nd one. Budget is $50 CAD which is like just under $40 USD
Hoping to get something more on the flavor side then clouds cuz the one I have now is mainly clouds.
Not really looking for rebuildable either but if you got one that you feel is an absolute must, I'll do it!
Thanks in advanced guys and gals!
I think your best option is going to be to get a smaller tank.

Like a TFV4 mini for about 30 USD or an iSub Apex for about 25 USD.
You can pick up either at Sweet Vapes...Cheers!

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think your best option is going to be to get a smaller tank.

Like a TFV4 mini for about 30 USD or an iSub Apex for about 25 USD.
You can pick up either at Sweet Vapes...Cheers!

That's not a bad idea at all!

Too bad I've gone and purchased already.. :'(

Might pick up a TFV4 mini anyway in the future though as I've heard many good things about it.

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Have you thought about getting a dripper? It's a little more maintenance but you can get some pretty cheap ones and it is really easy to change flavors. Just pull out the cotton and put new in. And your not wasting a bunch of juice

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

UncleMike

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
^^ exactly, if you like changing flavors frequently a RDA is the way to go. You can get them pretty cheap too if you look around

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 1 but it's just okay. It feels a little too warm.. not sure if warms the word.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's not a bad idea at all!

Too bad I've gone and purchased already.. :'(

Might pick up a TFV4 mini anyway in the future though as I've heard many good things about it.

I think you'll like the Kanger. I'm buying 2 more this week. I prefer my Kangers to my TFV4 and my MutationX V4

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like the airflow myself. It's not as massive as the TFV4, but it's fine for me.

From what I'm seeing, the mini should be just as good. But, I'll know by tomorrow evening.

And I'll let you know if the air flow is the same as the Kanger Plus.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait until you to see how leaky the Sub-Tank Mini is after it's sat on top of your mod all night.

Last and final warning skip the sub-tank mini.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wait until you to see how leaky the Sub-Tank Mini is after it's sat on top of your mod all night.

Last and final warning skip the sub-tank mini.

You know how many leaking tank threads there have been on ALL the Kangers?

I have yet to have an issue. Of course, that may change with the mini. But I'll soon see.

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It leaked a little bit once in my bag but that's about it for me.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Airflow is as good on the mini, as it is on the Plus. I'm pleased to say. :)

spongeylilvaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Eleaf Ijust2 tanks are pretty good. Coils are inexpensive and easy to clean.

My first proper alien and he's an idiot.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@thejman Just a heads up, I'm not finding the airflow to be as good using the OCC 1.2 coil provided. Looking at it, there seems to be something inside the coil that restricts the airflow.

This really isn't an issue for me, I use the RBA and do my own coils. But I figured I would use the coils provided to test some new recipes.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a heads up, I'm not finding the airflow to be as good using the OCC 1.2 coil provided. Looking at it, there seems to be something inside the coil that restricts the airflow.
Just get poky with it I use a tooth pick or cake tester.
POKE POKE POKE.

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@thejman Just a heads up, I'm not finding the airflow to be as good using the OCC 1.2 coil provided. Looking at it, there seems to be something inside the coil that restricts the airflow.

This really isn't an issue for me, I use the RBA and do my own coils. But I figured I would use the coils provided to test some new recipes.

That must be it then. Im actually using the 1.2 ohm coils

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That must be it then. Im actually using the 1.2 ohm coils

I've used the OCC builds in the past. So this is something that has come up recently it seems.

Here's 1.2 & .5 you can clearly see the difference. My older 1.2 have a opening similar to the .5

image.jpgimage.jpg

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just my thoughts. I'm betting this is a redesign to accommodate mouth to lung vapers. Since they typically don't sub ohm.

You may need to change tanks, or learn to build your own.

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm betting this is a redesign to accommodate mouth to lung vapers. .

I agree with that. I have 3 tanks right now and just placed an order for the smok tfv

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with that. I have 3 tanks right now and just placed an order for the smok tfv
6 Sub-Ohm tanks atop 6 high wattage mods 2 mechanical mods 1 with a Kayfun 1 with a Cisco Spec 510H LR and drip shield and 2 Volcano Inferno with iSmoka Clearos as emergency backups.
And I just bought my first TC device & tank combo.A Eleaf iStick 40W TC Full Kit & GS Tank.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How about half your collection for all of mine? :D :rolleyes:
Deal I'll give you half of my collection of *broken worthless items* for all your stuff.

**This might include 1 partially used ex-girlfriend**

***BEFORE ANYBODY GOES COMPLETELY NUCLEAR PLEASE NOTE I SAID THIS IN JEST***

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Deal I'll give you half of my collection of *broken worthless items* for all your stuff.

**This might include 1 partially used ex-girlfriend**

***BEFORE ANYBODY GOES COMPLETELY NUCLEAR PLEASE NOTE I SAID THIS IN JEST***

Deal. Mine might include a semi used x-girlfriend but I think a few tweaks and it's still viable

***BEFORE ANYBODY GOES COMPLETELY NUCLEAR PLEASE NOTE I SAID THIS IN JEST, AS WELL***

VU Sponsors